Accrington Web
   

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.


Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!



Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By StanleyJosh
  • 1 Post By Lord Stiffupperlip
  • 1 Post By Spartacus2nd
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2019, 11:54   #1
Full Member
 

Squad shake up and guessing players wages

In order to prevent thread wander I'll start a new thread on squad shake ups. None of us know a players wages so thats hypothetical, but we cant afford Messi who is on a reported national minimum wage every time he breathes (in or out), or blinks.
Spartacus2nd is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-04-2019, 12:05   #2
Coffin Dodger.

 
cashman's Avatar
 
Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!
Addiction Solitaire Champion!

Re: Squad shake up and guessing players wages

Many threads on accyweb wander also on other sites but are not closed still it dont shock me at all.
__________________
N.L.T.B.G.Y.D. Do not argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 14:43   #3
Full Member
 
StanleyJosh's Avatar
 

Re: Squad shake up and guessing players wages

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus2nd View Post
In order to prevent thread wander I'll start a new thread on squad shake ups. None of us know a players wages so thats hypothetical, but we cant afford Messi who is on a reported national minimum wage every time he breathes (in or out), or blinks.
Just for a laugh, I thought I'd do some Maths. (assuming Messi was to live in the UK)

Messi earns just over 85,000,000 a year.

A person breathes approximately 24,000 times a day.
The minimum wage for someone over 25 is currently 8.21 an hour.

8.21 x 24,000 = 197,040 per day, equating to being paid 8.21 for each breath.

197,040 x 365 days in a year = 71,919,600

Messi currently earns MORE a year, than if he was to be paid minimum wage for each breath.
Wow.
StanleyJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 15:02   #4
Full Member+
 
Lord Stiffupperlip's Avatar
 

Re: Squad shake up and guessing players wages

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyJosh View Post
Just for a laugh, I thought I'd do some Maths. (assuming Messi was to live in the UK)
Messi earns just over 85,000,000 a year.
A person breathes approximately 24,000 times a day.
The minimum wage for someone over 25 is currently 8.21 an hour.
8.21 x 24,000 = 197,040 per day, equating to being paid 8.21 for each breath.
197,040 x 365 days in a year = 71,919,600
Messi currently earns MORE a year, than if he was to be paid minimum wage for each breath.
Wow.
Thank God I can breathe for free!
monkey hanger likes this.
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 15:26   #5
Senior Member
 
choirboy's Avatar
 

Re: Squad shake up and guessing players wages

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Stiffupperlip View Post
Thank God I can breathe for free!

Just KEEP ON Breathing Lord S !


Ooops!
Four replies and we've wandered 'Off Thread' already!


Better get it closed pronto!
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 17:10   #6
Super Moderator

 
Mr T's Avatar
 

Re: Squad shake up and guessing players wages

On the Fleetwood thread, we then get a post with a figure that a player might or might not earn per week.
On the brief training I got as "forum admin" I was told to keep threads "relevant" to the topic and remove and or close anything that shouldn't be in the public domain.
Can't win; as usual !!
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 18:05   #7
Coffin Dodger.

 
cashman's Avatar
 
Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!
Addiction Solitaire Champion!

Re: Squad shake up and guessing players wages

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr T View Post
On the Fleetwood thread, we then get a post with a figure that a player might or might not earn per week.
On the brief training I got as "forum admin" I was told to keep threads "relevant" to the topic and remove and or close anything that shouldn't be in the public domain.
Can't win; as usual !!
Rubbish, any persons "Real Wages" should never be in the public domain, i reckon you have been done, regarding training which certainly aint your fault.
__________________
N.L.T.B.G.Y.D. Do not argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 20:05   #8
Full Member
 
StanleyJosh's Avatar
 

Re: Squad shake up and guessing players wages

Petition for Mark to get a pay rise!!?! Hahaha!
StanleyJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 20:51   #9
Full Member
 

Re: Squad shake up and guessing players wages

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyJosh View Post
Petition for Mark to get a pay rise!!?! Hahaha!
I heard hes on 6000 per month
cashman likes this.
Spartacus2nd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 20:53   #10
Full Member
 

Re: Squad shake up and guessing players wages

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyJosh View Post
Just for a laugh, I thought I'd do some Maths. (assuming Messi was to live in the UK)

Messi earns just over 85,000,000 a year.

A person breathes approximately 24,000 times a day.
The minimum wage for someone over 25 is currently 8.21 an hour.

8.21 x 24,000 = 197,040 per day, equating to being paid 8.21 for each breath.

197,040 x 365 days in a year = 71,919,600

Messi currently earns MORE a year, than if he was to be paid minimum wage for each breath.
Wow.

You forgot to factor in his 5 day a week training which accounts for the extra breaths required to take it to 85m. My fag packet Maths were on point
Spartacus2nd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 11:11   #11
Junior Member
 

Re: Squad shake up and guessing players wages

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus2nd View Post
You forgot to factor in his 5 day a week training which accounts for the extra breaths required to take it to 85m. My fag packet Maths were on point
You beat me to it!

I would accept a recount if SJ can work it out based on an elite level footballer - over to you Josh.

However I feel this can never truly be resolved until we get Messi himself to confirm how many times a day he breathes.

Leo, if youre reading mate, please let us know.

Last edited by RedSocks62; 03-04-2019 at 11:11. Reason: Managed to spell Josh incorrectly
RedSocks62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 16:16   #12
Full Member
 

Re: Squad shake up and guessing players wages

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSocks62 View Post
Leo, if youre reading mate, please let us know.
Itd be a lot more if he played for us!
Spartacus2nd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2019, 03:07   #13
Senior Member+
 
DAV007's Avatar
 

Re: Squad shake up and guessing players wages

I understand each players situation may be different, but do we still pay around 50% of each loan signings weekly wage if they are getting regular football?
__________________
Cashman - 2014 ASFC Fan Of The Year

Last edited by DAV007; 13-04-2019 at 03:11. Reason: Typo!
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools



Other sites of interest.. More town sites..




All times are GMT. The time now is 20:55.


2003-2013 AccringtonWeb.com


Page generated in 0.23479 seconds with 11 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1