Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2004, 17:54   #1
jay

stand

i know this probably doesnt apply to you lads but evryone sign this and bring standing back to the premiership:
http://www.petitiononline.com/standup/petition-sign.html

http://www.standupsitdown.co.uk

cheers.

jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 07-08-2004, 17:59   #2
Member.

Re: stand

Is this going to cost us a dollar jay, like the other petitions posted by this group?
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 19:42   #3

It wont happen mate, its just safety issues. You can stand all you want, but you will be only told to sit down.

It does annoy me not being able to stand though.
slater_scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2004, 16:37   #4
Senior Member+

Bearing in mind that I have stewarded at both Old Trafford and the JJB stadium, the issue about standing is purely for safety reasons (came in after Hillsborough). In fact whilst stewarding at Old Trafford the local authority threatened to close one stand down due to fans wishing to stand. I can sympathise with those who prefer the old fashioned terracing but Ground Safety is every fans concern.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2004, 22:29   #5
Senior Member+

Used to be against it but now its the norm and ok the last prem match at Anfield was excellent, good footy, good view,good grub.The last time I stood there was a nasty little 12yr old in front of me picking his nose and rubbed it on my coat then he nearly cried when he dropped his pie, it was only a small nudge.

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..