Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2009, 13:22   #601

Re: Sky news players charged bury game

TheFA.com - Regulatory Commission Statement
Old 10-08-2009, 13:31   #602
Senior Member+

Accrington Stanley assistant hits out at Cavanagh ban (From Lancashire Telegraph)

Makes a good read

The Harder The Conflict, The More Glorious The Triumph

MCR ADIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 14:01   #603
Senior Member+

I am sorry to say, if Cav is guilty after appeal then he must leave the club and not be retained. However, if he can prove that the bets placed were not by him, then good luck to him and i for one will welcome him back. But, the message put out by our esteemed assistant manager is totally wrong! Have sympathy yes, but don't put it in the press, it sends out the wrong signals.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 14:59   #604
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

i would hope he can prove it was not him, but think club management should have kept stumm, moral support privatly is one thing, putting in media another, agree wi outback.
Old 10-08-2009, 15:01   #605
Senior Member+

According to the LET report, Jimmy Bell reckons "it's been his (Cav's) livelihood since 10 years of age". Looks like he's been playing truant from school, then, too.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 15:03   #606
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
i would hope he can prove it was not him, but think club management should have kept stumm, moral support privatly is one thing, putting in media another, agree wi outback.
Absolutely correct.

We still await the outcome of the club's internal enquiryinto this matter.
Old 10-08-2009, 15:13   #607
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
Absolutely correct.

We still await the outcome of the club's internal enquiryinto this matter.
If JB's comments are anything to go by,then I think we can all guess what the outcome will be!

Without meaning to upset anyone, I believe that the club should disassociate itself from the whole sorry affair without delay.

If, after appeal, the charges are dropped,then yes by all means rethink, but for now the club cannot afford any more negative publicity.

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 15:23   #608
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukcowboy View Post
If JB's comments are anything to go by,then I think we can all guess what the outcome will be!

Without meaning to upset anyone, I believe that the club should disassociate itself from the whole sorry affair without delay.

If, after appeal, the charges are dropped,then yes by all means rethink, but for now the club cannot afford any more negative publicity.
exactly what concerns me, is how would any prospective sponsers (of which the club DO NEED) view these comments?
Old 10-08-2009, 15:23   #609
God Member

"Cavanagh is understood to have paid £4,500 for a voice recognition test in an attempt to prove that his brother – not him – had placed the accumulator via telephone, which would not have broken any rules."

Why would he bother if he was guilty?

I'm glad Coley and Jimmy have come out and given their full support to Cav. He'll get my support until he hangs up his career on his own terms. Hopefully after many more games for Stanley.
With the things Cav has gone through while giving his all for Stanley over his career, he deserves every bit of loyalty from his bosses.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 15:40   #610
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

ya can give support without talking to the media shaker, do ya still not "Get It"?
Old 10-08-2009, 15:50   #611
God Member

I completely understand the point about publicity. Doesn't mean I have to agree with it, though.

Aiming for good Google Page Ranking in all quarters is a fool's errand for our club. The media will never be interested in showing our debt ridden, TV advert joke of a club in a positive light unless it's with on-the-field success. Even then they do it through gritted teeth. I think the public show of loyalty and support is more than deserved.

Last edited by shakermaker; 10-08-2009 at 15:52.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 15:53   #612
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

good Google Page Ranking is no fools errand when yer seeking new sponsers IMHO.
Old 10-08-2009, 15:58   #613
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
"Cavanagh is understood to have paid £4,500 for a voice recognition test in an attempt to prove that his brother – not him – had placed the accumulator via telephone, which would not have broken any rules."

Because it would be a comparatively easy way to conceal his guilt. Guilty people try all kinds of tricks to conceal guilt.

I agree with ukcowboy. The club really should draw a line under the whole sorry episode. Furthermore, they should ban Jimmy Bell from making any further statements on ANY matter relating to Accrington Stanley. His record on public utterances is less than impressive.
Old 10-08-2009, 16:00   #614
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post

What about the other bets ?

Quote:
Cavanagh had been charged with placing a £5 accumulator that included betting on Stanley to lose at home to Bury in May 2008, as well as betting on a Reds match during the 2008/09 season and further League Two games.
He has been found guilty and sentenced. If his appeal is not successfull he will miss all of this season and he shouldn't be seen in a Stanley shirt again. If his appeal is successfull and he is subsequently found not guilty then I would welcome him back.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 16:04   #615

Question Re: Sky news players charged bury game

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF View Post
He has been found guilty and sentenced. If his appeal is not successfull he will miss all of this season and he shouldn't be seen in a Stanley shirt again. If his appeal is successfull and he is subsequently found not guilty then I would welcome him back.
I agree completely Jeff - the question is what happens until the appeal?
He cant play?

Jimbo T blower

Born and Bred in Accrington - You cant BUY class

"We invented the big time now we're back in the big time" ( Loweiy circa 2006 )

AND THATS WHERE WE'RE STAYIN!!!!
Jimbo T Hornblower is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..