Accrington Web
   

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.


Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!



Like Tree685Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-01-2018, 21:31   #511
Full Member
 
Lord Love Rocket's Avatar
 

Re: Signings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
Erm why ?
Cos he's still at ASFC?!
Lord Love Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 01-01-2018, 22:38   #512
God Member
 
Kiwi John's Avatar
 

Re: Signings

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Rumors on Morecambe,s forum we are after Stephen Old their center half.
That would be great from my point of view. Stephen went to school for years with my daughter. His dad was an All Black forward-tough as teak. I think Accy needs a NZ connection
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 22:44   #513
Full Member
 
Lord Love Rocket's Avatar
 

Re: Signings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi John View Post
That would be great from my point of view. Stephen went to school for years with my daughter. His dad was an All Black forward-tough as teak. I think Accy needs a NZ connection
His dad was an all black? What's his name?
Lord Love Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 23:03   #514
God Member
 
Kiwi John's Avatar
 

Re: Signings

Geoff ...3 tests and 12 or so midweekers, 1980-83
Lord Love Rocket likes this.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 13:16   #515
Senior Member+
 
Exile on Spencer St's Avatar
 

Re: Signings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi John View Post
....I think Accy needs a NZ connection
But we've got you!
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 15:26   #516
Full Member+
 

Re: Signings

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
We need a centre half???
Of course we do then we can play him at left back and play Donacien at right back
ferret man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 15:41   #517
Coffin Dodger.

 
cashman's Avatar
 
Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!
Addiction Solitaire Champion!

Re: Signings

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferret man View Post
Of course we do then we can play him at left back and play Donacien at right back
Somebody else seems to know "Super John Coleman"
__________________
N.L.T.B.G.Y.D. Do not argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 17:38   #518
Full Member+
 

Re: Signings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Love Rocket View Post
Cos he's still at ASFC?!
Twenty eight is right Johnny Edwards went back to Hull a couple of weeks ago. I was asking why he never got a start for several months. He needs regular football and in my opinion was a better player than wilks who I have to say is grossly overrated. We do need a big centre half to spread the game and play the ball wide to both sides of the pitch. The players we have should not be struggling against teams like Guiseley and Lincoln.
Lord Stiffupperlip likes this.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 18:49   #519
Full Member+
 

Re: Signings

Apology accepted at any time Lord Love Rocket.
You need to work on your sources.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 18:53   #520
Coffin Dodger.

 
cashman's Avatar
 
Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!
Addiction Solitaire Champion!

Re: Signings

I did ask after you said it, and got the same answer as you twenty eight,like Lord Love Rocket, i had to work on me sources, but you didn't eh.
__________________
N.L.T.B.G.Y.D. Do not argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 18:53   #521
Full Member+
 
Lord Stiffupperlip's Avatar
 

Re: Signings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisr View Post
We do need a big centre half to spread the game and play the ball wide to both sides of the pitch. The players we have should not be struggling against teams like Guiseley and Lincoln.
Agree with Chrisr in principle, although Lincoln have beaten us twice, are currently joint 4th in the league & gave Luton a real fright the other day.
However, the two FA Cup games against Guiseley started our recent bad form & imho were down to poor team tactics.
I said at the time that, had Coleman played Sousa & McLeod on the wings, I feel the game would have had a very different outcome.
Instead of fast, simple wing play to service our forwards, we overcomplicated our game plan & were too clever by half against a big, organised midfield & defence.
Our current midfielders, Brown, Nolan etc. are quite capable of spreading the play wide, as are our defenders.
We're always more dangerous when we attack down the flanks at speed, but too often play high balls out of defence, or try going through the middle of a crowded midfield.
McLeod's been fit but left on the bench for the past few games, why?
Is it because his natural position is on the left-wing?
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 18:58   #522
Coffin Dodger.

 
cashman's Avatar
 
Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!
Addiction Solitaire Champion!

Re: Signings

well he could be played at right back
__________________
N.L.T.B.G.Y.D. Do not argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 20:36   #523
Full Member+
 

Re: Signings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Stiffupperlip View Post
Agree with Chrisr in principle, although Lincoln have beaten us twice, are currently joint 4th in the league & gave Luton a real fright the other day.
However, the two FA Cup games against Guiseley started our recent bad form & imho were down to poor team tactics.
I said at the time that, had Coleman played Sousa & McLeod on the wings, I feel the game would have had a very different outcome.
Instead of fast, simple wing play to service our forwards, we overcomplicated our game plan & were too clever by half against a big, organised midfield & defence.
Our current midfielders, Brown, Nolan etc. are quite capable of spreading the play wide, as are our defenders.
We're always more dangerous when we attack down the flanks at speed, but too often play high balls out of defence, or try going through the middle of a crowded midfield.
McLeod's been fit but left on the bench for the past few games, why?
Is it because his natural position is on the left-wing?
Thought we played Sousa in the home game against Guiseley, that didn't go to well
ferret man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 20:48   #524
God Member
 
maccawozzagod's Avatar
 

Re: Signings

At the recent OASSC q&a Coley commented on McLeod, that there was a good player fighting to come out but that he was 'giddy'.

At the moment he's an impact sub if we're losing and need to get at them. If he can learn restraint and when to play sideways/backwards then he'll be great, but he's a liability over 90 minutes because he just wants to turn and go every time he has the ball
monkey hanger likes this.
__________________
email brightvision@sky.com for all window cleaning quotes
maccawozzagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 22:11   #525
Full Member+
 
Lord Stiffupperlip's Avatar
 

Re: Signings

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferret man View Post
Thought we played Sousa in the home game against Guiseley, that didn't go to well
Yeah, right!
He did indeed start & was so effective, they maimed him after 10 minutes of running them ragged & had to be substituted.
His replacement was McLeod, who was also eventually subbed due to injury.
I rest my case!
cashman and Revived Red like this.
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools



Other sites of interest.. More town sites..




All times are GMT. The time now is 02:02.


2003-2013 AccringtonWeb.com


Page generated in 0.39806 seconds with 12 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1