Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree685Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2018, 11:42   #886
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Signings

All those not happy with Mangan signing are showing little faith in our management team as far as i'm concerned, think with what they have achieved for us thats very poor.they have brought some damn good players into the club oer the years, more good than poor i would suggest.
DAV007 and keep the faith like this.
Old 09-08-2018, 11:46   #887
Senior Member+

Mangy has great football league experience that could be invaluable for players like Zanzala, Andrew Scott and Niall Watson!
Old 09-08-2018, 12:25   #888

Is it worth a BET, he gets into double figures for goals.
Old 09-08-2018, 12:43   #889
Full Member+

While I’m not over the moon about Mangan signing, he does have experience in this league and that counts for something. I’m sure he’ll be ready as he’s trained with us all summer. I do hope that Coley gives Zanzala a chance though, as he looks promising to me.
accytom18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 12:49   #890
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
All those not happy with Mangan signing are showing little faith in our management team as far as i'm concerned, think with what they have achieved for us thats very poor.they have brought some damn good players into the club oer the years, more good than poor i would suggest.
Everyone's entitled to their opinion Cashy, can't blame anyone for erring on the side of caution about this signing - if he proves us wrong, fine & for everyone's sake I hope he does, but personally I can't help having doubts.
Obviously, when he's on the pitch in a Stanley shirt those niggly thoughts will be put aside & he'll have my full support but the jury is definitely out as yet.
monkey hanger likes this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 13:35   #891
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Of coarse everyones entitled to their opinion, I aint blaming anyone i'm just giving mine, I find it very strange,after a guy has been training with us, and our management thinks yeh he will do, people think he may not, it just beats the crap outa me.
Old 09-08-2018, 13:49   #892

is it a bit like when the management show faith in a current player who might be experiencing a slight loss of form and other people don't show that same faith?

maybe like, say, when that player is Sean McConville?
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 14:13   #893
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury View Post
is it a bit like when the management show faith in a current player who might be experiencing a slight loss of form and other people don't show that same faith?

maybe like, say, when that player is Sean McConville?
Not really, S,M. has improved in leaps and bounds, when before he was not too good for many many times.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 09-08-2018, 16:59   #894
Senior Member+

Can the club sign free transfers after the window?

A good few keepers currently without a club, and with most clubs now stocked up with keepers they may have more realistic wage demands.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 17:14   #895
God Member

We have a keeper!! Season long loan from Middlesbrough - 25 year old Connor Ripley, welcome to Stanley young man

Phew!! That was close
choirboy likes this.
Old 09-08-2018, 17:15   #896
God Member

We've only gone and signed a keeper!

Connor Ripley on loan from Middlesborough
choirboy likes this.
Old 09-08-2018, 17:17   #897
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Thats a bit of good news.
Old 09-08-2018, 17:27   #898
God Member

He's the son of Stuart Ripley who used to play for Rovers apparently - bit of useless trivia
Old 09-08-2018, 17:53   #899
Senior Member+

Been loaned out to seven clubs in last 6 seasons. Played 15 games for Bury last season. I’ll check with my mate a staunch Bury fan what he thought.
Wish his dad was a few years younger .........and available !
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 18:01   #900
Senior Member+

There were few dull moments when Andy was at Shrewsbury especially his FA Cup goals.
However that was League 2 2015-16.
He was used a lot back then as a sub - impact player.
We don’t do that here so the plan must be to start him.
Fingers crossed ........
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..