Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree105Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-02-2016, 20:59   #76

Re: Sorry, Mr Burgess - still "tinpot"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
I honestly thought you were brighter than that, seems i was wrong. it was never about the prices or changes.
I too gave the benefit of the doubt but to be honest I was wrong and I don't mind admitting it.

That said I am also prepared to give Mr Burgess the benefit of the doubt and will do so privately for now based on information received.

I still don't have answers but it would seem I have the chance of them. I feel that is only fair.
monkey hanger likes this.
Accrington Web
Old 28-02-2016, 21:00   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Matthew View Post
Re-arrange these words to make a sentance:

of, way, not, own, dummy, my, throwing, pram, haven't, I'm, got, so, the, I, out.

It's hard at the top, whatever decision you make won't please everyone. Some fans are a lot better of finacially due to the price changes, some are a little bit worse off. This is called life!!!
Do you work for Sports Direct?
Chrisr likes this.
Old 28-02-2016, 21:43   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeayess View Post
Do you work for Sports Direct?
No Specsavers, I see things for what they actually are .

I wonder who is the brightest, it certaintly aint the person being personal and abusive, it's often actually a sign of lower intelligence.
baldy likes this.
Old 28-02-2016, 21:55   #79

Quote:

I wonder who is the brightest, it certaintly aint the person being personal and abusive, it's often actually a sign of lower intelligence.
I agree having seen your previous post - no need to rearrange.
Old 29-02-2016, 07:42   #80
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Re-arrange these words to make a sentance:

of, way, not, own, dummy, my, throwing, pram, haven't, I'm, got, so, the, I, out.

It's hard at the top, whatever decision you make won't please everyone. Some fans are a lot better of finacially due to the price changes, some are a little bit worse off. This is called life!!!
Quote:

Well if think an honest opinion is abusive, Thats called life, I dont mind at all if you do the same,like yeh just did, the intelligent ones will make their own minds up.
Old 29-02-2016, 08:59   #81
God Member

That said I am also prepared to give Mr Burgess the benefit of the doubt and will do so privately for now based on information received.

I still don't have answers but it would seem I have the chance of them. I feel that is only fair.[/QUOTE]

all the problems the club has had in the past on and off the field I feel this issue is certainly dividing fans when we should all be together in supporting the club in this exciting time. no one likes change especially when its thought of change for changes sake. the truth is outthere somewhere lets hope we will find it soon.
Old 29-02-2016, 09:44   #82
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post

I still don't have answers but it would seem I have the chance of them. I feel that is only fair.
all the problems the club has had in the past on and off the field I feel this issue is certainly dividing fans when we should all be together in supporting the club in this exciting time. no one likes change especially when its thought of change for changes sake. the truth is outthere somewhere lets hope we will find it soon.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like a job for Mulder & Scully!!
Red-Osbornello likes this.
Old 29-02-2016, 11:19   #83
God Member

I reckon some are looking at the past through the old rose-tinted spectacles. When the club was promoted to the Football League I purchased two season tickets, one for me, one for my son who was 10 at the time. The under 12s season ticket was £100. Four or five games into the season the owner/administration decided to bring in an under 12s admitted free policy. I asked for a refund of my £100, less payment of admission for the games previously attended before the introduction of the under 12 policy. I received a reply from the much revered and Stanley through and through Mr. R. Heys telling me, hard luck you're not getting a refund. I've never bought a season ticket since. The club looked after its fans in those days.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
Old 29-02-2016, 14:03   #84
God Member

Agree Yerself, and even if this Mr.Burgess is considered to be a bully there'll be some who reckon he isn't the first such at Stanley.

Last edited by Exile on Spencer St; 29-02-2016 at 14:05.
Old 29-02-2016, 14:44   #85
Senior Member+

Where is the evidence that he is a bully?
Old 29-02-2016, 15:15   #86

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerself View Post
I reckon some are looking at the past through the old rose-tinted spectacles. When the club was promoted to the Football League I purchased two season tickets, one for me, one for my son who was 10 at the time. The under 12s season ticket was £100. Four or five games into the season the owner/administration decided to bring in an under 12s admitted free policy. I asked for a refund of my £100, less payment of admission for the games previously attended before the introduction of the under 12 policy. I received a reply from the much revered and Stanley through and through Mr. R. Heys telling me, hard luck you're not getting a refund. I've never bought a season ticket since. The club looked after its fans in those days.
Good point. The club has never been the Holy Mothers of the Poor. I tried to trade up a flexi-ticket to full season ticket after 5/6 matches. Was told couldn't and had to buy another full price flexi-ticket and pay full walk on prices for the balance of the games not covered. I pointed out that this would end up costing me significantly more than a full price season ticket and got the distinct impression club did not care one way or the other. Felt like saying stuff it then at time.
cashman likes this.
Old 29-02-2016, 16:44   #87
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldy View Post
Where is the evidence that he is a bully?
There's rarely evidence but lots of opinion. It's not mine as I've never met the guy and don't anticipate needing to go out of my way to do so just so I can carry on watching Stanley when I can.
Old 02-03-2016, 20:10   #88
Junior Member+

Enough is enough, I have sat on my hands for months reading some of the total negative rubbish about Accrington and the New MD. So given some on here say they are supporters of the club, well my take is that they are either kidding themselves or have an attitude which incites unnecessary conflict.

