Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-04-2009, 22:02   #91
K-P

Re: Sky news players charged bury game

Quote:
Originally Posted by afrikaaner View Post
If the worst case scenario came into it and the league decided to dock points,(sincerely hope not) and they could depending on what the outcome is
No they cant.. dont know where you get that from mate but the club is not in danger of losing points.. no matter what the outcome is. thank goodness I was always under the impression that the club would be in trouble for all this.. I was very happy to find out I am wrong and the club will not suffer through any penalties or anything by the league.
Old 07-04-2009, 22:12   #92
God Member

Cav and Rockie should be suspended now until the hearing

Anyone found guilty sacked on the spot...

No other options surely???
Old 07-04-2009, 22:14   #93

This is just the tip of the iceberg it's only since computerised betting that the bookies have been able to spot this scam, if six players send ten mates each into betting shops throughout the country it's very hard to spot. Their mobile phone records would make very interesting reading, whatever the outcome it's a kick in the teeth for the fans who turn up week in, week out in all weathers. I wouldn't watch a football match if you paid me but I feel so sorry and angry for the supporters
wadey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 22:16   #94
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR ADIM View Post
In reply to yonmon's post
When we play chester, will Mannix be playing as since the incident where he was in hospital he has told he can leave the club but he has been playing a couple of games! and Harris is in hospital with meningitis.
Thanks for the info !...but did you get my drift ?.
( And as more and more 'truths' unfold, I don't feel one bit better !!)...
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 22:18   #95
God Member

Posted via Mobile Device. Agree with ya there timmins that should be suspended pending further investigation has been dealt with, as any employee would have to adhere to & proven guilty final red card from the club, spot on.
Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 22:19   #96
Senior Member+

I've just reread the BBC report of the Bury match. It ends with 'substitute Leighton McGivern scuffed a golden opportunity late on'.
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 22:22   #97
God Member

Posted via Mobile Device. Mind u im sure the fa will deal with them appropiately that it may be out of the clubs hands anyway.
Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 22:25   #98

I don't doubt for 1 second that the guys are guilty, and there's no smoke without fire.

But I was on a stag do that weekend and remember the odds being pretty amazing for Bury to win.

I would never bet on Stanley losing, but was very very tempted.

Bury were massively overpriced. Any idiot could have seen that.
Mr Matthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 22:27   #99
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Timmins View Post
Cav and Rockie should be suspended now until the hearing

Anyone found guilty sacked on the spot...

No other options surely???
spot on john, gives me no pleasure to say it but it should be no other way.
Old 07-04-2009, 22:27   #100
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redash View Post
I am absolutely gutted by this. Players from my team, betting against my team. The FA would not have released the names if they was any doubt of their guilt ( they would leave themselves open to all sorts of legal isues). I’m not bothered if it was £5 £50 or £500,000, the point is, they gambled on my team losing.
Now I think back how often has this betting against Stanley, by Stanley players, been going on.
Cavanagh is often romping forward and leaving the defence vulnerable on the counter attack, like last Saturday against Lincoln Phil had to move out to the right to cover for Cavanagh, leaving a massive hole in the centre for the Lincoln players to exploit. How many times has this happened? As the club captain he should set and lead by example. (I’m not saying the Lincoln match was dodgy, I’m just citing an example that will be fresh in the minds of others)
Williams and Harris, how many needless penalties, free kicks, and sending offs have they been involved with.
Was Mannix useless on purpose? Did Mangan keep running to the wing so he wouldn’t be in a scoring position?
I hope the FA ban them all from football stadiums for life. Never to play, never to manage and never to watch.
Totally agree with you Redash,looking back at saturdays game there first goal came from the right were cav was surpost to be!!bang goal .there 2nd goal came from a pass give away from rocky!! bang goal.. these two if guilty should be shown the DOOR and never be alloud to step foot any where near our club;completly gutted by this should be dropped suspended,
Old 07-04-2009, 22:28   #101
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
spot on john, gives me no pleasure to say it but it should be no other way.
Me too

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 22:29   #102
Senior Member+

But why where they overpriced! With us low in the league and them in 13th place and us 17th place! Surely they should be odd's to win
Football - League Two - Standing - Teams - 2007-2008 - 46th Day - Yahoo! Eurosport

The Harder The Conflict, The More Glorious The Triumph

Last edited by MCR ADIM; 07-04-2009 at 22:29. Reason: spelling
MCR ADIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 22:30   #103
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

last sats balls up was probably genuine mistakes, but in the light of all this, can't blame people fer wondering otherwise.
Old 07-04-2009, 22:33   #104
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR ADIM View Post
But why where they overpriced! With us low in the league and them in 13th place and us 17th place! Surely they should be odd's to win
Football - League Two - Standing - Teams - 2007-2008 - 46th Day - Yahoo! Eurosport
really MCR that is totally irrelevant all that matters is what the players are charged with doing.
Old 07-04-2009, 22:35   #105
Senior Member+

ok i was just saying but i agree with you! All that matters is what the players are charged with doing.

The Harder The Conflict, The More Glorious The Triumph

MCR ADIM is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..