Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree105Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-02-2016, 14:42   #1
Senior Member+

Sorry, Mr Burgess - still "tinpot"

So, all of a sudden, we have an announcement on the website about the new cashless Wham. Thank you, Mr Burgess. It will certainly be interesting to watch events on Saturday - I do hope that it works well.

I'm afraid, though, you are continuing the "tinpot Stanley" tradition, much as you will not like to be so doing.

With regard to season tickets for next season, the website says "2016/17 season ticket and Loyalty Membership forms will be available from Monday 15th February from the Stanley Store, supporters club shop in Accrington market and online."

Unless there is a link that I have missed, they are certainly not online.

I did wonder if you were following the long-standing Stanley tradition of "next week". But "next week" is now here - and seemingly still nothing online.
Accrington Web
Old 24-02-2016, 17:54   #2

Re: Sorry, Mr Burgess - still "tinpot"

Turnstiles to be cashless, but you can't pay for season ticket by card. Cash or cheque only!
Old 24-02-2016, 18:23   #3
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by anmc View Post
Turnstiles to be cashless, but you can't pay for season ticket by card. Cash or cheque only!
The irony eh?
Old 24-02-2016, 18:42   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
The irony eh?
The implication on another thread was that you can't trust the turnstile people!
Old 24-02-2016, 19:12   #5

Implications are as bad as rumours - they are a breeding ground for over active imaginations!
DAV007 likes this.
Old 24-02-2016, 19:24   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry View Post
Implications are as bad as rumours - they are a breeding ground for over active imaginations!
Exactly, and I would hate to think that is the way the club is going but that's what two posts implied as a reason for cashless entry on the closed website down thread.

If I worked on the turnstiles and heard that then they would be looking for someone else.
Old 24-02-2016, 19:56   #7
Full Member+

As I understood the situation you can pay for your ticket at a ticket booth with cash hence the jibes at super MD who says you can't pay at the turnstiles but you can at the booth. I am afraid all these ideas are suited to a club with a big fan base, Accrington are still a small club, we are doing well but with our fan base we need every single person through the gate even at concession prices.
Old 24-02-2016, 20:48   #8
Full Member+

There could be a number of reasons for introducing this system.

Slightly related, do the Clayton End turnstiles still shut marginally before kick-off? Will outside ticket sales go on beyond kick-off time like very other club in the country?
Old 25-02-2016, 03:59   #9
Full Member+

So is the club building a larger and more customer friendly ticket office that can cater for more than two people at a time and recruiting a few more folk to help the people who already handle the ticket office ???

The queues at that window drove me mad in the past waiting to collect pre-ordered tickets...Sorry to put it bluntly....but how the hell will this move encourage folk to get on to watch Stanley ????

If Mr Holt is half the businessman he's cracked up to be then surely he'd see this as counter productive ??? Absolutely bonkers move by the club !!!

Any successful business will not put barriers in the way of a customer....this is yet another....
cashman and keep the faith like this.

Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill.
Old 25-02-2016, 06:53   #10
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpon View Post
So is the club building a larger and more customer friendly ticket office that can cater for more than two people at a time and recruiting a few more folk to help the people who already handle the ticket office ???

The queues at that window drove me mad in the past waiting to collect pre-ordered tickets...Sorry to put it bluntly....but how the hell will this move encourage folk to get on to watch Stanley ????

If Mr Holt is half the businessman he's cracked up to be then surely he'd see this as counter productive ??? Absolutely bonkers move by the club !!!

Any successful business will not put barriers in the way of a customer....this is yet another....
Those who are backing this idiotic scheme, have probably never queued for a ticket (like Me) its good to have someone who has and hear the real truth.
carpon and keep the faith like this.
Old 25-02-2016, 08:17   #11
Super Moderator

I'll attempt to answer some of the questions.

Currently ASFC are one of the few clubs that have operated cash on the turnstiles. At Oxford last week over 100 of you bought your ticket from a ticket office prior to entering the ground.(didn't spot any complaints with that!!) We took 140 to Carlisle and pre-sold only 60 tickets.

There will be 2 ticket booths, one for away fans and an additional one on the sportsbar carpark; plus the ticket office will be open from 12 noon.

We can't take credit/debit cards for season tickets as the bank won't release the money to the club until ALL fixtues for the season have been completed, in case the club folds!! (as the bank would be liable to refund the customer) This would mean that the club wouldn't receive a penny until May 17. The alternative is the club provides a "bond" of around £80k. I know Andy Holt is trying to get this changed.
Old 25-02-2016, 08:30   #12
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr T View Post
I'll attempt to answer some of the questions.

Currently ASFC are one of the few clubs that have operated cash on the turnstiles. At Oxford last week over 100 of you bought your ticket from a ticket office prior to entering the ground.(didn't spot any complaints with that!!) We took 140 to Carlisle and pre-sold only 60 tickets.

There will be 2 ticket booths, one for away fans and an additional one on the sportsbar carpark; plus the ticket office will be open from 12 noon.

We can't take credit/debit cards for season tickets as the bank won't release the money to the club until ALL fixtues for the season have been completed, in case the club folds!! (as the bank would be liable to refund the customer) This would mean that the club wouldn't receive a penny until May 17. The alternative is the club provides a "bond" of around £80k. I know Andy Holt is trying to get this changed.
Thanks Mr.T. as you say most club's are cashless turnstiles now it would be interesting to hear how say Northampton are copeing at the moment being top spot new regime and full house's last 2 or 3 home games not all season ticket holders I,ll bet wonder if they have had any problems.
Old 25-02-2016, 09:01   #13
Super Moderator

Northampton have 3 ticket points and that has caused confusion as I never know where to leave stuff!!! I can ask collegues down there; but in the main they've not a lot to sell to home fans who arrive on the day as one stand isn't finished and one is for away fans.
Old 25-02-2016, 09:25   #14
God Member

I remember a few games when we where back in the league playing sides with a sizeable following and getting +2300 gates when there was a gueue for the Clayton end at about 2-45 right into the Crown car park season ticket holders had to be in the same queue for whatever reason the old regime had in their wisdom only opened 1turnstile and I remember people turning away and other,s on the ground who were up to 15 minutes late getting on vowing they would never return and they probably have,nt and in the main probably never will.
Old 25-02-2016, 09:27   #15
God Member

[QUOTE=Mr T;1162170]I'll attempt to answer some of the questions.

Currently ASFC are one of the few clubs that have operated cash on the turnstiles.

one of the reasons I don,t do to many non Stanley home games anymore. having to trail around to find a ticket office after finding somewhere to park which is usually miles away thanks to resident only parking restrictions plus I refuse to pay 5 quid upwards to park in a car park at a ground. I know the crown is different but if we loose 1 person due to it its wrong. deffo wont increase gates.
Closed Thread

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..