Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree39Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-03-2019, 17:33   #16
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Re: Sky Blues Match Thread

long hard spring coming up and not out of winter yet
Old 02-03-2019, 18:03   #17
Senior Member+

To quote the Match Report on t'fishy....

"And Offrande Zanzala came on with 10 minutes to go as the Reds went all-out for the equaliser ".

Now as you know I am not one to criticise genuine efforts to acquaint me with all things ' STANLEY '.. But I really cannot abide it when people try to pull the wool over my eyes !.

Could I though be the only one to miss this reported feature towards the end of the Match and did I miss seeing the Reds actually going all out ?.. seemed to me that they had all gone out after the first quarter of the game !.

Once again our midfield was totally dominated by a very left-sided Coventry City, our much vaunted wide-men were completely bossed by their respective full backs, Billy looked like a man ready for a good rest, and no wonder after he has worked his socks off for weeks now with little support, and our unprotected defence were overworked to a point where they found the task of holdding the Coventry forwards almost too difficult to attain..

Was today then yet another 'blip '... we can hope so, and look forward to better things as the Reds take on a Blackpool team who must be seriously looking for a return to form after their last two calamities !.

ON STANLEY !... ON TO EVEN GREATER THINGS !!.
KiTChener and choirboy like this.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 18:19   #18

My overriding emotion watching the game today was boredom. Gave serious consideration to leaving early as I really wasn't having a fun time. The game plan surely can't have been to punt the ball up the pitch like we did for nearly the entire second half. Yet didn't see a reaction from the bench to try and change this. If it was the plan, why did we bother bringing on brown - so he watch the ball sail aimlessly over his head?! Unsure whether the 100 mile round trip will be worth it on Tuesday.

If you can't tell, I'm very disappointed
KiTChener likes this.
Tom D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 18:27   #19
God Member

Thought the first half was pretty even, neither side creating much & looked like the game had nil - nil written all over it.
To my mind, their goal shouldn't have stood as our player (Barlaser I think) was felled to the ground by a blatant foul on their way through but Mr. I. M. Wright thought otherwise.
Second half wasn't good, two sides just cancelling each other out in the main although they were quicker than us at times. Good save by Evtimov near the end to stop the scoreline from flattering Coventry even more.
Good luck to them in their fight to stay in business - thought the banner was good at start of the game.
KiTChener, choirboy and chevyfire like this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 19:46   #20
Senior Member+

Was the extended journey sat in the traffic on the M66 worth it ?
A resounding no.
Least said the better.
On to the next one.
Lord Didsbury likes this.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 20:13   #21

Even first half, we had are best spell first 15 minutes. we showed some nice intricate passing at times.Second half we worryingly showed nothing going forward and Coventry did enough to earn the win. I like Smyth's pace but it made us go too direct at times rather than usual are wingers. I too think we lack in central midfielder but don't know the answer. Tonight it feels like it will be battle to Scramble the necessary points to stay up. But let's not forget to do this would be a good achievement for our club in its first season in around 60 years back in the 3rd tier.

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk
KiTChener, cashman and choirboy like this.
chevyfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 20:25   #22

Poor marking again from the Dom for the goal didn't make an effort to put in a tackle same at Sunderland how many more times.?
Old 02-03-2019, 21:05   #23

Yup, sadly it was ****e today.
Can’t ever recall a match where we had zero chances (I missed the first 12 mins due to traffic). It wasn’t helped by the number of times our players were shoved in the back. Yes, the ref gave fouls every time but I think Stanley play for those fouls too much.

Passing was poor, our best players (Finley and Clark) couldn’t get into the game.
Think Zanzala for Smyth may have been a better option. Armstrong looks very ordinary to me.

Who got MOTM? A tough one that. I thought Johnson looked very good at times, but aware that late on we got opened up a lot on his side.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 07:41   #24

I have just checked up 3 wins in the last 19 league games (since Peterborough away in october) shows the scale of the task ahead in getting the 12/15 points required for survival!

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk
chevyfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 09:12   #25
God Member

A quick comment on the state of the pitch yesterday it was awful now I know the club are doing their best to secure King George's on a lease so as to have a training base sonner this happens the better I believe the lads had to train on the pitch 3 times last week and all that money spent on it seems such a shame and it doesn't help our style of passing game.I am sure we will stay up but lets hope the training facilities are sorted sooner rather than later then our surface can stay at it's best.
choirboy likes this.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 10:18   #26
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury View Post
Yup, sadly it was ****e today.
Can’t ever recall a match where we had zero chances (I missed the first 12 mins due to traffic). It wasn’t helped by the number of times our players were shoved in the back. Yes, the ref gave fouls every time but I think Stanley play for those fouls too much.

Passing was poor, our best players (Finley and Clark) couldn’t get into the game.
Think Zanzala for Smyth may have been a better option. Armstrong looks very ordinary to me.

Who got MOTM? A tough one that. I thought Johnson looked very good at times, but aware that late on we got opened up a lot on his side.

Janoi ......... dont know how but having said that who else ?
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 10:44   #27
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Have just listened to J,Cs after game video, and cannot agree! is it not sensible the fact we need points and were home, that we should start with more attackers going for broke? i would think so. putting em on late is way too dodgy in my view.
Old 03-03-2019, 11:05   #28

I'm afraid he's a very stubborn man but it might be his downfall. Looking at our run in hard to find where we will pick up points.
Old 03-03-2019, 11:24   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Have just listened to J,Cs after game video, and cannot agree! is it not sensible the fact we need points and were home, that we should start with more attackers going for broke? i would think so. putting em on late is way too dodgy in my view.
Can I ask, who and what formation would you have started with yesterday then?
I actually thought the starting 11 yesterday was more attacking than recent weeks.
ASFC1019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 11:50   #30
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASFC1019 View Post
Can I ask, who and what formation would you have started with yesterday then?
I actually thought the starting 11 yesterday was more attacking than recent weeks.
Personally would have started with a big lad assisting billy up front, it would be more beneficial in my view, then at half time would defo have brought another attacker on, cos after first 10 mins or so we never looked like scoring.its points we need and should use the best way to get em.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..