Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree105Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-02-2016, 22:28   #31

Re: Sorry, Mr Burgess - still "tinpot"

Change, change, change, change.....where will it all end? Nobody likes it, except of course the change that's happened on the pitch this season.

Well, we will only know in a couple of seasons if the changes happening off the field of play will have had a positive effect....🤔....let's hope so....😁
cashman likes this.
Accrington Web
Old 25-02-2016, 22:48   #32
Full Member+

A lot of clubs issue you a ticket at the cash turnstile, I thought this was more the norm?

Sticking up for the MD he could argue that all adult £199 tickets are concession prices. The season ticket prices did come down quite a bit in 2103 didn't they? There are people with disabilities with very high paid jobs and they still can get DLA/PIPs as they are not means tested. A blanket reduction for someone with a disability makes no sense, but if visually impaired there would be logic for obvious reasons.

Equating the 'sick, disabled and unemployed' could offend some people.
baldy likes this.
Old 25-02-2016, 23:05   #33
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

How many times does it need saying before it actually sinks in? its sod all to do with money. baldys agreeing with yeh speaks volumes about anything sinking in.
Old 25-02-2016, 23:39   #34

Of course it's to do with money. If the price hadn't changed nobody would have said anything, if everyone was let in for free there would be no issue over the Flexi tickets/season tickets/concessions/anything to do with tickets.

Now has that sunk in, or will I need to repeat myself? Banter!
Old 26-02-2016, 00:02   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom D View Post
Of course it's to do with money. If the price hadn't changed nobody would have said anything, if everyone was let in for free there would be no issue over the Flexi tickets/season tickets/concessions/anything to do with tickets.

So tell us how the change will attract new fans then because that's what we have to do.

And if you think letting everyone in for nothing will fill the ground then thing again because it didn't the last time it was tried.

A sugar daddy will only last so long then reality bites so whats your master plan for self sufficiency or is that question too hard?
Old 26-02-2016, 02:18   #36
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldy View Post
People that are saying we should just be happy that adults are paying concession price is better than no money at all!, Absolute nonsense!...That's like you being a shopkeeper and saying it's better to sell a Mars Bar at 50% less than normal price than not at all, You're soon going to be out of business!

People are shooting down an idea before it's even been tested, Why not If after a few games you think it's not working then say something?
Yes but Stanley aren't selling perishable goods at half price when someone is willing to pay full price for them. They're selling empty spaces on the terrace that few want. If we sold out every match then letting them in for less than they're supposed to pay would be bad business,but ten quid is better than nothing for that usually empty space on the terrace.

Last edited by winstanley asfc; 26-02-2016 at 02:27. Reason: more words needed
Old 26-02-2016, 07:24   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeayess View Post
So tell us how the change will attract new fans then because that's what we have to do.

And if you think letting everyone in for nothing will fill the ground then thing again because it didn't the last time it was tried.

A sugar daddy will only last so long then reality bites so whats your master plan for self sufficiency or is that question too hard?
I don't think we should let everyone in for nothing, they should be charged an appropriate price. I was using the example to illustrate my point.

Changes to attract bigger attendances:

League 1 football - applicable to both home and away fans
Improved match day experience - including new facilities like the ones being proposed/built
Relatively cheap season ticket - for both the above 200 is reasonable. Most able to afford particularly if saved up over a year, or even a few months.
Fans not moaning at the slightest change - if I was a casual fan, reading some of the moaning seen on here would put me off, it drags the club down over something relatively insignicant e.g. Buying tickets 50 yards from where they usually do. If people can't cope with this 'massive upheaval', I'm surprised they can cope with anything.
Redraine likes this.
Old 26-02-2016, 08:48   #38
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:

Yeh keep making yerself look ridiculous,
Old 26-02-2016, 09:39   #39
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post
A lot of clubs issue you a ticket at the cash turnstile, I thought this was more the norm?

Sticking up for the MD he could argue that all adult £199 tickets are concession prices. The season ticket prices did come down quite a bit in 2103 didn't they? There are people with disabilities with very high paid jobs and they still can get DLA/PIPs as they are not means tested. A blanket reduction for someone with a disability makes no sense, but if visually impaired there would be logic for obviousick, disabled and unemployed' could offend some people.
THANKFULLY I,M NOT DISABLED. anyone who is genuine in their disability deserves everything they can get. I can tell you its not fun.
Old 26-02-2016, 12:30   #40

Quote:
I don't think we should let everyone in for nothing, they should be charged an appropriate price. I was using the example to illustrate my point.

