Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2009, 16:14   #256

Re: Sky news players charged bury game

IMHO innocent until proven guilty . nothing has been proved yet as far as im aware.
sausage butty is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-04-2009, 16:45   #257
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sausage butty View Post
IMHO innocent until proven guilty . nothing has been proved yet as far as im aware.
i must have missed summat here,its not about innocent or guilty, its about suspension with pay until the whole sorry thing is sorted. the point seems to have gone oer yer head completely.
Old 10-04-2009, 17:02   #258
Senior Member+

How come they had two days off?

The Harder The Conflict, The More Glorious The Triumph

MCR ADIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 17:33   #259

Vote with your feet and therefore your wallets.

Whilst these 2 play, hit Em where it hurts. Action speaks louder than words.

Silence is golden. On this issue the club has to listen.
Mr Matthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 18:13   #260
Senior Member+

Two players do not make a team! There is still another 9 other players who pull on thier shirts every game and try thier best on the pitch for the club! Whether they play or not! I am still going but thats because i want to go and support the players on the pitch and give my money to the club i love! I do not agree with what they have done but they still have not been found guilty over it. Why should the whole team get punished for something two players did! They shouldn't. If people want to stay away than so be it your way of showing how you feel! I respect you decision for staying away, just hope you enjoy watching the result come in through sky sports and not being at the FES when we play brillaintly and beat Chester.

Old 10-04-2009, 18:22   #261
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Matthew View Post
Vote with your feet and therefore your wallets.

Whilst these 2 play, hit Em where it hurts. Action speaks louder than words.

Silence is golden. On this issue the club has to listen.
With a limited amount of man power that JC can call on,perhapes its a case of safty first ie get a result at Grimsby and hope that chester make a draw and know that we are safe and then leve cav n rocky out to until the verdict is known,with playing the two at grimsby it might work to our advantage in some ways
Old 10-04-2009, 18:37   #262

So why punish the whole team when Mullin decides to go to Bradford.

My point is if the club don't listen MAKE THEM. In my opinion it is that serious. Don't play them for the good of the game.

MAB, I'd rather lose than play them. We're not going down and have at least one ample replacment in Colin Murdock.

What message does it send out if we play them for one game and not for the other. Confusion that's what and a complete lack of any principles.
Mr Matthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 19:49   #263
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by madkev View Post
You must come to Cleethorpes.Willy's pub is waiting with your pints on the bar for you
Right, sod it. Been contemplating this in the pub for a few hours and decided that, although I think the club are totally wrong in not suspending the players until their innocence or guilt is proved, at the end of the day, it's OUR club, so I'm off to the seaside tomorrow.

Then again, might decide to register my protest by staying in Willy's bar all afternoon...I'll see how I feel tomorrow.
Old 10-04-2009, 19:54   #264
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Right, sod it. Been contemplating this in the pub for a few hours and decided that, although I think the club are totally wrong in not suspending the players until their innocence or guilt is proved, at the end of the day, it's OUR club, so I'm off to the seaside tomorrow.

Then again, might decide to register my protest by staying in Willy's bar all afternoon...I'll see how I feel tomorrow.
I've just been checking on this to and I wouldn't get back home until midnight, the trains are a joke.

It's the 40 minute wait at Salford Crescent at 10pm that puts me off.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly

Last edited by Bagpuss; 10-04-2009 at 20:01.
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 20:15   #265
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
I've just been checking on this to and I wouldn't get back home until midnight, the trains are a joke.

It's the 40 minute wait at Salford Crescent at 10pm that puts me off.
You could always get the 5.28 out of Cleethorpes - gets into Piccadilly at 20.02. Then get the X41 at 21.15 (I think...you'd have to check on that). OK, I know it's over an hour wait, but at least you can have a beer in Manc. Gets into Peel Street at 22.08. Just a thought.
Old 10-04-2009, 20:22   #266
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post

Agree with all you above thoughts,like you say though it's Stanley the club that matters in all of this.

Hope we can get the points tommorow so it will make your journey and your beer taste a hundred times better
Old 10-04-2009, 20:24   #267
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
i must have missed summat here,its not about innocent or guilty, its about suspension with pay until the whole sorry thing is sorted. the point seems to have gone oer yer head completely.
I suppose what they have been accused of is gross misconduct. In any other employment they would have been suspended on full pay pending an investigation. It is possible that even if they are found guilty and dismissed they may have a case against the club for not following proper procedure. Would be rather upsetting if they ended up guilty, sacked and received compensation from the club.

I have seen it happen before
Old 10-04-2009, 20:36   #268
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by madkev View Post
Hope we can get the points tommorow so it will make your journey and your beer taste a hundred times better
Sure hope so, Kev. As HR said somewhere way back in this thread, Gutted, disappointed, but Stanley 'til I die!
Old 10-04-2009, 21:10   #269
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
I suppose what they have been accused of is gross misconduct. In any other employment they would have been suspended on full pay pending an investigation. It is possible that even if they are found guilty and dismissed they may have a case against the club for not following proper procedure. Would be rather upsetting if they ended up guilty, sacked and received compensation from the club.

I think thats why they have not done anything yet!

Old 10-04-2009, 21:18   #270
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR ADIM View Post
I think thats why they have not done anything yet!
i think yer reading what Neils saying wrongly MCR.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..