Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree685Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-07-2018, 17:57   #796
Senior Member+

Re: Signings

It is a real shame for Stanley that Janoi has gone. At least we now have a management and contract structure that has ensured that we got a half decent fee for the lad.
I have always been impressed with Janoi. I always classed him from the start of his time with us, as very skilful and as a real athlete and he has filled in superbly at left back when really his natural position is right back.
I really hope that he does well at Ipswich and would like to thank him for his sterling work over the last two seasons here at Accrington.

ON STANLEY ON
cashman, yonmon, sherry and 3 others like this.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 31-07-2018, 18:06   #797
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
Think he has the game to do well Cashy,no substitute for pace at that level and he’s fast !!
Agree entirely just thought we could a got a bit more to be honest.
Old 31-07-2018, 18:32   #798
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom D View Post
Better investment than being wasted on agents fees.

But shouldn't it be spent on bolstering the squad ? Maybe another of Andy's tongue in cheek comments.
I'm sure Janoi's agent has been suitably remunerated by Ipswich.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2018, 18:40   #799

The Don was indeed a great player and played the game in the right spirit. Ipswich have a bargain.

Still, it's a decent amount of cash for Stanley and the manner in which he has come in, improved and been graciously sold is another advert for young players wanting to improve their careers with Coley and Holt.

Will Richards Everton or Harvey get the chance to replace him? Could they do it or do we need a natural left back?
DAV007 likes this.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2018, 18:42   #800
Senior Member+

If I was looking for a bargain,then I’d be looking at Toto !!
Best CB I saw in Div one last season and he seems to have curbed his temper !!!
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2018, 18:43   #801
God Member

Good luck to Janoi we got an excellent 2 seasons out of the lad my concern now is cover for left back Will Wood is left footed as his Ben Everton but are either a natural full back maybe Coley as his eye on someone also still no sign of a second keeper.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2018, 18:43   #802
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

If Toto has curbed his temper he would make a damn good CB in my view.
Old 31-07-2018, 18:50   #803
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury View Post
The Don was indeed a great player and played the game in the right spirit. Ipswich have a bargain.

Still, it's a decent amount of cash for Stanley and the manner in which he has come in, improved and been graciously sold is another advert for young players wanting to improve their careers with Coley and Holt.
Spot on

Come and play for Stanley, give your all, improve, achieve and we won’t stand in your way
monkey hanger likes this.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2018, 19:11   #804
God Member

Good luck, Janoi, and thanks for your efforts with Stanley.
Probably not quite ready for League 1 (but what do I know?) but I recall Mr. Wood came in as a left back.

Last edited by Exile on Spencer St; 31-07-2018 at 19:14.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2018, 21:10   #805
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
............I recall Mr. Wood came in as a left back.
Yes Exile....
Will Wood played against a Rovers XI on Saturday and along with the rest of our boys he did pretty well especially in the first half. . Less so in the second half but the Rovers lads did put us under more pressure as we tried out more fringe players via substitutions. I do remember Janoi's first match for us was not too good but look how he has developed! Yes, Will looks to be a true left footed player and could be the answer to fill in the Number 3 spot.
Let's put our trust in John, Jimmy and Andy.
COME ON STANLEY
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2018, 21:46   #806

I'm not convinced we need to spend large sums of money bolstering the squad. English football is saturated with young former academy players who have been unlucky or lost their way a bit. We have proven time and again that they can thrive at Stanley, I would be looking at this group rather than anyone else.

We did go for a long period without paying any agents fees. Something to aim for.
monkey hanger likes this.
Tom D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 08:58   #807
God Member

[QUOTE=Tom D;1215347. English football is saturated with young former academy players who have been unlucky or lost their way a bit. We have proven time and again that they can thrive at Stanley, I would be looking at this group rather than anyone

we have gone down this road for the last few seasons and it has worked. prefer this than throwing money at one player who might or might not come off. plenty of clubs have tried the latter approach and for some have lost their league status.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 09:33   #808
Senior Member+

Agreed ...... but we’re leaving it very late.
You will recall a very talented young group of Everton players coming to the Wham.
Derek Adams at Plymouth has taken 4 of them.
Hopefully Colts had his targets all along and there will be a flurry of activity soon. Just wish any arrivals could have been part of pre season.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 09:53   #809

Will be very surprised if we don't have any loan players. Can't remember the last season that happened.

Would be great if we could secure Dunne on loan again, but suspect will be sat on bench at burnley with them only having 3 central defenders available.
choirboy likes this.
Tom D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 10:15   #810
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
Hopefully Colts had his targets all along and there will be a flurry of activity soon. Just wish any arrivals could have been part of pre season.
think there will be but he cannot have done it until the ink dried. pity things did not go through a few weeks earlier buts thats life i suppose.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..