Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree685Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2017, 21:04   #46
God Member

Re: Signings

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
Terry Gornell wanted by AFC Flyde
Hope so as, from what I've seen, his skills offer little to Stanley.
monkey hanger likes this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-05-2017, 21:13   #47
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by nige b View Post
according to whom?
An AFC flyde fan on the non league forum
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2017, 09:01   #48
I am Banned

John Coleman has completed the signing of @southport_fc midfielder Liam Nolan for an undisclosed fee accringtonstanley.co.uk/2017/05/nolan-…
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2017, 09:03   #49
I am Banned

As part of the deal, Stanley will travel to Southport on July 29th.
Old 15-05-2017, 09:27   #50

Looks like a promising young addition to the squad + a nice day out at 'Scouseport' into the bargain.
The silence regarding the future (if any?) of loanee's Rodak, Rodgers & Edwards has become deafening.
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2017, 09:46   #51
God Member

I'm presuming this lad is the addition Coley spoke about last week, strange to sign anyone at this time of year as we'll now have to pay him through the summer so he must have something special for us to snap him up.
Trip to Southport'll be good - haven't been there in a while, can start planning already for the friendlies - now what time are the trains . . . . . .
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2017, 10:06   #52
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
I'm presuming this lad is the addition Coley spoke about last week, strange to sign anyone at this time of year as we'll now have to pay him through the summer so he must have something special for us to snap him up.
Trip to Southport'll be good - haven't been there in a while, can start planning already for the friendlies - now what time are the trains . . . . . .
Coley wanted him in January and as we've paid a fee for him he must be something special
Greger likes this.
Old 15-05-2017, 10:11   #53
Senior Member+

Interesting to see we have paid a "fee" , whatever that maybe.

Can't remember many of those over the years, apart from the prodigal son (twice) and Ian Craney.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2017, 11:08   #54
God Member

Blimey! Never thought I'd see Professor Coleman sign a midfield Scouser...who's over 6' tall !!! Now that is something new to look forward to. Hope the lad shows us what he can do.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 15-05-2017, 11:19   #55
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

What seems odd about this to me, is us actually signing someone, yet only on a 1 year contract,with an option. looks to me like J.C. aint that convinced?
Old 15-05-2017, 11:31   #56

The option is just the club being prudent. Why commit to 2 years when you can agree a deal for 1? A lot can happen in 12months beyond the players ability both in respect of the player and club. For example he might not be good enough for league one in 12months time.

Anyone any idea to his playing style?
Inspector Morse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2017, 12:10   #57

Lord Stiff - won't the loanees just have gone back to their clubs without there needing anything to be said?
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2017, 12:15   #58
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by st06nc2 View Post
Coley wanted him in January and as we've paid a fee for him he must be something special
as all new signings lets just wait and see.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2017, 12:22   #59

Lord Stiff - also note that Edwards has returned and played for Hull Academy. He thanked Accy on twitter and said "it's been an experience". Harvey also said his goodbyes there too.
Don't know about Jeff - couldn't find him on twitte.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2017, 12:26   #60
God Member

The few posts on the Souhport fans' forum (they seem to have slightly more issues to worry about right now than the transfer of one player) about Mr. Nolan all say he is a good player, plays better around good players, has played in several positions, and wishing him well.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..