Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2009, 20:48   #31
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!
Re: Speaking up for Mr Eric Whalley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post
I don’t want to be pushy but with the exception of an unqualified interview on Radio Lancs. by three attendees we’ve heard now’t. Yes I know it’s early and yes I know somebody is plodding away drafting a statement but; can someone come back with some feedback as regards the attendance, mood and views of tonight’s meeting.
I was there and if Bagpuss is feeling very positive then I'm either ill or the meeting went very well, I don't know if I'm allowed to post any details so I'm sorry about that but I liked what I heard and the future is looking ok if ideas made tonight are allowed to happen.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 05-06-2009, 20:49   #32

Jeepers if thats what you call speaking up for a bloke I wouldn't like you to slag me off.

I'd like to call it a thin disguised attack but I've seen better disguises in a Carry on Film. The quality of man that comes on a public forum and use phrases like lining pockets without evidence is a very poor man indeed.

I'm in doubt that EW has put plenty of his own money in over the years and if he got half back he would be delighted.

It is very very very easy to have a pop from outside and even easier when its not your money.

PS
Anyone else fail to spot a line of people outside the Crown Ground waiting to buy EWs shares? No - I didn't think so as there are not many around daft enough to prop up an ailing football club that not enough people are ineterested in.
widnes viking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 20:55   #33
Accy Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by widnes viking View Post
Anyone else fail to spot a line of people outside the Crown Ground waiting to buy EWs shares? No - I didn't think so as there are not many around daft enough to prop up an ailing football club that not enough people are ineterested in.
If the club was in credit there would be buyers but it's in debt so then you have ask why it's ailing?

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Old 05-06-2009, 20:57   #34
Senior Member+

If we look at the club's situation in harsh light of day it isn't a pretty picture, there is no room to expand, no room to grow the facilities and the ground is in the wrong place anyway. The ticket prices are extortionate for the poor facilities available, you can watch premiership football for less. We have a very restricted budget and most of our quality players are gone. Anyone who wants to rescue the club is doing it for the best intentions, there is no way anyone is gonna make a profit out of it in the foreseeable future. Ilyas is our very best option.
Old 05-06-2009, 22:16   #35
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
I was there and if Bagpuss is feeling very positive then I'm either ill or the meeting went very well, I don't know if I'm allowed to post any details so I'm sorry about that but I liked what I heard and the future is looking ok if ideas made tonight are allowed to happen.
Thanks Baggy, I’m told that the three gentleman who were interviewed by the BBC tonight where indeed qualified to speak of tonight meeting, in view of that and another respected gentleman who spoke to me earlier does lead me to believe that you are not indeed ill, in fact I'd say your looking quite well….

I look forward to Mr. Khan posting and should the opportunity arise contributing to the Fighting Fund. I understand the future bright, the futures RED…..

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 22:40   #36
Senior Member+

Just got back from meeting (145 miles after work).

The idea is that a support company controlled by supporters have the means to ensure significant investment into the club

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 22:44   #37
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis316 View Post
Just got back from meeting (145 miles after work).

The idea is that a support company controlled by supporters have the means to ensure significant investment into the club
Glad you got back safely Haggis, and it was a pleasure to meet you

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 22:54   #38
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukcowboy View Post
Glad you got back safely Haggis, and it was a pleasure to meet you
And to meet you as well.

This evening was one of those occasions that is worth all the trouble of attending even from here because it will always stick in the memory.

We had Ilyas to meet.

Back in 1962 they only had Bob Lord.

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!

Last edited by Haggis316; 05-06-2009 at 22:59.
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 23:03   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
If the club was in credit there would be buyers but it's in debt so then you have ask why it's ailing?
Liverpool are ailing - why on Earth are you asking why in the days of credit crunch are you asking why liddle ole Accrington Stanley are ailing surely its obvious why.
Old 05-06-2009, 23:05   #40
Member.

Quote:
Liverpool are ailing - why on Earth are you asking why in the days of credit crunch are you asking why liddle ole Accrington Stanley are ailing surely its obvious why.

Ok, it's past your bedtime, now **** off.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 23:40   #41
God Member

Quote:
For those of us who use this forum regularly,and for those of us who attended the meeting this evening, the reason that OUR club is 'ailing' has ****** all to do with the credit crunch

Sorry mate, but Im with Doug on this one...............bedtime

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 08:10   #42
Accy Red

Quote:
Liverpool and Man Utd if you are using LFC as an example are ailing due to interest payments for money borrowed when they were taken over by new owners (both clubs actually made a profit without this borrowing debt), Stanley didn't borrow any cash so if you look elsewhere you will find the credit crunch is not the main reason why Stanley are ailiing (don't like that word).

Nice posts Doug and Pete

Old 06-06-2009, 08:46   #43

So the loss of Fraser Eagle and crowd numbers down in their hundreds is not due to the credit crunch?

PS

Stunning response Doug - you should have been an MP with those debating skills.
Old 06-06-2009, 09:00   #44

Liddle Ole was not meant as a put down more to make the point than many bigger clubs than Accrington have found themselves in a bigger mess.

Running a league club on such low gates and the loss of a major sponsor is nothing short of a minor miracle. To lay the blame at the one bloke who has put his hand up and invested his time and money is well out of order.

Be careful in what you wish for in case you just might get it.
Old 06-06-2009, 09:04   #45
Senior Member+

You're spot on widnes viking. There are some real idiots on here and it's just another nail in the coffin as far as I'm concerned.

Tags
eric whalley

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..