Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree48Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-12-2018, 07:51   #31

Re: Southend United Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
I was talking about how they hit us on the break Exile. Defensively in midfield we looked short.
Agreed Barlaser and Finlay are good offensively but if it breaks down we look vulnerable.
Only my opinion before I got shot down.
So who would you have started with twenty eight? Scott or let me guess your son?? More importantly who would you have left out? Young Dan? He's twice the player your lad is... what a joke you are... clueless old man
Old 17-12-2018, 09:24   #32
Senior Member+

Sad man.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2018, 09:38   #33
Senior Member+

Stop with the personal insults and start having a sensible debate.
Personally I’d have only played one up top supported by Finlay from midfield and dropped Scott Brown in.
However if you go with two then one of Barlaser and Finlay had to be sacrificed to get a bit of cover.
Big choice for the Manager.
Nothing to stop changing your formation during a game is there ?
It’s an opinion - you know what forums are about.
Old 17-12-2018, 11:57   #34

You seem to know that much you should go into management ?😂
Old 17-12-2018, 12:23   #35
Super Moderator

Although we have the occasional heated discussion, personal insults, veiled threats and nastiness are not what this forum is about. Can we cut it out please?
Old 17-12-2018, 12:24   #36
Senior Member+

I bet there's a lot of Accrington fans ...... well maybe the other 87 that were there Saturday who agree with me. Don't be deceived by the highlights. We were wide open through the middle.
Don't have to be a Manager to see what's right in front of your eyes.
Anything constructive to say or more sarcasm and smileys ?
Old 17-12-2018, 12:26   #37
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Although we have the occasional heated discussion, personal insults, veiled threats and nastiness are not what this forum is about. Can we cut it out please?

Wynonie - which is exactly what I'm doing. Please don't paint me with that brush.

The threats from him have already been deleted.
Moving on ......
Old 17-12-2018, 12:35   #38
Super Moderator

I know - I deleted them! No more insults from anyone please. As you say, let's move on.
Old 17-12-2018, 13:10   #39
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
I bet there's a lot of Accrington fans ...... well maybe the other 87 that were there Saturday who agree with me. Don't be deceived by the highlights. We were wide open through the middle.
Don't have to be a Manager to see what's right in front of your eyes.
Anything constructive to say or more sarcasm and smileys ?
I was one of the 88 and what stood out like a flashing red light throughout the first half was that Southend targeted almost all of their attacks down their left wing. They’d clearly targeted Johnson as the easier option of the back four. Johnson has many qualities but he’s not the strongest defensively. Any support a defensive midfielder, or indeed Clark who was wide on the right, could have provided would have been negated because they simply lobbed the ball, into the wind, over the heads of any midfield. Certainly the third goal exposed how easy it was for Southend’s MotM to race through the middle and score, but the other two (and more critical) goals both came down the left side.
The other issue I noticed was Stanley’s determination to play out from the back. This is laudable and i’m NOT suggesting the should revert to lumping long balls every time. But, with Southend’s forwards pressing the Stanley defenders, it meant that progress was often slow and, by the time the ball got near their goalmouth, there were two rows of four defenders crowding their box.
Again, I’m not convinced that having a more defensive midfielder would have had helped avoid two of the three goals.
The chances are being created but, as Southend showed, they need to be taken.
cashman, Revived Red and chevyfire like this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2018, 13:43   #40
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by wynonie harris View Post
although we have the occasional heated discussion, personal insults, veiled threats and nastiness are not what this forum is about. Can we cut it out please?
let's get ready to grrruuummmbbbllleee
ferret man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2018, 16:46   #41

Hi All, Southend fan here. Not related to the game, but I thought you might like to see our local paper's report on your manager and his sportsmanship. The view is held by a lot of Southend fans as well. You should all be proud of him as sportsmanship is seldom seen in pro football these days.

I tried posting this earlier but it appears to have disappeared up its own behind. Anyway, good luck for the rest of the season.

https://www.echo-news.co.uk/sport/17...-john-coleman/
Wynonie Harris likes this.
rootshallbloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2018, 18:01   #42
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
I was one of the 88 and what stood out like a flashing red light throughout the first half was that Southend targeted almost all of their attacks down their left wing. They’d clearly targeted Johnson as the easier option of the back four. Johnson has many qualities but he’s not the strongest defensively. Any support a defensive midfielder, or indeed Clark who was wide on the right, could have provided would have been negated because they simply lobbed the ball, into the wind, over the heads of any midfield. Certainly the third goal exposed how easy it was for Southend’s MotM to race through the middle and score, but the other two (and more critical) goals both came down the left side.
The other issue I noticed was Stanley’s determination to play out from the back. This is laudable and i’m NOT suggesting the should revert to lumping long balls every time. But, with Southend’s forwards pressing the Stanley defenders, it meant that progress was often slow and, by the time the ball got near their goalmouth, there were two rows of four defenders crowding their box.
Again, I’m not convinced that having a more defensive midfielder would have had helped avoid two of the three goals.
The chances are being created but, as Southend showed, they need to be taken.
Have to agree Johnson isn't a brilliant defender his qualities are going forward maybe it's a position along with left back if Anderton goes to fill in January.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2018, 19:10   #43
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Have to agree Johnson isn't a brilliant defender his qualities are going forward maybe it's a position along with left back if Anderton goes to fill in January.
I know someone else who aint a brilliant defender, a bit better than johnson slightly in that respect, but this ones qualities are sideways and backwards.
keep the faith likes this.
Old 18-12-2018, 12:02   #44

I agree about Johnson great going forward but not the best defensively. Got cought out on Sat in midfield and poor finishing.we need a scrappy 1 nill from somewhere.we need to get out of this quickly or I fear for us as we are bottom at the form table.
Old 18-12-2018, 15:02   #45
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Love Rocket View Post
I agree about Johnson great going forward but not the best defensively. Got cought out on Sat in midfield and poor finishing.we need a scrappy 1 nill from somewhere.we need to get out of this quickly or I fear for us as we are bottom at the form table.
think our early season form got some thinking a bit above themselves where stanley were concerned. all clubs have good and bad runs and dare i say we are too good to go down. would take our position that we are in at the moment as our finishing position and would still think we,ve had a good season.
cashman likes this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..