Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree685Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-05-2017, 12:58   #61

Re: Signings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury View Post
Lord Stiff - also note that Edwards has returned and played for Hull Academy. He thanked Accy on twitter and said "it's been an experience". Harvey also said his goodbyes there too.
Don't know about Jeff - couldn't find him on twitter.
Lord D, I doff my cap to your superior expertise of the 'Twittersphere'.
I think we all hoped that JC might be able to extend their loans into next season, but it sounds like a forlorn hope.
Talking of expertise, I trust you are not the one who has been attempting to bribe the NHS with demands for bitcoins to unblock their drains?
If we suddenly sign Rodak & Rodgers on 3 year deals, I'll know it was you!
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 15-05-2017, 13:11   #62
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector Morse View Post
The option is just the club being prudent. Why commit to 2 years when you can agree a deal for 1? A lot can happen in 12months beyond the players ability both in respect of the player and club. For example he might not be good enough for league one in 12months time.

Anyone any idea to his playing style?
Signing someone now when yeh gotta pay em in close season is prudent?
Old 15-05-2017, 13:26   #63
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
That apart can only wish the lad well.
Old 15-05-2017, 13:46   #64

Maybe he's doing odd jobs round the place over summer.
baldy and cashman like this.
Inspector Morse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2017, 21:49   #65
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury View Post
Lord Stiff - also note that Edwards has returned and played for Hull Academy. He thanked Accy on twitter and said "it's been an experience". Harvey also said his goodbyes there too.
Don't know about Jeff - couldn't find him on twitte.
I don't think Edwards got a fair chance at Accy, I hope Harvey can be coaxed into coming to us next season, He is one player the club should splash out on.
monkey hanger likes this.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2017, 22:03   #66
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Good signing and one for the future me thinks although someone on the telegraph comments page doesn't seem to think so
Quote:
So we sign a scouser from a nonleague team that has Coleman connections, worked out well with Paddy Lacey last season didn’t it? Also we spent money on him, regardless of if it’s just a nominal fee it is a waste.
We all know the team week in, week out regardless of form, fitness or results barring injury or suspensions will be: New/loan netter, Pearson (if we can keep him), Hughes, Beckles, Donacien, McConville, Conneely, Brown, Clark, McCarten, Kee.
Holt doesn’t have limitless funds, look at wages that went to nothing last year, it doesn’t matter how little they were on, for the limited chances they were given it adds up, Wall, Hazeldine (not given a fair chance for all the management talked him up), Hewitt, Eagles (again Port Vale got a tune out of him at a higher level), Gary Taylor Fletcher, Hery, Parish, Chapman, McKeown, not to mention the wasted loans Jones, Edwards, O’Sullivan (just hampered Clark’s progress when all is said and done).
Fair play to McCarten for International recognition but the sad truth is while it may raise the profile of the club and his market value a bit teams in our league play during International breaks so we will be without one of our better perfumers for up to eight matches the coming season.
can't please everyone
Old 16-05-2017, 05:58   #67
God Member

That bloke in the LT never has anything positive to say about Stanley, reckons to be a fan but most of his comments sound like he has a personal vendetta against Coley - I've stopped reading the tripe he comes out with - although I didn't know Shay has a sideline in ladies fragrances
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2017, 07:45   #68
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisr View Post
I don't think Edwards got a fair chance at Accy, I hope Harvey can be coaxed into coming to us next season, He is one player the club should splash out on.
is he still under contract at hull for next season and if so will he be anywhere near the first team squad. if they rate him there more of a chance of him being loaned out to a div.1 club for extra experiance as with o,sullivan a few years ago.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2017, 11:26   #69
Senior Member+

Quote:
Or leave it until August and risk him being snapped up by another club?
Old 16-05-2017, 11:31   #70
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldy View Post
Or leave it until August and risk him being snapped up by another club?
Thats ok if yeh got the funds, are we well off or summat now? Even Arsenal declared they are making a signature in August.
Old 18-05-2017, 09:27   #71
I am Banned

Quote:
Technically the window doesn't open while 1st July so for now he is still a southport player thus they will pay his wages till 1st when he can officially sign for us, if it was a freebie we would pay his wages as they're allowed out of the window but as we've paid for him it will not go through until the window opens
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2017, 09:56   #72
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by st06nc2 View Post
Technically the window doesn't open while 1st July so for now he is still a southport player thus they will pay his wages till 1st when he can officially sign for us, if it was a freebie we would pay his wages as they're allowed out of the window but as we've paid for him it will not go through until the window opens
Cheers fer that, i had no idea of that.
Old 18-05-2017, 18:03   #73
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by st06nc2 View Post
Southport don't pay their players out of season.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2017, 18:27   #74
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
Southport don't pay their players out of season.
Due to them been part time yes but it still doesn't change matters, his contract with us does not begin whilst 1st July that's when we start paying him
monkey hanger likes this.
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2017, 18:42   #75
Senior Member+

Peter Murphy wanted by Tranmere

They hope to get him on part time terms to help with his injury (it's on the Tranmere forum)

He scored a good few goals but I never rated him
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..