Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree137Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2017, 14:27   #91
Full Member+

Re: Sports Hub!

I've also received the flyer which I've scanned and attached. Malcolm Pritchard is our local councillor but I have to say, from my experience he's not interested in the larger community, just the bits that impact on him. Just my opinion
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PublicMeeting re Sports Hub 001.jpg (233.5 KB, 27 views)
AccyMad likes this.
Reamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-08-2017, 14:38   #92
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

If i said my piece to Pritchard i would be ejected.no doubt at all so i will not go near the place.
Old 08-08-2017, 15:54   #93
God Member

Still remember Eric Whalley asking him to vacate the clubhouse (not his exact words of course)
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 16:49   #94

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
If i said my piece to Pritchard i would be ejected.no doubt at all so i will not go near the place.
C'mon, Cashy, why not think like Macca, & attend for a bit of balance!

Living nearby, & using Highams on a daily basis,(sorry, Northern Soul, it is to excercise my dogs, & a by-product is that they also cr4p, but, as a responsible citizen, I do clean up!), also being an admirer of what the trust is achieving, I have mixed feelings about this proposal.... I tend to agree with others, that Livingstone road should be the preferred option, maybe it is not too late to convince the current leaseholders that this could also be to their advantage?

I have read & re-read this thread, to try & get a better feel of people's opinions, also read all the comments on the on-line petition, yet, I am still unsure, which is why I intend, as an interested resident, to attend this meeting, &, hopefully, hear both sides of the argument, providing both camps attend!

Hopefully see some of you there! I shall wear my Stanley top with my name on the back, so, please introduce yourself!
KiTChener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 16:55   #95

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Still remember Eric Whalley asking him to vacate the clubhouse (not his exact words of course)
That's probably because he is a Burnley supporter through n through, (despite living in Accy for almost all his life, & expecting the rest of us to keep him in office!) & yet would never say no to a freebie at the Crown!

EW had him sussed!!
AccyMad likes this.
Old 09-08-2017, 09:45   #96
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiTChener View Post
That's probably because he is a Burnley supporter through n through, (despite living in Accy for almost all his life, & expecting the rest of us to keep him in office!) & yet would never say no to a freebie at the Crown!

EW had him sussed!!
a councillor and a freebie go hand in hand like fish and chips. not just in accrington but anywhere in the country.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2017, 21:09   #97

Just 'bumping' this up, to remind anyone who is interested of the 'Public Meeting' at 6:30 tomorrow at St, Joseph's Church Hall.

Wonder if anyone from ASCT will attend?
The flyer received said they would, but Acc Obs last week said they denied all knowledge of the meeting!!

Hopefully a good turnout, whether for or against.
Old 15-08-2017, 21:49   #98
Senior Member+

They have said ASCT will be turning up without inviting them!

So they could turn round and say "They couldn't even be bothered to turn up to the meeting"
Old 15-08-2017, 21:51   #99
God Member

Martin Fearon has repeatedly said that they arent interested in public meetings until the full proposal is prepares. Besides which, he's on holiday I believe!
Old 16-08-2017, 06:01   #100

This is the kind of meeting the Trust should have organised before putting flyers through people's letter boxes basically saying what was going to happen by the time the full proposal is prepared it will be passed we all know that.
KiTChener likes this.
Shurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2017, 17:41   #101
God Member

Ooh its a bit busy
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1502905187051497451157.jpg (494.3 KB, 34 views)
Old 16-08-2017, 18:11   #102
God Member

That's what scaremongering & propoganda does for you - talking to a lady this morning who was under the impression that it was the football club who was moving on to Highams' & would be playing their home matches on there
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2017, 18:20   #103
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
That's what scaremongering & propoganda does for you - talking to a lady this morning who was under the impression that it was the football club who was moving on to Highams' & would be playing their home matches on there
Pritchard is very good at that. i have wiped better off the sole of me shoe.
Old 17-08-2017, 01:23   #104

Did anybody go along i.d love to know if it was as one sided as i.m told that it was
NORTHERNSOUL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2017, 05:53   #105

Quote:
Originally Posted by NORTHERNSOUL View Post
Did anybody go along i.d love to know if it was as one sided as i.m told that it was
Depends how you define 'one sided'!

Out of around 150 in the room, only 3 people, including our 'Council Leader', Miles Parkinson, were in favour of ASCT taking over Highams.

Miles kept on insisting that 'many more people are in favour of the proposal', but, on last night's evidence, I find that difficult to believe to say the least, as only two of the 'many' bothered to turn up!

As I have said before, I am a great admirer of what the Trust is achieving, but I think that they are making a terrible mistake in attempting to take away public space, upsetting local residents etc., and, in the end, the football club will suffer by implication, as their name is being used.

Any goodwill that Stanley have achieved in recent years will be destroyed if this proposal succeeds.
Shurm and melonhigh like this.

Last edited by KiTChener; 17-08-2017 at 05:56.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..