Changes to attract bigger attendances:

League 1 football - applicable to both home and away fans
Improved match day experience - including new facilities like the ones being proposed/built
Relatively cheap season ticket - for both the above 200 is reasonable. Most able to afford particularly if saved up over a year, or even a few months.
Fans not moaning at the slightest change - if I was a casual fan, reading some of the moaning seen on here would put me off, it drags the club down over something relatively insignicant e.g. Buying tickets 50 yards from where they usually do. If people can't cope with this 'massive upheaval', I'm surprised they can cope with anything.
What's the back up plan if we don't get promoted
How many other clubs have shiny new grounds and good facilities but can't attract new fans. If that's what matters why are they not at turf moor or Ewood.
Season tickets will never be for everyone and we will never have enough to self finance. If anything they are ridiculously cheap but I can see why as there needs to be income over the summer.
We questioned nothing under the O'Neil regime and look what nearly happened there. If the ideas are so great then explain the benefits as your only argument seems to be just get on with it. If you think fans will be put off by what is put on a message board used by a few dozen fans then I doubt they would have come anyway.
My main concern is this all seems too good to be true so I'd like to know what's behind it all. Andy Holt has done a lot for the club for which he should be commended but let's not build a house of cards.
cashman and Chrisr like this.
Old 26-02-2016, 13:00   #41

I'm not concerned too much with the House of Cards bit even though many other clubs have experienced it. The money has obviously been put up for the stadium improvements and has been matched by the League and debts have been cleared it's not like the regime has put the club in hoc to buy players or finance a stand.

The club is in desperate need for at least one state of the art stand with decent toilets, bars and hopefully a new lounge. In an ideal world all four sides would be done but you couldn't justify that on current gates and income.

A new 2,500 - 3,000 stand would leave a lasting legacy and add credibility to the club as a professional sports outfit.
Old 26-02-2016, 13:17   #42
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by widnes viking View Post
I'm not concerned too much with the House of Cards bit even though many other clubs have experienced it. The money has obviously been put up for the stadium improvements and has been matched by the League and debts have been cleared it's not like the regime has put the club in hoc to buy players or finance a stand.

The club is in desperate need for at least one state of the art stand with decent toilets, bars and hopefully a new lounge. In an ideal world all four sides would be done but you couldn't justify that on current gates and income.

A new 2,500 - 3,000 stand would leave a lasting legacy and add credibility to the club as a professional sports outfit.
That last sentence evoked horrible memories involving the Aldershot Tattoo and White Elephants but the first sentence of the second paragraph is undoubtedly true - and for the players' sakes I would add changing rooms to the list.
AccyMad and yonmon like this.
Old 26-02-2016, 14:08   #43
Full Member+

Quote:

Tom how many times do you need telling, It is not about the money. It is the principle of a new man just coming in and without consulting anybody removing the concession, The flexi ticket was used by a good number of people but I think that has gone now. No consultation. you may be happy to be walked all over but I am not. £40 difference in the tickets is nothing. so when the thousands of fans are queing up to get in next season I will be the first to congratulate those in charge, Stanley was a friendly family club who cared about the people who came through the gates, It has been pointed out that when it was open to anyone to come for free it stil did not get full. Stanley only ever had full houses when we were doing well in the cup or promotion. only twice this season have we exceeded the 2000 mark including away fans and only just exceeding the 2000 shows the club fan base is poor. whether someone like myself who is partially sighted and has walking difficulties should get in cheaper is not the real issue. If the club are prepared to lose people like me for the sake of £40 then that shows the mentality of the person making these decisions. Like I have said it is not a money issue it is a princile, this is not the way Stanley have ever behaved.
keep the faith likes this.
Old 26-02-2016, 14:10   #44
Senior Member+

We arnt building a shiny new stadium though are we?

I think we need a proper stand built which will include better facilities so we can bring in more revenue during the week, What about things like having a kitchen so we can produce our own hot meals rather than a cold buffet that we currently provide on match days! As soon as we have better facilities we can start attracting fans and business to use our facilities during the week if that's the route the new plans are going!

The last thing we want is a soulless empty stadium...I'm sure Andy knows what we need to generate better/new finances into the clubs coffers!
Old 26-02-2016, 20:45   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisr View Post
It is the principle of a new man just coming in and without consulting anybody removing the concession, The flexi ticket was used by a good number of people but I think that has gone now. No consultation. you may be happy to be walked all over but I am not.
No offence but why should you or I be consulted?? Why should a professional football club consult on pricing.

Confused!!!
Closed Thread

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..