I refer in particular to the poster Chrisr, who clearly believes the current MD is a “bully” Well Chrisr, let me bring you in to the modern world, you may have not noticed but football in general needs to be run on a commercial basis to ensure the longevity of the club. Albeit, one should add in my view the New MD has a very tough job to get the club to be able to operate on a self-sufficient basis. Your insulin view about someone you have known for a very short amount of time, appears to me to be for selfish reasons.

I very much hope our New MD continues trying to implement new ideas to take our club forward and for you Chrisr, I was sorry to learn you have been ill in recent times, but I very much hope you appetite has improved, because I sense you were be eating plenty of humble pie when this club has been dragged from losing money to self-sufficient club, that will set the base for future generation to enjoy.
As you appear to very supportive in securing more people through the gates, why not spend some of your energy engaging with social media outside the club and generate positive vibes to encourage the local younger population to come to the games.

As for any possible reply you would like to make, I am all ears!!

Up the Stanley and I hope we get all three points at Wimbledon, it really is a must.

King Kev…. A football legend.
baldy likes this.
Old 02-03-2016, 21:26   #89

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Kev View Post
Enough is enough, I have sat on my hands for months reading some of the total negative rubbish about Accrington and the New MD. So given some on here say they are supporters of the club, well my take is that they are either kidding themselves or have an attitude which incites unnecessary conflict.

I refer in particular to the poster Chrisr, who clearly believes the current MD is a “bully” Well Chrisr, let me bring you in to the modern world, you may have not noticed but football in general needs to be run on a commercial basis to ensure the longevity of the club. Albeit, one should add in my view the New MD has a very tough job to get the club to be able to operate on a self-sufficient basis. Your insulin view about someone you have known for a very short amount of time, appears to me to be for selfish reasons.

I very much hope our New MD continues trying to implement new ideas to take our club forward and for you Chrisr, I was sorry to learn you have been ill in recent times, but I very much hope you appetite has improved, because I sense you were be eating plenty of humble pie when this club has been dragged from losing money to self-sufficient club, that will set the base for future generation to enjoy.
As you appear to very supportive in securing more people through the gates, why not spend some of your energy engaging with social media outside the club and generate positive vibes to encourage the local younger population to come to the games.

Up the Stanley and I hope we get all three points at Wimbledon, it really is a must.

Interesting rant however what if Chris is right and you are wrong? Do you think he would be gloating given the consequences?

Some people will think the best and others the worst so perhaps we should all be cautious for now.

And I would like to think we all hope Stanley get 3 points on Saturday.
Chrisr likes this.
Old 02-03-2016, 21:48   #90
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Kev View Post

Well King Kev, you have obviously read the emails I have exchanged with the MD, you must have listened to the phone calls I have had with the MD. I can assure you I need no lessons of how to bring a club or myself into the modern world. Your patronising ignorant observations are just that. Have you seen our average gates? definitely no where near enough. I may have known the MD for a very short time but I judge people by deeds not just words. If you have not noticed I have not mentioned the MD for best part of a week but I knew somebody would. You suggest I have made my comments for selfish reasons!!!!!!!!! There is a world of difference between principle and selfish. The removal of the disabled concession without any warning or consultation. we then are told we are going cahless at the turnstiles for safety reasons. OK but why no option to purchase tickets on line? shows there is no infrastructure in place yet, we are met with people including the MD selling tickets in a pergola and taking cash. a bit bewildering I think, hardly the professional face we wish to show to the world.
I hope the MD has the nounce to know when he has got it wrong. Why not run his ideas past us in the supporters club at least? we are all supposed to be on the same side. I won't revisit old ground but I will not be eating humble pie. And just for the record I have done my share to help this club stay afloat, I want this club to move on to bigger and better things. I believe Andy Holt is the man with the vision and finance to do this. I don't think the new MD is the man to fulfil this ambition, As for trying to get more supporters through the gates, I suggest that perhaps yourself and the new MD go out in Hyndburn and encourage the Asian population to come as they make up a fair percentage of the community. But spouting the arrogant nonsense based on hear say is more likely to put people off. I am aware that the club needs to be put on a more commercial footing with enough revenue to progress. I think if you were to read my post's you will note where I have complained I have tried to offer a solution. I don't recall reading any posts from you. But whatever you or I think, we can't seem to raise our base attendance above 14/1500 excluding away fans. That is a serious problem that the club and fans need to address. we need to pull together not put fans off. I noticed you singled me out for criticism maybe the truth is getting through. A true supporter is a friend of the club and will speak out if they see things that need attention, keeping quiet helps nobody.
Closed Thread

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..