Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-07-2012, 20:37   #16
Senior Member+

Re: St Mirren game

There's some bandits on the golf trip !,Saw coley and joe sat with proccy today,what's the odds of him ending up at Rochdale ?
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 29-07-2012, 20:41   #17
God Member

Sounds like it was a decent game and another good result for the first team

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2012, 20:46   #18

Hi all I'm a st mirren fan that attended today's game and thought I would give u my thoughts. Firstly what. Cracking club and friendly bunch u all were far better than the welcome and hostile atmosphere at Carlisle. As for the game I felt u tried to pass the ball around and play some nice football at times. We started the games with a lot of youngsters and squad players which didn't help but to be fair most of them will be in and around our first team squad at some point during the season.

I believe u play Carlisle in ur first competitive match in a couple of weeks, I think they will probably beat u but only because the were very physical and u lot looked a little bit light weight and will be out muscled. U certainly play better football than them but sadly that doesn't count for much in Britain. As for the grey hair thug in our team his name is Jim Goodwin I absolutely agree his tackling today was a disgrace and I'm only glad he didn't do anyone any serious damage.

Best of luck for the season ahead I will keep an eye out for ur results and as my work takes me to Darwen a lot I will try and attend a mid week match.

Last edited by Colinb; 29-07-2012 at 20:49.
Colinb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2012, 21:02   #19

Thanks for the compliments Colinb and the tips about Carlisle.

You are welcome anytime.
sherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2012, 21:39   #20
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Overall thought it was a good game, St Mirren caused our defence very little trouble all afternoon, The Jock fans a credit to em, andyd i doubt very much if that post was referring to people like you,so put yer dummy back in. The gate was very poor from accy people in my opinion n the lads deserved better, Cannot comment first hand on Millers goal, was gone fer a slash n missed it. Thought our keeper did pretty well over all,theres more to keeping than shot stopping n he showed it. made fer me a couple of over commitments in first half, but it did not detract from overall performance i thought, Totos defending was great, just needs to improve his passing n will go on to much bigger things imho, Well Done Reds.
Old 30-07-2012, 06:52   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
There's some bandits on the golf trip !,Saw coley and joe sat with proccy today,what's the odds of him ending up at Rochdale ?
Probably his level,mid table league 2
Old 30-07-2012, 15:28   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
Well impressed today,thought the midfield played really well with good technique and tempo,centre forward did ok as well
Played some decent stuff, but dunno if we'll get the ball in oppositions box enough to score lots of goals.

Thought Toto was different class, whole back 4 impressive and Gray up front looks like could be a real find
dannybiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2012, 16:22   #23
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
In reply to the post so called Accrington supporters not attending today I am a season ticket holder very rarely miss a home game and go to a few away games been to 3 pre season away fixtures including yesterday at Padiham. I like putting a bit of money to the smaller clubs and spent quite a bit in the bar yesterday today choose not to go but watched Dan,s live text doe,s that mean I am a part time supporter don,t think so.
You, sir, are honorably excluded from my remarks, which were aimed at the Accy public in general!
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2012, 16:38   #24
God Member

in my opinion friendlies should be aimed at the non regular fan, something attractive and priced to suit. For the regular fan its only real benefit is to satisfy the lack of football for two months.

I personally haven't been a fan of friendlies for many a long year, the lack of ANY atmosphere, the lack of edge to the game, the constant changing of personnel, the unfamiliarity of the line-ups, the guessing game of "who is he, he's awful", the annoyance of "who is he, get him signed, he's ace" -quickly followed by the aforementioned being released, the paying of a tenner or so for the privilege of all the other points.

There are obviously many for whom its a welcome return to a saturday without shopping bags and DIY shops, and the chance to cast their eyes judgementally over the new signing, but I'll never be one.
maccawozzagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2012, 18:29   #25
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
in my opinion friendlies should be aimed at the non regular fan, something attractive and priced to suit. For the regular fan its only real benefit is to satisfy the lack of football for two months.

I personally haven't been a fan of friendlies for many a long year, the lack of ANY atmosphere, the lack of edge to the game, the constant changing of personnel, the unfamiliarity of the line-ups, the guessing game of "who is he, he's awful", the annoyance of "who is he, get him signed, he's ace" -quickly followed by the aforementioned being released, the paying of a tenner or so for the privilege of all the other points.

There are obviously many for whom its a welcome return to a saturday without shopping bags and DIY shops, and the chance to cast their eyes judgementally over the new signing, but I'll never be one.
I enjoy em, fer reasons yeh stated Rob, Do agree they should be aimed more at non regulars n priced accordingly, was talking to one very occasional fan this morning n he said, enjoyed the game but won't pay a tenner fer another friendly. Thing is to me,if priced attractively, yeh may just get a few coming fer league games, if they get the taste, summat the club should consider in my view.
Old 30-07-2012, 18:52   #26
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
I enjoy em, fer reasons yeh stated Rob, Do agree they should be aimed more at non regulars n priced accordingly, was talking to one very occasional fan this morning n he said, enjoyed the game but won't pay a tenner fer another friendly. Thing is to me,if priced attractively, yeh may just get a few coming fer league games, if they get the taste, summat the club should consider in my view.
Or give anyone who attends a home friendly a ticket or something similar that could perhaps be used against a future League Two fixture to get a turnstile discount, it is all about incentives you get people through the gate you have half a chance of getting them to come back again and again but you also have to advertise and shout about it.

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2012, 19:12   #27

Would just like to say how much we enjoyed our trip to Accrington yesterday.

Great pubs (Castle, Oaklea and Crown) and a friendly welcome from the Stanley fans and staff. A marked contrast to the Carlisle game on Friday! A far more edgier affair altogether.

You were a tidy outfit on the field and I will be keeping an eye out for your results from now on. Particularly impressed with the big lad at the back who shackled Thommo and your young goal scorer. Fantastic finish!

Best of luck for the Carlisle cup game. They're pretty strong, particularly on the left wing and they shoot on sight But I've got a feeling you'll do them

Anyhoo, thanks again and with a bit of luck the clubs might make it a regular event.

All the best

Martin and the rest of the 'Blackpool Saints'
Seaside Saint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2012, 20:14   #28
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
You, sir, are honorably excluded from my remarks, which were aimed at the Accy public in general!

Thank you looking forward to Carlise trip.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2012, 11:12   #29

Great weekend, friendly fans, great atmosphere in the pubs, only thing i would have changed is would have liked to have been standing behind the goals as i miss standing at the football
Good luck in the upcoming season
facepainter87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2012, 11:27   #30
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Link to General St. Mirren Discussion - virtual west bank

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..