Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By VALAIRIAN
  • 2 Post By Redraine

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-02-2013, 16:04   #1
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Southend late match Thread

Stanley should be at least 1 up at half time
Old 09-02-2013, 16:19   #2
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Re: Southend late match Thread

Mr gray. Yessssss 1 up
Old 09-02-2013, 18:56   #3
Resting in Peace

2 points thrown away. When 1 up against 10 men you try to keep possession, right? What did we do? Deano lumps the ball out of play in our own half when under minimal pressure, ignoring free team mates and handing Southend the initiative and the ball is in the net seconds later.. I don't expect Barcelona-type skills, but for crying out loud. Good choice of Gray for MOM. He was full of endeavour in the first half and on fire in the second and must have gone a long way to cementing a starting place in our next game. Wilson pushed him close, though and looks the business in left midfield.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 19:36   #4
Senior Member+

A spirited performance by Stanley today 1-0 up and then Cresswell being deservingly sent off, I thought we were on to the first double of the season over Southend but credit to the 10 Southend men left on the pitch they did not put their heads down and produce a long range effort that Jimmy Ryan would have been proud of,
the only gripe for me is I really don't see how Beattie is keeping his place in the team
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 20:19   #5
Full Member+

Thought poor substitutions cost us the game today. When a team goes down to 10 men most people would say go for the jugular, use the advantage, get anther goal, kill em off. What do we do ? go defensive. Did not see the point of bringing on Hatfield for Beattie (who was obviously nackered) when Molyneaux had been brought on and was swinging in the crosses. Surely Carver would have been a better bet and get him to run at an already wilting back four that was depleted by the absence of that mug Cresswell?
Great performance by Hughes at the back and Rachubka must be the best keeper we've ever had. Worried about Joyce though. As a captain his status probably relies on his performances rather than a big personality and at the moment his form is woeful
Reamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 20:56   #6

Thought it was a really solid performance today.

I've been suggesting Gray should start for a long time rather than carver Dixon et al and thought today he showed why

I've also been saying no way should murthy play in midfield and today was proved absolutely wrong, thought he was excellent.

Also thought Hughes and Winnard look a really good pairing, Wilson showed why we signed him, Hunt and Liddle also steady.

Real disappointment (no surprise) was Beattie - how does he stay in the team, Gray was going for every header against the giant while Beattie stood and watched. It come to the time here he surely realises he has absolutely nothing to contribute

Minor disappointment was Bocco didn't really get in the game, but can't be our hero every week.

On he whole a positive performance but should have hung on for the win
FrankMoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 21:43   #7
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
2 points thrown away. When 1 up against 10 men you try to keep possession, right? What did we do? Deano lumps the ball out of play in our own half when under minimal pressure, ignoring free team mates and handing Southend the initiative and the ball is in the net seconds later.. I don't expect Barcelona-type skills, but for crying out loud. Good choice of Gray for MOM. He was full of endeavour in the first half and on fire in the second and must have gone a long way to cementing a starting place in our next game. Wilson pushed him close, though and looks the business in left midfield.
You must have seen a different game than me.......... Deano was very good today and I cannot see how you could fault him for the goal - the keeper is there to stop the shots!!!!

Not too sure about how we lined up, we seemed to swap from 4-4-1-1, to 4-4-2, to 4-1-1-3-1, to 4-1-3-2, to 4-5-1, in the blink of an eye.........

Thought Deano was very soild, yet he is still not 100% fit.

As for Barcelona type football, leave that to the Spanish..............
DaveinGermany likes this.

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 21:47   #8
Senior Member+

Solid performance today and a bit unlucky really.You know how Southend play and are in the middle of a decent run.
Apart from free kicks and corners,were they get the big men forward,I thought we coped well.
Bit of pace up top and we are more of a threat,thought Murphy showed promise in the middle and was impressed with Wilson,who is starting to show his class.
We played there two pacy forwards well, (one has played in the prem league this season),and generally the back four looked well organised.
That's why I was surprised when one up ,we took lids off and went three at the back , very positive,but was it necessary?,as they left two up top and started attacking the wider areas .
Couldn't believe there goal,as a midfielder is allowed to receive,control and get a striker off,when on paper,we have two extra mid-fielders.
You have to be touch tight in those areas,and we weren't.
Loads of positives to take from the performance,and our luck is slowly changing
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 22:09   #9
Senior Member+

Just for redraines benefit,ball gets played forward,Hughes decides to go for ball ,which was deans(he later apologised).Dean has to sweep up facing his own goal,decides to play save,as he's being pressed,but unsure were the lad is.
He uses his trusty "puma crowd finder boots",to allow the defence to reorganise.
Just wondering what fans would have said if he had turned out and got tackled ?,I would have been the first to hammer him !!! Lol
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 09:06   #10
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
Just for redraines benefit,ball gets played forward,Hughes decides to go for ball ,which was deans(he later apologised).Dean has to sweep up facing his own goal,decides to play save,as he's being pressed,but unsure were the lad is.
He uses his trusty "puma crowd finder boots",to allow the defence to reorganise.
Just wondering what fans would have said if he had turned out and got tackled ?,I would have been the first to hammer him !!! Lol
That's the golden rule for defenders "if in doubt, kick it out"
Redash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 09:28   #11
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
Cheers, Football19. Always good for we embittered old gits to have an insight from the players' point of view. "Crowd finder boots", ha ha love it! Always thought Deano has steel toe caps in his boots. Only joking.
Revived Red and yonmon like this.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..