Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree685Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-07-2018, 08:42   #736
Senior Member+

Re: Signings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
So am I 19.
If a club is desperate for a defender of the quality of Janoi then I’ve no doubt at all the fee they are prepared to pay won’t be much short (if short at all) from the offers for Jackson.
Think we will disagree on this 28 !!
The Dons a good player,and rarely gets out run,but does he influence a game like Kayden?.
Matty Pearson was more influential IMO and his goals and assists back this up.
Didn’t the Don play regularly for tranmere and they got relegated from the FL ?
Good player,but £2m for him?,no chance,
cashman and monkey hanger like this.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 29-07-2018, 08:53   #737
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Just listened to Coley,s post match interview on the subject of interest in our players said interest in 6 of our squad and some bids were getting close to the valuation we have put on them and the club would be unlikely to resist that kind of offer as it would propel us in the right direction still trying to bring 3 to4 players in and his body language to me looks like at least 1 if not more could be on their way.
is it a case of coley can only bring in his 3 or 4 players if at least one goes on his way. always hate it when our better players move on but quicker things get sorted out the better for everyone concerned. hate a player to leave in a last gasp transfer and we haven,t time to bring someone else in.
cashman and Chrisr like this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2018, 09:19   #738
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
Think we will disagree on this 28 !!
The Dons a good player,and rarely gets out run,but does he influence a game like Kayden?.
Matty Pearson was more influential IMO and his goals and assists back this up.
Didn’t the Don play regularly for tranmere and they got relegated from the FL ?
Good player,but £2m for him?,no chance,
I never said £2mill. If you read what I said the same price as Jackson. I’ve said all along £2 mill is dreamland.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2018, 09:56   #739
Senior Member+

Quote:
I never said £2mill. If you read what I said the same price as Jackson. I’ve said all along £2 mill is dreamland.
Interesting!!,we will wait and see lol
Old 29-07-2018, 10:03   #740
God Member

Quote:
might be dreamland and will not get that but if you asked for 500,000 you,d only get half of that. you can go gown after an initial price but not go upwards..
Old 29-07-2018, 10:12   #741
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

https://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-...ington-striker Blues boss Paul Hurst is set to offer £1.25 million for the 24-year-old,
Old 29-07-2018, 10:35   #742
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
https://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-...ington-striker Blues boss Paul Hurst is set to offer £1.25 million for the 24-year-old,
Not enough imho.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 29-07-2018, 10:48   #743
Senior Member+

Very fair imho - if true.
More concerned about Janoi.
Old 29-07-2018, 11:28   #744
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Not enough imho.
good starting figure though. ask em for 2 million and meet somewhere inbetween.
cashman likes this.
Old 29-07-2018, 11:39   #745
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

By todays crazy prices i would defo ask for £2 million and negotiate from there, gives you room to drop a bit.
Old 29-07-2018, 11:46   #746
Senior Member+

Don’t believe anything in football until the inks dry on the contract!!!,but Waghorns departure will start the domino effect!!!
Old 29-07-2018, 11:55   #747
Senior Member+

The domino effect started weeks ago when Peterborough realised that Marriott was leaving and Coventry lost McNulty.
Then you've got Waghorn that you rightly point out but there's also Christian Doidge, Charlie Wyke, Jayden Stockley.
Let the merry go round commence and I bet Coley is shouting stop I want to get off.
Roll on 9 August.
Old 29-07-2018, 12:03   #748
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Also whatever scouts have been watching, they have seen Kaydo play well against 3 higher status clubs than us, so to me the question aint "Can he do it" anymore.
Old 29-07-2018, 12:11   #749
God Member

Some will go that is inevitable now I think am now more interested in who is coming in Coley in his interview said he is a nuisance on the phone when he has earmarked somebody and keeps pestering till he hopefully gets his man also said should tie a goalkeeper in by Monday Tuesday.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2018, 12:20   #750
Senior Member+

Understand what your saying Cashy,but friendlies are used to get fit,so I wouldn’t read too much into them.
At an higher level,your looking for TABS , technique,attitude,balance and speed,don’t know the lad but he ticks a lot of those boxes.
For me,his confidence is high at the moment and he’s not really had a dip in form.
The championship is very unforgiving!!!,and expections high,it’s how consistent he becomes will determine how successful he will be .
cashman likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..