Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree105Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-02-2016, 20:52   #61
God Member

Re: Sorry, Mr Burgess - still "tinpot"

Get a life the lot of you you either go or not just shut the ----- up��
Redraine likes this.
Accrington Web
Old 27-02-2016, 21:06   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
That reasoned argument will get the fans flocking back. Get your head out of the sand for god's sake.

In the past we needed to average 2000 fans to break even and we're averaging 1500 just now challenging for automatic promotion while winding up more and more of the one's we have.
Old 27-02-2016, 21:11   #63
Senior Member+

Some people think the new MD is an asterisk. Some people think the manager is an asterisk. Some people will (if not yet then inevitably in the future) think the new owner is an asterisk. Some people think some of the players are asterisks. None of them are more important than the club. If you support the club, whinge about individual personalities if you must, but whatever you do, don't stop supporting the club in whatever way you can. If you do, it'll be gone.

On Stanley On!!
Old 27-02-2016, 21:16   #64
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Not that simple Andy as this is a club many people put their heart ,soul, and money into when needed. it kept the gates open, The problems are not going to go away, It is a club that cared for all it's supporters, As you well know my beef with the new MD was about the way he simply removed the disability concession, He then said the turnstiles would be cash free and yet was selling tickets and taking cash in a less safe environment. Like you I want the club to advance but realise that we have to walk before we can run. Why should we allow all that good work in the past be brushed aside. Andy Holt has put heart soul and big money into the club and deserves our full support. I am afraid the MD has no people skills, we need every supporter we can get through the gate, we have the best squad and chance of promotion we have had in a long time and I want to be part of it. I am afraid it is being spoilt by someone who has no idea.
There are a lot of people feeling the same.
Old 27-02-2016, 21:24   #65
Senior Member+

Haters gonna hate
Old 27-02-2016, 21:27   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimer View Post
Some people think the new MD is an asterisk. Some people think the manager is an asterisk. Some people will (if not yet then inevitably in the future) think the new owner is an asterisk. Some people think some of the players are asterisks. None of them are more important than the club. If you support the club, whinge about individual personalities if you must, but whatever you do, don't stop supporting the club in whatever way you can. If you do, it'll be gone.

On Stanley On!!
The managers and players will always be asterisks to some but they come and go and that is part of football normally that won't have much of a bearing on the support.

Owners and MDs/CEOs are different as they can damage a club. Some will press ahead and disregard the fans at their peril others will admit they are wrong.

I didn't go today as I think the MD is an asterisk and that he is bad for the club but I have a flexi ticket and bought a programme anyway so the club didn't lose out. That might not be the case next season but that depends on what happens before then and I'm far from the only one in that position.
Old 27-02-2016, 21:33   #67
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimer View Post

On Stanley On!!
You make some valid points which I fully agree with Chimer. I can assure you or anybody else that I have a record of supporting the club through thick and thin. I don't voice concerns easily although this may not seem to be the case at the moment. It is because myself and many others are worried the club is being mismanaged with obvious faults. I have never or would never criticise the owner who has done so much for the club. But an MD is only a title but it comes with authority, whatever your view things off the field are not going according to plan because there seems to be a lack of a plan. Planning a change to a small club like this needs the confidence of the fans, and it is obvious this is not the case. the sad point is that everybody wants the good changes to work for the club. we need a meeting with him to clear the air and point out that without fans there is no club. We can work together to bring back some glory and History to Accrington Stanley FC. The next OASSC meeting is on the 10th March and the disabled concession is on the agenda and there will be the opportunity for the MD or Andy to come and answer questions and maybe listen to many positive suggestions. we are behind the club.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 27-02-2016, 22:12   #68
God Member

You may not voice your concerns easily, Chrisr, but you certainly voice them incessantly. I think anyone who has read any thread on here by now understands that you think the new MD is a bombastic bully. He may well be, for all I know, but can you not give it a rest until this meeting. I hope you can then settle it once and for all.
baldy, smudgie, Redraine and 1 others like this.
Old 28-02-2016, 07:48   #69
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
You may not voice your concerns easily, Chrisr, but you certainly voice them incessantly. I think anyone who has read any thread on here by now understands that you think the new MD is a bombastic bully. He may well be, for all I know, but can you not give it a rest until this meeting. I hope you can then settle it once and for all.

Time for the click ignore button on him Exile !
Old 28-02-2016, 08:23   #70
Senior Member+

As a fan who has done nothing but back the club through thick and thin, I would recommend some of the people spouting hatred to our new owner, MD and the club (the same people where showing hatred to our great leader Coleman when he returned); can you please remember we are living the dream in league 2 and soon may end up in league 1.

Stop hating, start supporting.
Old 28-02-2016, 08:30   #71
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

I have heard NO-ONE spouting hatred fer our new owner, Davo go join the circus, clowns are in short supply.
Old 28-02-2016, 08:32   #72
Senior Member+

When you attack his main appointment of MD, you are calling into question our owners judgement.

Get behind the club!
baldy likes this.
Old 28-02-2016, 09:09   #73
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
When you attack his main appointment of MD, you are calling into question our owners judgement.

Get behind the club!
And that in your view is hatred, seems CLOWN is an accurate description,
Old 28-02-2016, 18:48   #74

Re-arrange these words to make a sentance:

of, way, not, own, dummy, my, throwing, pram, haven't, I'm, got, so, the, I, out.

It's hard at the top, whatever decision you make won't please everyone. Some fans are a lot better of finacially due to the price changes, some are a little bit worse off. This is called life!!!
Old 28-02-2016, 20:34   #75
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Matthew View Post
Re-arrange these words to make a sentance:

of, way, not, own, dummy, my, throwing, pram, haven't, I'm, got, so, the, I, out.

It's hard at the top, whatever decision you make won't please everyone. Some fans are a lot better of finacially due to the price changes, some are a little bit worse off. This is called life!!!
I honestly thought you were brighter than that, seems i was wrong. it was never about the prices or changes.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..