Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-07-2009, 09:53   #511
God Member

Re: Sky news players charged bury game

banned for a year
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-07-2009, 09:57   #512
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
banned for a year
Here's a more useful link

TheFA.com - FA statement

Cav's case to be heard at a later date.
Old 22-07-2009, 10:05   #513
Senior Member+

There seems to be a sliding scale operating here, with £5k = a 12 month ban, £4k = 10, £3½k = 8 etc. I remember that there was something else that Cav was being charged with but, at this rate, he may escape with a fine and a slap on the wrist.
MikeA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2009, 10:09   #514
Senior Member+

At the fans' forum, Coley said that Cav had also been charged with another betting incident, where he'd bet on Stanley to win.
Old 22-07-2009, 12:30   #515
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by petegibbons View Post
Sorry Bud, i don't know how to edit my post. It should of read:
Where did you get your information from? Obviously not a very reliable source.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2009, 12:59   #516
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
At the fans' forum, Coley said that Cav had also been charged with another betting incident, where he'd bet on Stanley to win.
He backed Stanley to beat Dagenham but it was a draw. Even if Cav only gets a slap on the wrist, if he is found guilty he will have to go. The Club promised if any player was found guilty they would be sacked. If they go back on this promise a lot of supporters, sponsors and possible investors could lose faith in them
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2009, 17:33   #517
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF View Post
He backed Stanley to beat Dagenham but it was a draw. Even if Cav only gets a slap on the wrist, if he is found guilty he will have to go. The Club promised if any player was found guilty they would be sacked. If they go back on this promise a lot of supporters, sponsors and possible investors could lose faith in them
Careful, Jeff - don't provoke the Cav appeasers into action.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2009, 19:13   #518
God Member

if he does get found guilty the new owners will get rid thats a fact.
Old 24-07-2009, 09:13   #519
Senior Member+

Williams was a trialist in their home defeat v Morecambe according to this

Former Southport FC player Robert Williams banned in Accrington Stanley betting scandal - Southport Visiter

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2009, 12:10   #520
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
if he does get found guilty the new owners will get rid thats a fact.
I for one very much hope not.
Crikey, that must make me an "appeaser".
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2009, 17:51   #521
Senior Member+

I think the club should get rid of Cav, I rate him as a right back at this level, but he lied to the club about the betting incident.
He is also attached to the scandal and we must start a fresh.

The person who comes out worst through this whole ordeal is Coleman. He trusted these players; he has brought a lot of them on in their careers and has defended them when their performances have been questionable.
For the players to lie to him about such a serious issue makes you question weather or not the respect and loyalty was there in return (or alternatively, Coleman was covering it up which opens a whole new can of worms).
I hope Coleman has learnt from this, his loyalty while admirable has left him wanting in return.
It makes Rockys comments to the press before the verdict about 'being let down by the club after 10 years' a laughing stock. The guy clearly doesn’t understand the serious nature of his offence and the way he has destroyed any credibility he has had with Accrington fans.
In the future it will be Williams who?
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2009, 21:40   #522
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
The person who comes out worst through this whole ordeal is Coleman. He trusted these players; he has brought a lot of them on in their careers and has defended them when their performances have been questionable.
For the players to lie to him about such a serious issue makes you question weather or not the respect and loyalty was there in return (or alternatively, Coleman was covering it up which opens a whole new can of worms).
Sorry? I agree the players demonstrated lack of loyalty, but by putting the bets on, not by lying (what lies when?) But why does that make JC come out "worst"? To trust someone is worse than to breach someone's trust in you? By that logic, if your wife cheats on you that makes you worse than her!

(And I'm still waiting for the FA's ruling on Cav, even if that makes me an appeaser )
Old 25-07-2009, 00:06   #523
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
..... The person who comes out worst through this whole ordeal is Coleman...
As a fellow scouser, and former Evertonian, like yourself, DAV007, can I just say you've always talked through your arse, and no more so than on this occasion.

Coley has had a lot to put up with over the last couple of years, I think keeping his head down and producing the best team he's capable of, given the circumstances, is all he could do.

And he's whet every Stanley fans appetite for the forthcoming season.

So Dave 007, why don't you do one, wouldn't be the first time.

Now it’s out in the open, there are no secrets at the club.
Oggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2009, 08:38   #524
God Member

sorry guys I think the post has been misinterpreted. I thought the post intended to read that Coley had suffered the most through this and for this I would kinda agree.

When you go to work everyday and you run a set up such as ours, the camaraderie is one of the few things that you have. When somebody abuses that camaraderie the trust is gone. Whatever Coley may or may not be in terms of coaching ability we all know that he is the kind of guy that expects a lot from limited players, he coaxes them to produce more than perhaps they are able to give, and he does this by providing an enjoyable workplace. Somebody like Williams will have been a friend as well as an employee for the best part of ten years - and I would imagine that it felt like a partner being unfaithful.

I don't think that he meant that Coley comes out of it looking bad
Old 25-07-2009, 08:47   #525
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
sorry guys I think the post has been misinterpreted. I thought the post intended to read that Coley had suffered the most through this and for this I would kinda agree.

I don't think that he meant that Coley comes out of it looking bad
Certainly agree with Macca that JC suffered worst and if that's what DAV007 meant, I retract gracefully ...... not how I read it though.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..