Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2009, 11:41   #541
Resting In Peace

Re: Sky news players charged bury game

Cavanagh may stay even if found guilty

Cavanagh may stay at Accrington Stanley if guilty (From This Is Lancashire)
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 07-08-2009, 12:31   #542
God Member

Bavs & Bobby both given 18 week prison sentences suspended for 12 months & 150 hours community service - how can they be guilty when Gerrard was proclaimed innocent??
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 12:33   #543
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF View Post
i read that, aint acceptable to me if that happens, very slippery slope to go down.
Old 07-08-2009, 12:35   #544
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Bavs & Bobby both given 18 week prison sentences suspended for 12 months & 150 hours community service - how can they be guilty when Gerrard was proclaimed innocent??
Because they pleaded guilty
Old 07-08-2009, 13:12   #545
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabeast View Post
Because they pleaded guilty
Yes, I know they did - and rightly so - but still think they have taken the rap for Steven Gerrard because he had the expensive lawyers who were able to get him off the charge. They were all involved and should all have been treated equally.
Old 07-08-2009, 13:19   #546
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Yes, I know they did - and rightly so - but still think they have taken the rap for Steven Gerrard because he had the expensive lawyers who were able to get him off the charge. They were all involved and should all have been treated equally.
No, Gerrard pleaded NOT GUILTY, was tried and found NOT GUILTY, if the others had done the same they might have been found NOT GUILTY.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 13:31   #547
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

guilty or not it was not the incident shown on cctv on telly it was for an incident wi the guy just after, so if ya plead guilty wi no film evidence that makes ya a dummy in my eyes.
Old 07-08-2009, 13:34   #548
God Member

No need to put some words in capitals - I'm not stupid, I know Gerrard pleaded not guilty. What I meant was they should all (including Gerrard) have made the same plea - as it showed in the cctv footage that they were all involved - and all been treated the same.
Old 07-08-2009, 13:35   #549
Accy Red

Nobody on accyweb was at court and heard all the evidence, we don't know if there were witnesses who were not needed that could have given evidence against the two Stanley lads.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Old 07-08-2009, 13:39   #550
Accy Red

Quote:
No need to put some words in capitals - I'm not stupid, I know Gerrard pleaded not guilty. What I meant was they should all (including Gerrard) have made the same plea - as it showed in the cctv footage that they were all involved - and all been treated the same.
Sorry for the capitals but some people don't listen, not you.
For the record there was more than one incident and not all involved Gerrard.

Old 07-08-2009, 13:52   #551
Senior Member+

If everyone pleaded not guilty do you think that Gerrard would have got away scott free?

Obviously bunged them a couple of notes to plead guilty.
Nickelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 14:49   #552
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
Nobody on accyweb was at court and heard all the evidence, we don't know if there were witnesses who were not needed that could have given evidence against the two Stanley lads.
irrelevant baggy witnesses can be discredited in some cases, which then helps the defendant. ya gotta be in it to win it. shoulda pleaded not guilty.
Old 07-08-2009, 18:28   #553
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
No, Gerrard pleaded NOT GUILTY, was tried and found NOT GUILTY, if the others had done the same they might have been found NOT GUILTY.
Is that just to you?
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 18:38   #554
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
Is that just to you?
It is not at all just to me, but thats why lawyers make money......

.....as others have said we weren't there but we all saw the video of Gerrard.....and we will all have our own opinion on guilt or otherwise

What we can't say is what Bavs and Bobby did or didn't do. I would add that at least they did have the balls to hold their hands up and say yes I did it (whatever their reasons for doing so). They have been punished accordingly (??harshly??) for being 'in the public eye'.
Old 07-08-2009, 18:47   #555
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

i don't think its harsh dabeast, i think its just about right, theres decent folk in bars when these things kick off n things like that ruin the night fer some, don't think a custodial would have been fair, but a "Bender" says if ya kick off again ya get bounced.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..