Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2009, 22:17   #571
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Sky news players charged bury game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
Yes, Rob Hays confirmed it earlier tonight on the radio. I thought I'd made it clear.
cheers T.M. if ya did i missed it.
Old 07-08-2009, 22:31   #572
God Member

just found this Accrington Stanley captain banned after betting on his team | Football | guardian.co.uk

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 22:37   #573
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

ta red, hope yer feeling better.
Old 07-08-2009, 22:39   #574
God Member

yes ta cashy...that report only shows a £3,500 fine, in fact it says he's got exactly the same as robbie williams as in fine and ban, I think the difference with cav was although his bets were supposedly small it happened on more than one occasion

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 22:39   #575
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by harwood red View Post
According to this, the fine is £3,500, not £14,000. It also seems that they other four are likely to appeal, as might Cav. Meanwhile, does anyone know what happened with Leighton McGivern?
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 22:42   #576

They are making examples of the lot of them...........bans will be reduced on appeal but not to nothing!!

Am I right in saying Cav and Jay Harris played in the game..??? If thats the case they are very lucky its not much much worse!!!
jiffy bag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 22:53   #577
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

doubt very much if they will be reduced on appeal jiffy bag, more chance of em being elongated, i think they will be upheld,end of.
Old 08-08-2009, 05:55   #578
Senior Member+

Now that it's all be decided, I think it's time to draw a line under the whole affair. It's been a horrible year or so for Stanley and the club are obviously keen to wipe the slate clean and start afresh (see official site).
I agree with that. It is a new start and we can all pull together to make sure that this one doesn't go off the rails.
Old 08-08-2009, 08:22   #579
God Member

Smile Re: Sky news players charged bury game

Well said that man!! Onward and upwards from here on in, lets look to the future and not the past.

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 08:51   #580
Senior Member+

Had more on this but Harwood beat me to it.

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 09:26   #581
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukcowboy View Post
......I think His position is untenable and as His contract has expired He should leave quietly.

However much we might not agree,rules are rules.
I'm with you Pete, he should leave the club now and never darken the doors again. Sorry to those who think he should stay, but that gives the message that cheats prosper, which in this case, I don't think he should. It's his own fault, he got caught. Now lets draw the line under the whole affair and look forward to a new season with hope and and determination to show the world what a great club Accrington Stanley is.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 13:58   #582
God Member

I'm absolutely devastated. Can't enjoy the match today, glad we're not at home.
As with Coley, Cav still has my full support.

I'm staying in complete and utter denial until there's official word from the club / the FA.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 14:08   #583
God Member

they are liabilties if they are proven to have bet in a game they played remember that guy in the sixties who got a life ban. no sponsor in their right mind will touch stanley until they have gone in fact how can you encourage people to go and watch stanley with this hanging over the club sorry but anybody who is found guilty should never be allowed to wear the stanley colours again there is too much sweeping under the carpet nobody will be encouraged to go and watch stanley when there is a doubt like this hanging over the club. if anybody at stanley was/is found guilty they should be sacked straight away any body else in their job found guilty of gross misconduct would be
Old 08-08-2009, 14:53   #584

Cavanagh has been found guilty & should go! Time to start season with a clean slate & optimism, we have a lot to look forward too, hopefully we will get an official statement soon that he's gone.
Preston Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 15:08   #585
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

just been on 2br, club cannot give statement until official notification from F.A. all they have is media report at the moment, shaker its time to draw a line under this crap, to say ya can't enjoy todays game cos of it is nuts, i can enjoy it better knowing those who made bets have been dealt with.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..