Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree685Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-07-2018, 12:52   #721
Senior Member+

Re: Signings

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
We have 4 reasonably high value players in Kee, McConville, Clark and Jackson. I cant see Kee or McConville wanting to move on too much - been there done that and not had the best experience. Jackson and Clark will be hungry for the chance and Id imagine would struggle to turn down any reasonable opportunity.

As a club that is still far behind the bottom of League 2, in terms of infrastructure and revenue, we simply have to sell if the price approaches acceptable.

We sold Beckles last year for a relative snip, and now Ipswich are supposedly preparing a bid. We could hold onto Jackson and he have another good season and double his value, or he could be exposed. Its all a gamble and personally Id cash out

Macca
I agree with you but you've missed a massive asset off that list ........ Janoi.
It's a massive complement to the club that these lads are attracting so much interest.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-07-2018, 15:58   #722
God Member

I think Janoi is quality, but full backs rarely go for a decent fee at this level do they? My opinion only, but I think the bods that he would attract would be turned down flat by Andy
Old 28-07-2018, 16:19   #723
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
Cashy,

Honest question. Who is worth more in your opinion ? Jackson or Donacien ?
Fees / values are all opinions.
What's a player worth ? What someone will write on the cheque.
I can't see anyone paying £2mill for Jackson.
I don't know who you are referring to but there are rules governing fees for youngsters.
Well we will have to disagree, by todays stupid prices i can see someone offering 2 million for Jackson or somewhere near that amount, Janoi also is top quality but as macca says people dont pay as much for defenders fact, as for which is best i would say which one would be harder to replace? and i say Jackson everytime.
Old 28-07-2018, 17:33   #724
God Member

Just listened to Coley,s post match interview on the subject of interest in our players said interest in 6 of our squad and some bids were getting close to the valuation we have put on them and the club would be unlikely to resist that kind of offer as it would propel us in the right direction still trying to bring 3 to4 players in and his body language to me looks like at least 1 if not more could be on their way.
cashman, pifco and monkey hanger like this.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2018, 18:00   #725
Senior Member+

Quote:
Cashy,

Honest question. Who is worth more in your opinion ? Jackson or Donacien ?
Fees / values are all opinions.
What's a player worth ? What someone will write on the cheque.
I can't see anyone paying £2mill for Jackson.
I don't know who you are referring to but there are rules governing fees for youngsters.
Is this a trick question 28 ???
Jackson by a mile!!!
cashman likes this.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2018, 18:07   #726
Senior Member+

Then you’re in for a shock mate.
Take a look at today’s team sheet then draw your own conclusions.
Old 28-07-2018, 18:08   #727
Senior Member+

The question was for Cashman by the way.
Old 28-07-2018, 18:12   #728
God Member

Consider yourself told off F19, how dare you answer a question meant for Cashy?!?
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2018, 18:19   #729

Apparently Les Ferdinand was there today, reportedly for a look at Jackson.
Tom D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2018, 18:22   #730
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Was quite a few yon today looking at players, i was told Ipswich are interested in Kayden,?
Old 28-07-2018, 18:23   #731
God Member

Quote:
Then you’re in for a shock mate.
Take a look at today’s team sheet then draw your own conclusions.
So Janoi didn't play today so what means nought but I have to say he is a stand out player in our squad and they will be sniffing around him Imho the others Coley is talking about apart from Jackson could be Johnson,Mc,Conville,Kee and Clark.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2018, 18:43   #732
Senior Member+

I am only a fan 28 and sometimes I misunderstood thinks, but are you suggesting that the Don is worth more (monetary),than Jackson?in the market place.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2018, 19:42   #733
Senior Member+

So am I 19.
If a club is desperate for a defender of the quality of Janoi then I’ve no doubt at all the fee they are prepared to pay won’t be much short (if short at all) from the offers for Jackson.
Old 28-07-2018, 19:59   #734
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
So Janoi didn't play today so what means nought but I have to say he is a stand out player in our squad and they will be sniffing around him Imho the others Coley is talking about apart from Jackson could be Johnson,Mc,Conville,Kee and Clark.
So why has no reason been given for his absence ? If he was injured wouldn’t you expect that to b said ? Not mentioned once .......
Old 28-07-2018, 21:58   #735
God Member

Can't wait for the football season to actually start.
All this blather about transfer rumours and money is just like the endless drivel on back pages about the Premier League.
AccyMad, KiTChener, Chimer and 1 others like this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..