Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree67Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-08-2017, 18:11   #16
Senior Member+

Re: Stags thread

Great result, have that Evans !!!

What on EARTH was Chapman doing for their goal ?? Surely it's time for the big dane on Tuesday night ?
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-08-2017, 18:16   #17

Every time the ball was passed back to Chapman, he messed about before kicking it clear just before their forward could get to it. It was excruciating to watch. He didn't seem at all comfortable in his job today. Great Dane again on Tuesday, please.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
KiTChener and keep the faith like this.
Old 19-08-2017, 18:19   #18

This was surely a victory for 'right' over 'might'.
Stanley had to overcome a strong, organised, skilful team of giants in Mansfield, rightly tipped as this seasons promotion candidates.
A difficult task on any day. However, Stanley's job was made doubly difficult by one of the most inept & one sided performances by a referee I've witnessed.
Sometimes you lose games you should have won. Today was the opposite & Mansfield must be wondering how they lost it?
We defied all the odds today, but who cares? We're back on track.
keep the faith likes this.
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2017, 20:13   #19
God Member

Woke up with 88mins gone, checked score on phone,1-1, went back to sleep thinking 2 points dropped. Imagine my delight when I finally surfaced just now to see that the 'Messiah' scored a late winner.
Love you Billy Kee. adore you STANLEY.
yonmon likes this.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2017, 21:09   #20
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
Getting a bit animated in the stags dugout, Evens been talked to by the ref
just sorting out his wages
ferret man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2017, 21:12   #21
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post
Great result, have that Evans !!!

What on EARTH was Chapman doing for their goal ?? Surely it's time for the big dane on Tuesday night ?
He does tend to change keepers for cup games
Old 20-08-2017, 01:05   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferret man View Post
He does tend to change keepers for cup games
No I'm sorry I'm not letting this one go. In real time at the game I thought Chapman was at fault for Mansfields goal...HOWEVER, having watched the goal many times and in slow-mo, Angel definitely kicks the ball out of Chapmans hands. The ref should have blown for a foul it was not a goal. However, I too hope the Dane gets a run out against West Brom. I'd like to get another look at ......KTF....Up the Stanley...
AccyMad and Inspector Morse like this.
Crown Grounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2017, 07:27   #23
God Member

wish i could see the obvious penalty incident for us in the first half again. any clayton enders got a good view.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2017, 07:43   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
wish i could see the obvious penalty incident for us in the first half again. any clayton enders got a good view.

Yes. Stone cold penalty. Ref and liner want pulling up over it. Disgrace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 20-08-2017, 08:07   #25
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Not our best display by a mile, but the lads never gave up and nicked it at the death, Well done stanley, The Ref was a complete JOKE refused a blatant penalty for us when only 6-8 ft away looking straight at it with a clear view.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowandzen View Post
Yes. Stone cold penalty. Ref and liner want pulling up over it. Disgrace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
"2" Clayton enders here mate, plus everyone around us were going spare, to me it wasn't even a mistake that.its cheating for some reason.
Old 20-08-2017, 08:14   #26
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown Grounder View Post
No I'm sorry I'm not letting this one go. In real time at the game I thought Chapman was at fault for Mansfields goal...HOWEVER, having watched the goal many times and in slow-mo, Angel definitely kicks the ball out of Chapmans hands. The ref should have blown for a foul it was not a goal. However, I too hope the Dane gets a run out against West Brom. I'd like to get another look at ......KTF....Up the Stanley...
Your not letting What go. Read my post again and you will find I am not knocking Chapman, just stating Coley does tend to change keepers in cup games.
Old 20-08-2017, 08:27   #27
Senior Member+

so much discussion over the penalty appeal & mansfield goal, I havn't got the benefit of slow-mo but looking at the real-time action it looked to me like Chapman tried a double fisted punch at the ball, the penalty appeal was not visable from where I sat, maybe Stanley should put for sale a match c/d, I see Crown Grounder has seen it in slow-mo can you tell me where it is available in slow-mo please
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2017, 08:46   #28

https://twitter.com/mshacks/status/898917797882982400

Video of penalty
Old 20-08-2017, 09:31   #29
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dav1d View Post
Dav1d:Thanks for the link for the review of the penalty appeal, from where the Ref. was he had a perfect view, I just can't understand his reasoning in disallowing the penalty, any thoughts on the Mansfield goal
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2017, 09:37   #30
Senior Member+

Great result against quality opponents.
I have a good feeling about this season !!!
Keep it going lads KTF
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..