Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-04-2011, 22:14   #106
Senior Member+

Re: Southend Thread

Well done lads, my Dad is well happy!!!!
I never think about the last.
heth is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 05-04-2011, 22:17   #107
Full Member+

Another fine three points tonight. First half...some of the football was magnificent...Stanley's movement off the ball was class and the way they passed the ball around in the first half at times made Southend look like they were chasing shadows. Definately should have been two or three up at half time !!!

Second half, more of the same.....Their equalizer....I agree with Cashy. It was a good strike from their lad but never a free kick in my eyes, let alone a booking !! But this side is made of stronger stuff than those of recent years, took the setback in their stride, kept pressing forward and got the reward their hard work deserved with the two late goals and the three points !!

As for the third goal and penalty...what a defence splitting pass to set up the move that led to the eventual resulting penalty !!! As for the lad who got sent off !!! What a clown !!! He didn't half throw his rattle out of the pram!!!

Three points at Macc on Friday and there's no reason why we can't start thinking Automatic promotion

Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill.
carpon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 22:35   #108
Dan
Senior Member+

Dudes...

Match report - ASFC News Story > 3992

Coley's thoughts - ASFC News Story > 3993

And my Proccy yellows fact was a guess. Just checked and I've got him as having seven including tonight. More reaction to come. But probably tomorrow as I have to go to bed at some stage!!!

Dan

The Dutch look like a huge jar of marmalade.”
- Barry Davies

“After a goalless first half, the score at half time is 0-0.”
- Brian Moore
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 23:07   #109
bdc

Another great result tonight, the scoreline was fair but like others have said the referee was awful. There should've been a straight for the Southend player involved in the melee in front of the referee but he bottled it. 4 wins from 6 should see us in the play-offs and we deserve to be in there.
bdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 05:29   #110
God Member

Another Big three points a good first half again I thought we looked a bit shaky at the start of the second half then they got the goal back which was a great free-kick but we are now showing what top sides do we just carried on with the same vigour and the goals came.

Massive to break into the play-offs and no more than this team deserve.

Great Crowd and superb support real high intensity noise and once again neutrals can't have failed to have been impressed both on & off the field.

Cracking Night on to Macc

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 06:44   #111
God Member

Another great team performance. The equaliser seemed to deflate us for a while but once we got the second it looked like we could go on and score six. My view of their goal was that the referee was correct in giving the free kick after a clumsy challenge from Joyce. I did think the booking was very harsh though. I'm sure Coley will be telling the lads to be more clever around the edge of the box as that looks like the only route for the opposition to score against us at home! My man of the match would've been Andy Procter but I cannot begrudge Jimmy his recognition as he also played brilliantly. Bring on Macc.

Posted via Mobile Device
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 07:41   #112
Senior Member+

Really enjoyed the game last night, full of passion and a fair helping of tension.

Good to see an increasingly large crowd, as the stay-aways [like me] and the walk-ons get on board.

Just a shame that Radio Lancashire this morning tempered the good news by linking it to the fact that staff and players haven't been paid again. It'd be good to have some pure good news, just this once!
Old 06-04-2011, 08:25   #113
Senior Member+

Without wishing to sound like a broken record,it was again a great performance full of passion and desire.
Make no mistake Southend are a tough direct team with a lot of experienced players in it.
In the first half some of the football was sublime with good passing and moving and should have had more reward.
Southend to there credit pushed 3 upfront and forced Acci back and for a while started getting the upper hand.
As they were playing for set pieces and corners ( they had 4 players over 6-3 playing),credit has to go to the defence who stood firm and won there battles,and along with proccy and joyce only allowed them one shot on target all night.
Acci had to dig deep,and they did and still went forward looking for goals,indeed jacobson hit the bar and deano had one tipped over!.
Considering the team is full of young lads,they just play with no fear,long may it continue.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 08:56   #114
Dan
Senior Member+

More reaction for you now, this time from Phil Edwards. I can only apologise for the quality. Every day is an experiment, and what we've taken from this one is that a tiny little digital camera is bloody useless in the wind!!!

The Dutch look like a huge jar of marmalade.”
- Barry Davies

“After a goalless first half, the score at half time is 0-0.”
- Brian Moore
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 08:56   #115

Was a bit dissapointed to go in only one up at half time but to be honest we have been spoilt in recent weeks, the second half with their three up front formation made the lads dig deep and demonstated the belief in the squad.
As for individual performances all the lads where fantastic but one stood out for me (and I have been critical of him this season) and that was captain Andy Proctor I really did think he was outstanding,also deano was spot on last night and I don,t think it will be long before he gets on the score sheet.
The last few weeks have been a magical time to follow the reds particulally with thier form at home on what you could call a dodgy pitch, they still manage to play some fantastic passing football it just makes me think what results we could have got if the pitch was up to scratch.
stanley convert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 09:02   #116

HA HA just seen Mohsni,s sending off on sky, talk about toy,s out of pram, I hope he will pay for any damage he did to the dressing room door.
stanley convert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 09:28   #117
God Member

Brilliant, just brilliant.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 09:40   #118
Resting in Peace

Pathetic, self pitying reaction from the Southend manager here. Not an ounce of credit given to the Reds.

BBC Sport - Accrington 3-1 Southend
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 09:52   #119
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
Pathetic, self pitying reaction from the Southend manager here. Not an ounce of credit given to the Reds.

BBC Sport - Accrington 3-1 Southend
Dont bother me mate,we got 3 pts n in play-off position, they got sod all.
Old 06-04-2011, 10:40   #120

Really enjoyed it last night and took a friend from work as well. Good game and the atmosphere was really brilliant. Was nice to see so many people on 2000+ was fantastic considering Euro Cup football on telly as well.
Shurm is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..