Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree685Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-07-2018, 22:02   #661

Re: Signings

What was "Steevie G" driving when he used to turn up?
keep the faith is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-07-2018, 06:55   #662
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by keep the faith View Post
What was "Steevie G" driving when he used to turn up?
A reliant robin.
KiTChener likes this.
Old 19-07-2018, 10:54   #663
God Member

Mark Hughes has signed a new one year deal with an option for a further year - good news
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2018, 10:16   #664
God Member

And followed by Mr.Sykes. The little I've seen of him he looks to have the potential to be a great asset to the team.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2018, 10:24   #665
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

I have also been very impressed with young sykes, Thought Huddersfield would be a good test and he certainly played very well imho.
KiTChener and keep the faith like this.
Old 20-07-2018, 12:04   #666
Full Member+

Good to see a young player coming through from the youth team. Burnley's loss is our gain. He gave a very assured performance against Huddersfield and although still young and with lots to learn, he could prove to be a very good defender for us.
Reamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2018, 20:55   #667
Senior Member+

You should also mention Sousa if you're talking about existing players extending their stay.
mab and Chrisr like this.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2018, 21:54   #668
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
You should also mention Sousa if you're talking about existing players extending their stay.
Erico Sousa eyes starting Stanley spot after penning new deal | Lancashire Telegraph
Old 20-07-2018, 21:56   #669
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Mark Hughes has signed a new one year deal with an option for a further year - good news
Mark Hughes rejected offers to extend his Stanley stay | Lancashire Telegraph
Old 21-07-2018, 08:09   #670
God Member

its ok sousa and hughes re signing but apart from piero who else have we signed apart from piero. only 2 weeks to go now and i,d have thought we might see some new blood in by now. if i have missed any new signings i apologise.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2018, 10:27   #671
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
its ok sousa and hughes re signing but apart from piero who else have we signed apart from piero. only 2 weeks to go now and i,d have thought we might see some new blood in by now. if i have missed any new signings i apologise.
Will Wood (defender), released by Southampton & Sam Finley (midfielder) from AFC Fylde
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 21-07-2018, 10:53   #672
Senior Member+

Agreed Monkey.
Pressure is on to keep what we've got ......... and not even a rumour of anyone coming in the opposite direction.
All we need now is a few injuries ..........goalkeeper centre forward and centre back ....... and that pressure tap might blow.
Hopefully there's a plan in place and there will be a flurry of activity soon.
Chrisr likes this.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2018, 16:04   #673
God Member

But in the meantime, that's another impressive result against a much bigger and expensive squad.
Well done, Stanley. Must try and find a Boro fan to offer my commiserations.
KiTChener and cashman like this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2018, 16:18   #674
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Overall another good display against a higher status side,was good to see young sykes get the winner at the death, though boros first goal should have been disallowed for a blatant handball, the linesman on the cowshed side shoulda gone to specsavers last week, must be his sight cos no-one could be that useless. also just before we scored the winner Sykes was shoved down to the floor, directly in his line of sight with no-one obstructing it. that was another penalty if he had bothered to watch the game.
Old 21-07-2018, 18:33   #675
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Will Wood (defender), released by Southampton & Sam Finley (midfielder) from AFC Fylde
I thought both of these lads equipped themselves very well when they came on & as for Piero, what can I say - he looked truly at home, indeed it seemed like he'd never been away

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..