Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree105Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-03-2016, 06:24   #91

Re: Sorry, Mr Burgess - still "tinpot"

Does it matter if we raise our attendance above 14/1500 excluding away fans? I don't think so, if we get 2000 in every gate and 700/800 are away fans that isn't a bad thing - they will all be paying full price.
Accrington Web
Old 03-03-2016, 07:13   #92
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Kev View Post
Enough is enough, I have sat on my hands for months reading some of the total negative rubbish about Accrington and the New MD. So given some on here say they are supporters of the club, well my take is that they are either kidding themselves or have an attitude which incites unnecessary conflict.

I refer in particular to the poster Chrisr, who clearly believes the current MD is a “bully” Well Chrisr, let me bring you in to the modern world, you may have not noticed but football in general needs to be run on a commercial basis to ensure the longevity of the club. Albeit, one should add in my view the New MD has a very tough job to get the club to be able to operate on a self-sufficient basis. Your insulin view about someone you have known for a very short amount of time, appears to me to be for selfish reasons.

I very much hope our New MD continues trying to implement new ideas to take our club forward and for you Chrisr, I was sorry to learn you have been ill in recent times, but I very much hope you appetite has improved, because I sense you were be eating plenty of humble pie when this club has been dragged from losing money to self-sufficient club, that will set the base for future generation to enjoy.
As you appear to very supportive in securing more people through the gates, why not spend some of your energy engaging with social media outside the club and generate positive vibes to encourage the local younger population to come to the games.

As for any possible reply you would like to make, I am all ears!!

Up the Stanley and I hope we get all three points at Wimbledon, it really is a must.

King Kev…. A football legend.
I suspect very much you are the new MD.
Old 03-03-2016, 08:39   #93
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Funny you should say that .....
KiTChener, cashman and Chrisr like this.
Old 03-03-2016, 09:58   #94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimer View Post
Funny you should say that .....
No, I'm the new MD!

Old 03-03-2016, 10:11   #95
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom D View Post
Does it matter if we raise our attendance above 14/1500 excluding away fans? I don't think so, if we get 2000 in every gate and 700/800 are away fans that isn't a bad thing - they will all be paying full price.
Your final sentence gives it all away. You have a grievance in case someone gets their ticket for a couple of quid cheaper because of their disability, Well let me try this. Shortsighted, petty, the money involved is peanuts if you do your maths. It is people like you with the attitude you portray is sickening. As for the attendance if we can't muster at least 2000 people for a home crowd we are not going to last in division one. Andy Holt is no fool and knows when to say enough is enough. So perhaps if the people you are representing were to be a little more proactive in promoting the club properly we may just attract enough people to come. except the disabled of course. you obviously don't want them to attend.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 03-03-2016, 12:45   #96
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
you are the new MD and I claim my reduced price disabled season ticket.
Old 03-03-2016, 15:52   #97

They will all be paying full price because they are paying away fans. Paying money. As fans. Of a football club. Whether that's as an adult/student/concession/any category of ticket. My reference was to the fact that they will be paying. Money. Which everyone is at pains to point out is what the club needs. My point is money from away fans isn't any different to money from home fans. Where have I expressed any opinion on anything to do with admission prices depending on disability? How do you know I don't have a disability?
AccyMad and Red-Osbornello like this.
Old 03-03-2016, 16:17   #98
Senior Member+

Quote:
No, I'm the new MD!
No, you're not - you've been playing the prediction league for too long to be an incomer
Tom D and Red-Osbornello like this.
Old 03-03-2016, 16:19   #99
Junior Member+

Does anyone know?

Bearing in mind I haven't lived in the Accy area for 20 years

- didn't we average nearly 2000 getting promoted from the Conf?
- where are those people (presuming they are nearly all from Hyndburn area)?
- Getting in Lg 1 is even better than getting in Lg 2- so where are they?
- back then Rovers were much more of a draw- so they're not watchin them
- New MD is going to try all sorts (some of which cant be popular with everyone)
Old 03-03-2016, 16:28   #100
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Theres sod all wrong wi trying all sorts, its how yeh actually do it that counts.
Old 03-03-2016, 16:28   #101

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewthered View Post
Does anyone know?

Bearing in mind I haven't lived in the Accy area for 20 years

- didn't we average nearly 2000 getting promoted from the Conf?
- where are those people (presuming they are nearly all from Hyndburn area)?
- Getting in Lg 1 is even better than getting in Lg 2- so where are they?
- back then Rovers were much more of a draw- so they're not watchin them
- New MD is going to try all sorts (some of which cant be popular with everyone)
Getting into the league was the attraction. it's more likely they don't go anywhere now but go to the pub and watch sport or stay at home and get any big game live online if you know how.

You can even go abroad for the weekend very cheap just like the Norwegians come here.
Old 03-03-2016, 16:33   #102
Junior Member+

good point (TOM D)- bring on more fans! I bet that the away average is 7-800 in Lg1 plus surely more home fans will be attracted by Lg1. Atleast there a local sides. We'd have over 2000 for Oldham, Bury, Bradford, Chesterfield, Rochdale, Sheff Utd, Port Vale, Barnsley- pretty much all the matches!! Bring it on!!
Old 03-03-2016, 16:43   #103
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Quote:
They will all be paying full price because they are paying away fans. Paying money. As fans. Of a football club. Whether that's as an adult/student/concession/any category of ticket. My reference was to the fact that they will be paying. Money. Which everyone is at pains to point out is what the club needs. My point is money from away fans isn't any different to money from home fans. Where have I expressed any opinion on anything to do with admission prices depending on disability? How do you know I don't have a disability?
Stanley will make something on away fans that is true but also the away team(club) will make money on the ticket sales that the make when sold at there ground,a percentage is taken out as do Stanley when they sell any for away games.
Old 03-03-2016, 16:49   #104
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewthered View Post
good point (TOM D)- bring on more fans! I bet that the away average is 7-800 in Lg1 plus surely more home fans will be attracted by Lg1. Atleast there a local sides. We'd have over 2000 for Oldham, Bury, Bradford, Chesterfield, Rochdale, Sheff Utd, Port Vale, Barnsley- pretty much all the matches!! Bring it on!!
Average away following for league 1clubs is 1500 but that's is an average has some clubs would bring more and some less.Chesterfield and Oldham are both in the bottom for at the moment, and not looking to good
Old 03-03-2016, 17:55   #105
Full Member+

In league one I would hope to average 3000 then progress can be made. It won't happen overnight. But many of us will keep trying. Some will hide behind the keyboard and think their smart remarks are helpful. But this is the last I will post on here on this subject.
Closed Thread

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..