Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree127Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2015, 15:09   #16
bdc

Re: Stanley Fund Raising

Don't really think this will catch on to be honest, especially at £20 for a "ticket."

The FA Cup run was for 2 rounds, not really a proper cup run really. If it sells then fair enough but just seems a strange idea IMO.
bdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-01-2015, 15:11   #17
Full Member+

I'm a bit baffled by this one, I've got to admit.

Good on anyone involved for trying something new but I'd be interested to hear how much this ends up raising. I also wonder if it'll leave a sour taste in anyone's mouth being reminded of how close we got as a means of making money (it doesn't with me, just a thought).
Red-Osbornello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 15:12   #18
God Member

I'm lost for words - sorry & I'm all for fund raising when we can but this just makes us look more than a little bit sad, just my opinion & who knows it could work but sorry - it just doesn't float my boat
yerself likes this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 15:15   #19

This is a daft idea.

I do appreciate the club are up against it and people are trying their hardest. But come on, this is ridiculous.

Isn't just they had some tickets printed before the replay and want to find something they can do with them?!
yerself and AccyMad like this.
Potter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 15:16   #20

You have to ask is £5000 worth the embarrassment this gives the club, who the hell comes up with these ideas, totally clueless
johnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 15:18   #21
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Did Jim Bowen come up wi this un?
Chubbyman likes this.
Old 04-01-2015, 15:18   #22

And what great timing: as we sit here watching the 'what could have been tie vs Man Utd'
AccyMad likes this.
Old 04-01-2015, 15:19   #23
Senior Member+

We struggle to get 250 people now to pay £20 a ticket for a normal league game never mind for one that never happened!

I'm sorry but this is just a massive fail! Its actually embarrassing how desperate this looks! Just say it to yourself..." We are selling tickets for £20 for a game that never happened'. I'm sorry but this is just a pathetic commercial idea! I've never heard anything like it!

The people that are clearly trying need to just step down from trying as these ideas are getting worse....

Like ash said , 250 limited edition scarves? 250 limited edition shirts? Something along them lines but 250 tickets , a piece of paper to remind us what never happened for £20 is just nuts!

If these are the ideas that are coming from the club then no wonder we have no money !
AccyMad likes this.

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 15:34   #24

Already being reported by the Guardian - Accrington sell tickets for Manchester United game that will never happen | Football | The Guardian

Embarrassing for the club. Coley says he wants to shake off the 'little Accy' tag, yet things like this happen.
StanleyAccrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 15:49   #25
Senior Member+

I must have been tired driving back from Exeter...I've just woken and it must be April 1st......
Chubbyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 15:56   #26
Senior Member+

Quite staggering.

Absolute embarrassment.

Who on EARTH comes up with these ideas???!?!?!??!
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 15:58   #27
God Member

And we wonder Stanley managed to gain the reputation of being a 'Tin-Pot' outfit from.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 16:03   #28
Resting in Peace

I can hear the side splitting laughter from the direction of Morecambe from where I'm sitting.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 16:04   #29
Senior Member+

As Ash has said, new scarves, shirts etc etc anything but this crap.

Promote the hospitality....... Ever since Faye left, the clubs marketing has gone down the drain, along with numbers paying for the hospitality.

Tin Pot........ and quite frankly..... Embarrassing.
DAV007 likes this.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 16:05   #30
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

About as unprofessional as it gets.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..