Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-04-2005, 06:48   #1

Sorry

No gloating from me.

It would have been brilliant if both North West teams could have got to the play-offs.

No chance that you guys will be wanting us to get the points we need at Tamvorth I suspect?

IF we don't make it, I'm sure that with our new additions already in the pipeline for next season and new defensive players at Stanley BOTH clubs will be in at the death next season.

Cheers!
Christies Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-04-2005, 08:04   #2
God Member

Re: Sorry

if you make it then I will be at morecambes playoff games (again) and will need to be rooting for someone
Old 20-04-2005, 10:26   #3
Full Member+

Good man Kippax. Wouldnt be much fun without friendly rivalry would it.
Morecambe_Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2005, 11:41   #4
Senior Member+

I would Rather Morecambe went up than Aldershot because you have waited long enough!!

But if you and Carlisle stay down the league will be richer for it

Loweiy
Old 20-04-2005, 22:53   #5

Sadly mate Carlisle will be the playoff winners but despite our banter this season, if you do get into the playoffs trust you will enjoy the experience. I base this purely on the fact that Carlisle are a football league team on a bad season & will bounce back up first time, albeit by the playoffs. Still we will look forward to your final annual visit to the Interlink next year & visiting Christy again once more, if only for the kind annual donation of six points to our tally (like this season). All the best lads.
Old 21-04-2005, 07:52   #6
Full Member+

it was only 3 points the year before thanks to Halford!! Where is he ??
Morecambe_Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2005, 09:59   #7
God Member

That's what we'd like to know - Steve was sent to Droylsden on loan till the end of the season, not sure if he'll be back with us next season but certainly hope he is.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2005, 11:01   #8

Question Re: Sorry

I back Hereford for the play offs....We should have won at Carlisle and we were robbed of a point at home to them. I don't like them but Aldershot are also a strong bet. Despite everything though, good luck to Morecambe if they make the play offs. (Did I really say that..?).
qualtrough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2005, 20:56   #9
Senior Member+

My personal favourite for promotion has got to be Hereford, however, i would like to see Morecambe do well in the play offs, and good luck to them. As nice as it would be, I would love to visit Christie Park when we are both league teams.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2005, 23:20   #10

Oh dear, Guess who will be visiting the Interlink again mext season with their usual donation of 3 points. Don't worry Christie, we have our plans in the pipeline for changes too, for a stronger Stanley team who will walk the Conference, although you are welcome to try out for the playoffs again
Old 24-04-2005, 09:21   #11

Smile Re: Sorry

......And is it not better to have thy dreams crushed early than to see them laid bare on the bloody killing fields of Tamworth! Lo, the lambs did not lie down on Broadway, nor in the fields, nor in the sickly confines of Kettlebrook Road. No, they appeared as roaring lions afore the hordes (well, one or two) of shrimpmen and muted cocklers. O` weary, dung-filled day and the Football League now a world away!
Old 24-04-2005, 12:46   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by qualtrough
......And is it not better to have thy dreams crushed early than to see them laid bare on the bloody killing fields of Tamworth! Lo, the lambs did not lie down on Broadway, nor in the fields, nor in the sickly confines of Kettlebrook Road. No, they appeared as roaring lions afore the hordes (well, one or two) of shrimpmen and muted cocklers. O` weary, dung-filled day and the Football League now a world away!

It hurts me to say this but 'Nice one' although you'll understand that I feel pretty cheesed at the mo!
Old 24-04-2005, 14:18   #13

Smile Re: Sorry

A real downer for sure but the Conference needs you (and we need the six points!)
Old 24-04-2005, 15:42   #14

Unhappy Re: Sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christies Child
It hurts me to say this but 'Nice one' although you'll understand that I feel pretty cheesed at the mo!
Now you know exactly how we all felt two weeks ago... Not nice is it????

Jimbo T blower

Born and Bred in Accrington - You cant BUY class

"We invented the big time now we're back in the big time" ( Loweiy circa 2006 )

AND THATS WHERE WE'RE STAYIN!!!!
Jimbo T Hornblower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2005, 21:22   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo T Hornblower
Now you know exactly how we all felt two weeks ago... Not nice is it????

Jimbo T blower
No mate it isn't especially when that sod at Boro got thru'. However I hoped you noted that there was no gloating from me at the time of your failure, just an honest wish that both clubs could have made it..

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..