Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree67Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-08-2017, 10:01   #31
Senior Member+

Re: Stags thread

after trawling through sites for a slow_mo of the match I found this video uploaded by (sampa kooora hd tv) If you click the tool wheel at the bottom of the screen it gives you the option to view at different speeds still not convinced chapman had the ball in his hands though
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...28&FORM=VRDGAR
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-08-2017, 10:06   #32
Senior Member+

A slightly different view of the match:
Report: Accrington Stanley 2 - 1 Mansfield Town | Stagsnet | Match Reports
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2017, 10:11   #33
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
To be fair i think that view is pretty accurate.
Old 20-08-2017, 10:16   #34
God Member

I think one of the only bits I agree with him about was his description of the 'hapless referee' - slight taste of sour grapes in the account but hey, we got the three points & it's always a bonus to send that nice Mr. Evans (who apparently complained to the stewards that he was being abused by our fans, as if!) home with his tail between his legs
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2017, 10:21   #35
God Member

Certainly describing Jackson being "held off" in the box by their White is fair, if not exactly accurate.
I've seen Mick McManus "hold off" opponents less effectively than that.
AccyMad, yonmon and monkey hanger like this.
Exile on Spencer St is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2017, 10:38   #36
God Member

I think it might have been written by the bloke from Mansfield's press who was sat behind us, he described the incident as 'Jackson went down looking to buy a penalty but the referee rightly waved it away' & then when Billy scored the winner announced it was the ugliest goal he'd ever seen - ever so slightly biased reporting
Old 20-08-2017, 10:45   #37

That penalty decision is shocking. Wonder how it looked to the ref - it's so blatant that surely he must have been unsighted, or it looked vastly different from his angle?

What's the word on the Accy streets about Billy Kee? I was blissfully unaware this GBH trouble was brewing. Hope it's not shades of Bowyer and Woodgate.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2017, 11:10   #38
Senior Member+

Billy looks like being ok - Tomlin less so.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2017, 11:19   #39
Senior Member+

What actually happened?
Old 20-08-2017, 11:37   #40

The whole Clayton End thought it was a stonewall penalty at the time, the video just proves we were all right.
The biggest giveaway, shown clearly on the video, was the way their goalie gathered the ball without any contact from anyone, then feigned a head injury to try & distract the ref.
Like an imbecile, the ref fell for it hook, line & sinker!
monkey hanger likes this.
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2017, 11:46   #41
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
I think one of the only bits I agree with him about was his description of the 'hapless referee' - slight taste of sour grapes in the account but hey, we got the three points & it's always a bonus to send that nice Mr. Evans (who apparently complained to the stewards that he was being abused by our fans, as if!) home with his tail between his legs
What about his take on Jacksons goal? 100% spot on imho
Old 20-08-2017, 11:56   #42
God Member

True Cashy but he let himself down with most of the other stuff he wrote
Old 20-08-2017, 12:08   #43
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
True Cashy but he let himself down with most of the other stuff he wrote
Have to say i agree with most of it, thought a point was a fair result, though aint complaining about 3,
Old 20-08-2017, 12:50   #44
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Stiffupperlip View Post
...The biggest giveaway, shown clearly on the video, was the way their goalie gathered the ball without any contact from anyone, then feigned a head injury to try & distract the ref.
Looking at the (excellent) video from the Clayton End, I think the Mansfield defender who had to leap over his goalie just landed on the keeper's finger with the heel of his boot. Their keeper was right to make a meal of it, it probably ruined his nail varnish.
Exile on Spencer St is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2017, 15:19   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferret man View Post
Your not letting What go. Read my post again and you will find I am not knocking Chapman, just stating Coley does tend to change keepers in cup games.
Fair point........................and I also expect a change on Tuesday night.
Crown Grounder is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..