Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-05-2006, 21:52   #16

Re: Stanley Fanzine Idea

If you read my post, youll see I didn't knock the older fans in any way, I merely said that they must understand that a new generation of supporters in inevitable
Old 28-05-2006, 21:56   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey
Bit like most of the ultras then
The words touch-paper, blue, and lit come to mind.

Oh, and your also wrong.
Old 28-05-2006, 22:12   #18
I am Banned

well just have a bit of respect for the older supporters and youll get on a bit better hope your not here just for the glory years just dont try an act elitist its not good for the ultras image wot u need is a good publicist why not try and discuss the football team and not me me me[youself]
waltergalbraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2006, 22:18   #19
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by waltergalbraith
theres no bitterness or jealousy just stating a fact oh and the clothhat brigade are the ones who kept the club goin through the lean years a bit disrespectful there why not try and get some good publicity and say we are servants to accrrington stanley not vice versa you are welcome to create a good atmosphere but you are not accrington stanley there was other supporters here before you
Many of that group have been going for a decade or more. A good portion for two decades. Many of that group are still around school leaving age and have been going since the Unibond days. There is a blend of youth for the future support and experienced campaigners who have seen far worse days than the current ones. Not one member of the Ultras would have a bad word to say about the cloth cappers who have done their bit. Their is still room for such servants and their is also room for a new breed. Embrace it rather than fighting it.

Keep yours eyes and ears open and there will be developments before the league season is commenced.

As for the other comments;

The whole point of getting on the telly and frequent radio shows is that Stanley is kept in the public domain. Anybody can contribute to that. If you have the idea for getting on a particular show then you and your friends can get on it. I wouldn't have minded being on various things but its up to those people to whom the idea was borne. As far as other ideas are concerned why not pester the local papers letter pages with various gripes or praise.

The Ultras are personified by a group of people who congregate behind the goal and make a racket. But they are not the be all and all. "Ultra" is a movement or idea not a club. If you display an ASFC car flag then in a small way you are Ultra-ing, pinning your badge on your lapel of your Sunday Suit could be said to be Ultra. Everybody who has been or is an active member of the Supporters Club is maxing their support of ASFC, which is a trait of Ultra-ism. A band of people choose to be Ultra by putting on displays of colour and noise that are envied by supporters of clubs the length and breadth of Britain. What we lack in numbers is made up for by fervour and enthusiasm.

By the end of next season you will know exactly what the Ultras are about.

Get over the Ultra website and have a look about. You will discover that it is not a self -appreciation society but more of a case of people trying to enhance the reputation and profile of the club we love.

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Last edited by maccawozzagod; 28-05-2006 at 22:26.
maccawozzagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2006, 22:37   #20
I am Banned

and what developements are they how do you join the ultras is membership open to everyone ultras started in italy started by musolinni a fascist movement to supprt the state owned clubs get ur facts right
Old 28-05-2006, 22:44   #21
God Member

Quote:
and what developements are they how do you join the ultras is membership open to everyone ultras started in italy started by musolinni a fascist movement to supprt the state owned clubs get ur facts right
you need to learn punctuation mate cos its hard to understand your ramblings when their is no punctuation marks it all just rolls into one and their is no membership does it not say in my post that anybody can Ultra cos it is a movement or idea rather than a club and i am well aware that it started in italy but fascism has got nowt to do wi'owt over here so get ur facts right because i never claimed otherwise

Full stop
Old 28-05-2006, 22:44   #22
Senior Member+

Quote:
Fantastic let's all stop using punctuation doubt if you'd make any sense if you did anyway

Now it’s out in the open, there are no secrets at the club.
Oggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2006, 22:45   #23
Senior Member+

Quote:
There is no membership mate, and as far as "get your facts right" well you obviously no nothing about the uk ultras movement.

p.s. what exactly have we done to offend you???
AccyStanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2006, 22:56   #24
I am Banned

nothin just like to have a lively discussion before bedtime he he i think ill start a discussion about football tomoz cause cant remember last one that was on message board i never said i knew anything about uk utras only one i know about is the blue order and if there is no membership why are you saying what exactly have we [we] done to offend you?.............
Old 28-05-2006, 23:01   #25
Senior Member+

As we're playing Rochdale next season, maybe a couple of quotes from Gracie Fields wouldn't come amiss.

Walter! Walter! Lead me to the altar,
And make all my nightmares come true.

Walter! Walter! Lead me to the altar,
It's either the Workhouse or you.

Get a life, pal

Old 28-05-2006, 23:31   #26
Senior Member+

Another reason why I "sometimes" doubt why I bother.....

Very easy to hide behind a log in & mock. If people weren't aware, my first game at Accy was 1983 & I was 10 years old. I joined the Army & missed alot because of tours etc, A reason I wasn't around for some of the adventures in the 1990's. Big friggin deal.......

I have lots of pride & envy for the fans that travelled with ASFC at that time but at the end of the day whatever anyone has done for our club in the past in reality all that matters is what you do in the future.

Forget TV appearances.... Out of the people at the meeting to introduce new ideas there were 3 members of the Barbados lads so wind your ****in necks in

Either help & encourage, or keep quiet

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2006, 23:37   #27

Jase, just admit your a media whore and be done with it

Some of the posters on here rank of jealousy, without any reason for it. I've had a few people say to me "Oh, why were those on SoccerAM there? I never seen them in 1990!" etc sort of comments, it's pathetic.

The Ultras are a good thing, and Jase has put more money, time and effort into helping the club than the people slagging him off have.

If somebody actually has a reason why they dislike the Ultras, please, by all means share it. But make some sense whilst your at it!

Best Drummer in the land
7/4/2007
The Day The Ultras Formed The Cowshed Choir
Diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2006, 23:50   #28
God Member

and back to the fanzine anybody?
Old 28-05-2006, 23:54   #29
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel
Jase, just admit your a media whore and be done with it

Some of the posters on here rank of jealousy, without any reason for it. I've had a few people say to me "Oh, why were those on SoccerAM there? I never seen them in 1990!" etc sort of comments, it's pathetic.

The Ultras are a good thing, and Jase has put more money, time and effort into helping the club than the people slagging him off have.

If somebody actually has a reason why they dislike the Ultras, please, by all means share it. But make some sense whilst your at it!
MEdia Whore Oh hell i

But seriously, if we hadn't applied when we did then we wouldn't have got on this season.... Is that good for ASFC?

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2006, 00:13   #30
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod
and back to the fanzine anybody?
Yes, let's get away from this Ultra sensitivity.

Don't really think it would sell, post t'internet etc., not saying it's not a bad idea, and I think there would be enough contributors, but don't we have it already on here, to some extent.

However, putative title; Where's the F in roof ?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..