Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree137Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-08-2017, 08:42   #136
God Member

Re: Sports Hub!

as i do not live in accrington the issue does not affect me. the main issue is that people do not like or want change anywhere. there is always objections to every development that comes out nowadays that may or maynot help the communities that exist. people in favour usually do not get involved either. as for dog owners i bring mine to games when its cooler and find plenty of places to walk for 45 mins or so without touching the playing fields.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 18-08-2017, 19:55   #137

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
I will be surprised if the field isn't fenced off. It doesn't make sense not to fence it or they can't protect their investment. Would you as the football league invest £2 million on an uprotected site?
If its not fenced off they can build it tomorrow for me

I was thinking that the top bit is only being used as it is now could still be left unfenced ? That would please everyone I think ??
Shurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2017, 22:20   #138
Full Member+

Quote:
It can't be used for housing, that would be against the conditions in the councils deed for the land. That was explained at the wednesday night meeting.

Some think it was gifted to the people as it sounds good but it isn't true, the truth is in the deeds.

Rough deed details are the land was bought by the then Accrington now Hyndburn Council for just under £900 and it has to be for public recreation use.

It's the public bit that's up for legal discussion.
Land use can change at any time. look at the GMSF with most of the allocations for housing in greenbelt (former).

Who else is party to the land charge? Someone tells you something at a meeting, well that must be the case forever...

The deed can be changed if the relevant parties who signed it want it to. It is pretty basic stuff.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2017, 04:51   #139

Quote:
I will be surprised if the field isn't fenced off. It doesn't make sense not to fence it or they can't protect their investment. Would you as the football league invest £2 million on an uprotected site?
Do you not understand the meaning of the word "whole" ?
NORTHERNSOUL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2017, 05:00   #140

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post
Land use can change at any time. look at the GMSF with most of the allocations for housing in greenbelt (former).

Who else is party to the land charge? Someone tells you something at a meeting, well that must be the case forever...

The deed can be changed if the relevant parties who signed it want it to. It is pretty basic stuff.
People who think they know better should perhaps read up on whats happening in Greater Manchester re The Spacial Framework but basically it means that the need for land for housing overrides any other considerations and if a piece of land is deemed as needed but is protected by such things as ancient deeds then legislation will be enacted to overcome the problem so maybe the Nimbys should be more careful what they wish for.
Old 19-08-2017, 05:07   #141

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiTChener View Post
Great posts, Macca, a very fair, unbiased report of the meeting.

As one of the NIMBYs, after listening to what was being said by our illustrious 'Council Leader', I have decided to 'move on', as advised by some other poster on here, who appears to live nowhere near Hyndburn! Moving on, not because of his advice, but because I am still of the opinion that I raised at the beginning of the meeting, that this issue has been 'cut & dried' for some time, (nothing that was said last night has made me re-think this opinion) & it is now counter-productive to oppose the proposal. As I have said previously, I am not against ASCT, but, I'm afraid that I just can't help being a NIMBY!

If Cuadrilla was applying to commence fracking on Highams', despite seeing the benefits of fracking for the country as a whole, I would still be a NIMBY!

Finally, I wish Malcolm & his newly formed committee all the best in which I feel is now a fruitless campaign.
If you're referring to me i can assure you i am both a resident and council tax payer of Hyndburn.
Old 26-09-2017, 17:12   #142
God Member

So boys and girls, the plans are out!

REVEALED: New Sports Hub Plans | Accrington Stanley Community Trust
Old 26-09-2017, 17:18   #143
God Member

Most of you know I'm a Supporter of this project, and I appreciate that some of you arent. Surely this shows that most of the 'concerns' are poppycock?

There's a page on Facebook that you may have seen SAVE Highams Playing Fields, Ive spent half the afternoon debunking the lies and myths that they post on there - only to have the thread deleted because opinion was swinging in favour and their concerns had been netted down to nothing more than 'not in my back yard'

Media Censorship at its finest.

Here's the screenshot of admin reasoning for the deletion
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20170926-180301.jpg (102.4 KB, 33 views)
Old 26-09-2017, 17:56   #144
God Member

Thought it'd gone quiet on there, the Trust's plans look amazing - hopefully their meeting next week will be more positive than the one organised a while back by Mr. Pritchard
Chrisr likes this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2017, 19:20   #145

Nothing new in the plans apart from not showing the fence which will surround it.
It says healthy trees will remain but others will be cut down so I think the people of Accy know what that means
Old 26-09-2017, 20:52   #146
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

I think most of the people of accy, are aware what a self serving prat "Pritchard" is also.
Gremlin, Chrisr and NORTHERNSOUL like this.
Old 26-09-2017, 21:12   #147

To be honest, I walk past the playing fields quite alot and mainly all you see is dogs exercising on the field(which can be done on the coppice,peel park area (a few hundred meters away). As long as they keep the play park which they are going to the plan is surely a vast improvement for are town and area.

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk
chevyfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2017, 10:25   #148
God Member

I've just posted a comment on the Save Highams' page on facebook, just pointing out to some who are going on about kids not being able to play freely up there if the hub is built that when mine were younger they struggled to do that anyway because of the amount of dog muck on there.
I'll probably get some flack for it but doesn't make it any less true.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2017, 11:24   #149

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
I think most of the people of accy, are aware what a self serving prat "Pritchard" is also.
To be honest Cashman he went up in my estimations outside the Town Hall the other night when people were having a protest before the Council meeting. He greeted all the arriving Councillors and some were quite rude to him saying shame on him for not towing the Party line and not voting for the Hub. When I asked him why they were being so rude to him he replied that he was trying to help the residents of his Ward rather than the Labour Party. You had to be there to see some of the so called people that represent this Borough it was shameful.

Like I've said all along its a done deal the investment is good for the Town just think there has always been better locations for it but I'm always going to say that as I will live directly opposite the site. So I'm a NIMBY
Old 27-09-2017, 12:15   #150
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shurm View Post
To be honest Cashman he went up in my estimations outside the Town Hall the other night when people were having a protest before the Council meeting. He greeted all the arriving Councillors and some were quite rude to him saying shame on him for not towing the Party line and not voting for the Hub. When I asked him why they were being so rude to him he replied that he was trying to help the residents of his Ward rather than the Labour Party. You had to be there to see some of the so called people that represent this Borough it was shameful.

Like I've said all along its a done deal the investment is good for the Town just think there has always been better locations for it but I'm always going to say that as I will live directly opposite the site. So I'm a NIMBY
Labour,UKIP. Independant, says it all about that piece of crap, he changes party to what happens to suit at the time, i wasn't even aware he was back with Labour? he switches that often, in fact i will be amazed if they accepted him back.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..