Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-05-2015, 15:13   #1
I am Banned

Snake

In talks with Portsmouth, why leave a playoff chasing league 1 team for a mid table league 2 team.

Sky sources: Deal tabled for Chesterfield boss Cook to join Portsmouth | League 2 Football News | Football365
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-05-2015, 15:26   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Snake

Money i reckon, thats snake to a tee.
KiTChener and smobile like this.
Old 10-05-2015, 15:37   #3

Sense I reckon.

Portsmouth have the infrastructure to go up to the Premier League.

Chesterfield do not.

I don't get the hate for Cook - if he was an player who went on to better things we'd be wishing him well.
yerself, DAV007 and chevyfire like this.
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 15:40   #4
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Oh so truth is hate sam?
Old 10-05-2015, 15:56   #5
God Member

Now that Chesterfield have failed in their promotion bid I wouldn't be surprised to see Paul Cook move on, he may jump before he's pushed - I don't hate him, just don't have any time or respect for him & couldn't help a smirk this afternoon to see Preston demolish them with a 4 nil aggregate score
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 16:31   #6
Senior Member+

Good manager, wish him well
yerself and baldy like this.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 16:38   #7

Accy v portsmouth 1st home game of season that would be a bit tasty!
Plus a massive away following
stanley nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 18:22   #8
Senior Member+

According to the BBC the deal is done, with Leam possibly taking over at Chesterfield! They will both be back in league 2 before long then.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 18:40   #9
Senior Member+

Must admit I have always liked the way his teams play the game.
He's obviously mapped a route to get as far as he can up the managerial ladder as possible and have no problem with that.
I heard months ago that he would be the Wigan manager within two years (and that was before relegation !! ).
So Portsmouth will just be another stepping stone for me
baldy likes this.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 09:20   #10
God Member

gone up the financial ladder to fratton park. if they don't get play offs at least will slither away and check his bank account. not one who I would invite to dinner.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 15:19   #11

Confirmed - Portsmouth announce 'Cook is new manager.'
sherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 15:24   #12

Quote:-
Meanwhile, talks are ongoing with his assistant Leam Richardson about joining the Blues coaching team.
Read more at Portsmouth appoint Paul Cook as manager Pompey

Chesterfield have announced that Leam has also left the club.

Last edited by sherry; 12-05-2015 at 15:29.
sherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 15:42   #13
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Has Leam been got shut of? aint seen nowt to say hes joined snake? n was the reason he went Chesterfield to have less travel?
Old 12-05-2015, 17:15   #14
Senior Member+

Local radio down here has Pompey chairman saying Cook will be able to bring in the people he wants .... Leam was mentioned but nothing definite.

Also apparently Cook already knows which players he wants to keep, so looks like there must have been earlier contacts between him and the club, bit distracting when you might expect he'd have been focused on Chesterfield's playoff efforts ......
Old 12-05-2015, 17:38   #15
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimer View Post
Local radio down here has Pompey chairman saying Cook will be able to bring in the people he wants .... Leam was mentioned but nothing definite.

Also apparently Cook already knows which players he wants to keep, so looks like there must have been earlier contacts between him and the club, bit distracting when you might expect he'd have been focused on Chesterfield's playoff efforts ......
Sounds a familiar tale - not unusual for Cooky to have one eye on his next move whilst seeming to be still interested in the club who's paying his wages
smudgie and cashman like this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..