Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree109Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-02-2015, 00:24   #91

Re: Southend Match Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by fc:stanley View Post
WHAT A RESULT!
Crazy to think how much we have progressed in such a short time! Looking forward to Fridays game and hopefully we can pick up another couple of points!

For the Coley haters who thought he had lost the dressing room and people didnt want to play for him then i think this song is perfect!

One happy stanley fan tonight!

Don't get too carried away with your vitriol. We have been crying out for a decent keeper and a decent striker. Perhaps that's the reason the team have picked up so much.

If so then why did it take so long to figure it out because we all knew weeks ago???

ps Another happy Stanley fan tonight
AccyMad, smudgie, cashman and 1 others like this.
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 15-02-2015, 06:02   #92
Senior Member+

Because gornell wasn't available until deadline day, likewise Davies wasn't allowed to move until deadline day.

is that Coleys fault as well deeayess?

You need to stop the hate.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2015, 08:47   #93
Senior Member+

Cheltenham signed 3 maybe 4 strikers on deadline day that give Gornell the green light to leave!

With our finances we'll probably always get last pickings of players, hence why 3 deadline day signings...What class signings so far though!
Old 15-02-2015, 10:37   #94
Senior Member+

The Phil Brown Saga continues !.

Phillip grudgingly applauds Piero's superb volley !, and blames his young side for their 'Naive' approach to the game !....don't you just love the man ??.

ps. I tried to think of a caption for what his assistant was saying to Mr Brown.... perhaps somebody has one ?.

Last edited by yonmon; 15-02-2015 at 10:39.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2015, 11:44   #95
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
The Phil Brown Saga continues !.

Phillip grudgingly applauds Piero's superb volley !, and blames his young side for their 'Naive' approach to the game !....don't you just love the man ??.

ps. I tried to think of a caption for what his assistant was saying to Mr Brown.... perhaps somebody has one ?.
"C'mon, Phil, it's not that big".
Revived Red and yonmon like this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2015, 12:39   #96

I travelled down yesterday with Stanley Nick and 2 others. A long journey - especially with delays on the M1 - but the performance was well worth it.
It was also great to see Pierro's dad's celebrations after he scored!
Well done Stanley - bring on Cheltenham :-)
Old 15-02-2015, 13:15   #97
Resting in Peace

Just seen our goals on I-player and no way was Terry offside for the 2nd, as claimed by many on the Shrimpers forum! They do give us credit though, one Mon saying we closed them down better than any other team at their place. Just what I like to hear.
cashman, Revived Red and yonmon like this.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2015, 22:52   #98
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
More kind words about us from their forum..."dross"..."boring club which highlights why we need to get out of this division"...
It can be arranged. Just keep losing to tin-pot sides.

Reminiscent of the Southport chairman some years back who said his aim was to take Southport out of Division 4.
MikeA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2015, 10:29   #99
Senior Member+

We're the first team to put two goals past Southend in the League at Roots Hall this season!

Walsall and McConville's Chester have both won 2-1 in cup matches though.
MikeA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2015, 11:06   #100

All I wanna do here is express relief for Stanley in the light of recent results!
Very nice indeed, very nice.
mab likes this.
Giacomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2015, 23:55   #101
Senior Member+

Ted Smith: Defeat to Accrington Stanley ruined my Southend United debut (From Echo)

poor lad
Old 17-02-2015, 00:01   #102
Senior Member+

Southend United manager Phil Brown undone by familar face as Josh Windass helps Accrington Stanley win at Roots Hall (From Echo)

is windass on a 2 year deal?
cashman likes this.
Old 17-02-2015, 08:39   #103
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Good find that about Joss, I'm a big fan of the lad meself, So Can agree wi Phil Brown.
Old 17-02-2015, 14:55   #104
Senior Member+

Agree Cashy,he's got the potential to have a good career, good pace/touch/fitness,just needs to "learn" the game and it should take off for him.
Said before he's in my top three of accys talented lads, just needs good coaching.
I get the feeling coley has started to warm to him,and with piero gives us a bit of pace as well as graft
Redraine and cashman like this.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2015, 16:50   #105
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
Agree Cashy,he's got the potential to have a good career, good pace/touch/fitness,just needs to "learn" the game and it should take off for him.
Said before he's in my top three of accys talented lads, just needs good coaching.
I get the feeling coley has started to warm to him,and with piero gives us a bit of pace as well as graft
Thought that we agreed he had a poor first touch, he gives the ball away more times than he uses it, and that he doesn't read a game very well at all !!.....really.not the ideal credentials for developing a 'good career ' ?.
But that WAS twelve days ago ...did I miss another miracle ??.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..