Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-08-2007, 19:38   #1
God Member

so far so good

OK it's only two games.. But look what we have done.. We beat wycombe away and we really should ahve took somehting from championship side leicester.. the second half we where easy the better team. It all bodes well and much better looking than the pre season friendlies..

We lost godwin but we got roberts.. man of the match already against higher opposition and anyone who made the trip to wycombe will know he performed the same there... two games and only one goal against (ok i know)

Two games in and for me looks good.. Last season at this point i stook by my prediction of a releagation battle that would go to 1 or 2 games left.. would be as exciting as winning the conf and we would stay up... i got it bob on.. Now I say.. mid table.. probably boring for some but a brilliant achievemnet in my book..

Hopefully we can have the missing good cup run... straight out of the carling but we still have the paint pot trophy.. a real chance of going all the way to wembley.. no reason why not ... and theres the fa cup... fingers crossed

And we still ahve the roof to lok forward to
Old 15-08-2007, 21:49   #2
God Member

Re: so far so good

your right kipax but i had a dream we reached wembley in the play-off final
Old 16-08-2007, 14:33   #3
Full Member+

This league cup thing is good.

much better beating PNE at Deepdale than tonking Lancaster 5-0 in the CO-OP Cup last season !
Morecambe_Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2007, 15:07   #4
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morecambe_Red View Post
This league cup thing is good.

much better beating PNE at Deepdale than tonking Lancaster 5-0 in the CO-OP Cup last season !
Aye - well done. Hope you can keep it up, apart from against us, of course.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2007, 17:55   #5
God Member

Yea, well done Morecambe. I remember last season when we beat Notts Forest in the first round of the carling cup, brilliant feeling as most of us had never thought we'd even play Forest let alone beat them. The Preston keeper's howler for Morecambe's winning goal will haunt him for many a while
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..