Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree137Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-03-2017, 07:50   #31
God Member

Re: Sports Hub!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
It would be closer to home for me as well but Little Budworth Stanley somehow doesn't have that ring to it...
Poynton case?
MikeA likes this.
Old 14-03-2017, 06:59   #32
Senior Member+

DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2017, 13:33   #33

Sounds like a good thing for various reasons obviously living across the road from Highams I would prefer it to go on Livingston Road . We lost the use of Highams for nearly 2 years recently whilst all the levelling was going on and recently we've had a new housing estate built at the back of us so I think most people round Thorneyholme area are probably a bit wary of anything else happening.

Like I said it sounds like it should be of value to the town I suppose people just don't want it on their doorstep
KiTChener likes this.
Shurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2017, 17:46   #34
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
the club need to give serious consideration to leaving the hydburn council boundary
Dav, as much as you dislike Hyndburn Council I think people should be reminded that if it was not for the local Council, Stanley would have ceased to be. The council helped with low rent and everything else it could do at the time. The council of the day and I include all parties were in full support of the club. I do get disappointed when I hear people besmirching the local council for their efforts. They are in a different place today with different rules.

While the cost of using playing fields and sports facilities are all rising thanks to councils budget reductions. The fields used by the ladies which has seen a dramatic rent rise should not automatically be given over to the Stanley trust. This is public space as well and we have to respect that. As for the usual bad comments about residents around livingstone rd. complaining I would also suggest that people living across from the crown have put up with inconvenience at every match and would have every right to complain about the traffic nuisance. The point is they have not. Stanley has to get on with it's neighbours and in general we do. A feasibility study will only come back with a yes answer because the land is currently being used for the same purpose. The big worry would be an environmental impact study. I am convinced that with the right people negotiating with the current users could achieve an acceptable compromise for all parties. Good will can move these obstacles but I fear some arrogance maybe the stumbling block.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2017, 10:01   #35
Senior Member+

Update...

Council back study into possible £2million community hub in Accrington (From Lancashire Telegraph)
Old 27-03-2017, 10:35   #36
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

It's just Council speak for ignoring Cllr Malcolm Pritchard and still looking into the possible use of Highams as they decided before. Of course the Council want to look into it because they want to offload their land onto someone else to reduce Council costs.
Old 27-03-2017, 23:54   #37
God Member

and we'll be happy to conduct our civic duty ...
AccyMad and odders like this.
Old 28-03-2017, 09:41   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
and we'll be happy to conduct our civic duty ...
And hopefully some new blood and another generation of Stanley faithful
odders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 10:08   #39
I am Banned

https://democracy.hyndburnbc.gov.uk/...binet.pdf?T=10

Council report for sports hub, it seems the club already lead the livingstone road playing fields but would have to give up the lease for the community trust to build on it
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 11:17   #40
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by st06nc2 View Post
https://democracy.hyndburnbc.gov.uk/...binet.pdf?T=10

Council report for sports hub, it seems the club already lead the livingstone road playing fields but would have to give up the lease for the community trust to build on it

Not true, the land is leased to Accrington Football and Sports Club - which isnt Accrington Stanley. THEY must voluntarily surrender the lease before consideration can be given to the venue.

AFSC have, I believe, been offered a number of incentives to do this but after a vote opted to decline. I also believe that said vote was not taken in under the truest of conditions as those who knew of the multiple incentives had not delivered the full picture to everyone involved. This led to a number of resignations. How much is true, and to what extent, I dont know but that is the prelude as to why the Trust have had to look at other less suitable venues
Old 06-04-2017, 16:32   #41
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

The trust should be looking at land not currently in use so they will be creating more sports provision not just altering what is currently available and making it less accessible to the public
Shurm likes this.
Old 06-04-2017, 16:48   #42
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
The trust should be looking at land not currently in use so they will be creating more sports provision not just altering what is currently available and making it less accessible to the public
Maybe they have done that, I would imagine they haven't just stuck a pin in a map of Hyndburn & gone with it - I'm sure a lot of thought & research has gone into finding the most suitable location for everybody.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 16:59   #43
God Member

£2m sounds a lot of money, but I bet it isnt if they have to start repurposing land to be fit for purpose
Old 06-04-2017, 18:40   #44
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
£2m sounds a lot of money, but I bet it isnt if they have to start repurposing land to be fit for purpose
It also sounds wrong to cover over current pitches with 3g ones but until we see the plans we won't know what going on properly.
Old 06-04-2017, 18:59   #45
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
It also sounds wrong to cover over current pitches with 3g ones....
But 4G (3G is just so 2016?) pitches can be used many times more each week than grass, so more people can play more games, and not just footie.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..