Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree127Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2015, 07:47   #151
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Stanley Fund Raising

Quote:
Originally Posted by smobile View Post
We'll see who the buyers are when the names are published in the roll of honour which was part of the deal.
Well i aint holding me breath mate.
Old 06-01-2015, 07:57   #152
God Member

I don't think I'm breaking any official secrets act if I tell you there are 130 seperate buyers
Old 06-01-2015, 13:52   #153

Man Utd tickets SOLD OUT - Accrington Stanley FC
DAV007 likes this.
StanleyAccrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 14:07   #154
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyAccrington View Post
I've only had one real gripe this season and that was the return of the pezzy paper notepads for season tickets. Now they're just throwing blank real tickets around the place and using them for promotional images on the website?!
Red-Osbornello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 14:10   #155
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyAccrington View Post
They'll be up to £100 on fleabay by the weekend ....
Old 06-01-2015, 14:44   #156
Senior Member+

“All the monies generated from the commemorative tickets will be used towards helping John and Jimmy strengthen the squad"
Peter Marsden on 4 January.

"Any avenue that we can explore to try to bring funds into the club has got to be explored"
John Coleman on 4 January

"I can assure our supporters that we did not do this for the money"
Peter Marsden on 6 January

Someone speak with forked tongue.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 15:25   #157
Senior Member+

Absolute fool.

I would love to know where all our wonderful board members are at this time of financial crisis??

I see Peter Shaw stepped down the other week, no doubt as he was asked for a few quid.

The whole situation absolutely STINKS and im sick to death of it.

If it wasnt for Rangers in Scotland I really do think we would be the total laughing stock of British league football.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 15:29   #158
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
“All the monies generated from the commemorative tickets will be used towards helping John and Jimmy strengthen the squad"

"Any avenue that we can explore to try to bring funds into the club has got to be explored"

Utter bollards in my view. This to me is treating supporters as complete fools.
Old 06-01-2015, 15:33   #159
Senior Member+

[QUOTE=Revived Red;1128624]“All the monies generated from the commemorative tickets will be used towards helping John and Jimmy strengthen the squad"

[/QUOTE

Have they let him out of the straight jacket yet?
Chubbyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 16:38   #160
God Member

Whatever we all may have thought about this promo, well done the club, and my hat is tipped to ever it was that dreamed the scheme up.
DAV007 likes this.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 17:12   #161
Senior Member+

[QUOTE=smudgie;1128633]Absolute fool.
I see Peter Shaw stepped down the other week, no doubt as he was asked for a few quid.

I presume that you have some evidence to support this statement ?.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 19:32   #162
rob

Wasn't a fan of the idea at all when I first heard about it, and still not a fan of it now. Not at all. But I am happy that it raised the £5k - the club always needs the money.

I do think though that we can take some positives from our very negative reaction.

Maybe it is a British thing, while we are happy on the whole to poke fun at ourselves, and can cope with people doing so to us, we are very protective of things we love and care about.

You really can call me all the names under the sun - some people do - you can laugh at me and poke fun at me, and I will let it go over my head and chuckle at your attempts to get me to bite. But if you try to take the **** out of something I love and care deeply about – a family member, a good friend, or ineed my football club – I will react.

We even do it ourselves, to one another we call our small ground that is falling apart in places, the 'tinpot' quirks we know and love, and the way we have to all dig in to get things done. Yet if someone from another club dares to make a disparaging remark about our stadium, then they will get a reaction!

I think our true supporters could see what was going to happen – barrage of abuse from rival clubs – and reacted accordingly.

Perhaps we should all have been more worried if we hadn’t cared about our club being ridiculed – albeit only by a section of people, appreciate it got some good publicity too – if nobody had got upset about it then it would have indicated nobody cares?

Just my thoughts – now who do we play in the next round and is it on the television?

On Stanley On,

Rob
rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 19:34   #163
Senior Member+

evidence smudgie?

well done peter marsden and the staff, i didnt think it wold work but well done on selling all the tickets.
MikeA likes this.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 19:49   #164
God Member

I'm with Chimer, Rob and () Davo on this. I thought it was embarrassing and wouldn't work, but it wasn't and did.
So let's get over it and the Shakers in the same week.
Chimer likes this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 19:50   #165
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
evidence smudgie?

well done peter marsden and the staff, i didnt think it wold work but well done on selling all the tickets.
Did you get your sequined purse out?
Chubbyman is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..