Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree127Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2015, 12:08   #91

Re: Stanley Fund Raising

Currently the third most read story on the BBC...

Getting so much stick for this at work.
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 05-01-2015, 12:13   #92
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Is this not illegal? some kinda fraud? it seems so to me.
Old 05-01-2015, 12:40   #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Is this not illegal? some kinda fraud? it seems so to me.
Cashy, if we buy one it will cost us £20, plus £12 postage. I think that will include insurance

If you buy one it will cost £20, plus £1 postage.
Better check if your one will be insured.

I always thought Pantomimes were staged before not after Christmas.
Aussie Irene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 13:15   #94
Senior Member+

Who is actually running our Football Club on a daily basis?

Who and where are these 15+ directors who come on board not so long ago, Each with experience in different fields (Marketing, Advertising etc)

Last but not least, Anyone got Dave O'Neils phone number?
Old 05-01-2015, 13:27   #95

Hey all, I just read the story and thought it was quite funny (as a supporter of another club). I understand it can be frustrating when your club gets negative press and there's little you can do about it. Hope the media attention helps generate a bit more income or a game against United even, so something positive comes out of it. Meanwhile, if anyone fancies buying a framed print to go with your ticket, I've knocked this up, Herrera's goal against you from yesterday's game. Just kidding

sparkie, smudgie, Redraine and 4 others like this.
LFCIGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 13:32   #96

Really hope discussions are being had at the club today about scrapping this rubbish idea. It's already caused enough embarrassment within 24 hours without allowing it to rumble on and actually going through with it.

If the club can find 250 people who are sound of mind enough to buy these tickets then I'll eat the proverbial hat.
StanleyAccrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 13:50   #97
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Yeh may just end up eating it mate. Theres many dickheads in this world so 250 aint that many.
Old 05-01-2015, 13:56   #98

All joking aside, I’m struggling to think of anything more embarrassing, cringe worthy, or for want of a better word idiotic to come out of the club in my 30 years of following the reds. And there’s been some howlers over the years. We are getting absolutely hammered in the press and on social media. I believe it’s also been picked up by North-West Tonight – so the damage is already done. I know we are forever skint, but was the £5000 this was intended to generate really worth the ridicule ?

The staggering thing for me is how it got as far as the website. This was not just a hasty post on twitter – this idea has worked it’s way up from inception, through an approval process presumably including the manager and Mr Peter Marsden.

Out of touch does not even get close. The people making these decisions didn’t need fancy market research or surveys, they could have just spoke to any supporter at any game and asked them what they thought of it. They would have been left in no doubt what a crackpot notion it was.

We struggle to get people to pay £20 for an actual football match, what hope for a fantasy one ? I’m all for memorabilia and limited edition stuff related to Stanley, Ebay is awash with it – but not this, not in a million years.

What next ?

Print some period programmes for the last 2 home games in February 1962 against Stockport & Rochdale which we couldn’t afford to print and limit them to 100, maybe get them signed and numbered – I’d buy one.

Or if you really want a fantasy game, do one for the scheduled home game v Exeter on March 10th 1962.

Anything but not this.
smobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 14:03   #99

If no ASFC fans want these tickets - and, let's face it, they shouldn't - then the club should try to exploit Manchester United's foreign fanbase instead.

From the millions that support them across the globe, it shouldn't be too hard to find 250 daft enough to buy these tickets.

Also interesting to see that the story was published on Twitter, but not the club's Facebook page. Obviously the media department are the only ones savvy enough to see how moronic this idea is and the backlash that would come from it.
StanleyAccrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 14:10   #100
Senior Member+

I believe over 70 have been sold to date
Chubbyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 14:59   #101
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by smobile View Post
Print some period programmes for the last 2 home games in February 1962 against Stockport & Rochdale which we couldn’t afford to print and limit them to 100, maybe get them signed and numbered – I’d buy one.

Or if you really want a fantasy game, do one for the scheduled home game v Exeter on March 10th 1962.

Anything but not this.
Now, that's not a bad idea, smobile. As a mug punter for Stanley memorabilia especially connected with the club's history, I'd certainly buy them!
Old 05-01-2015, 15:05   #102
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubbyman View Post
Wonder how many of those are ManU knobheads? theres loads of em.
Old 05-01-2015, 15:09   #103
Super Moderator

Incidentally, I wonder what Man U think about the whole thing? They've had their name associated with something that is fast becoming a national joke, and did the club ask their permission before printing their name on the fantasy tickets? I can't see their heartstrings being "tugged" very much after this!
Old 05-01-2015, 15:23   #104
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

I have been informed that a certain very prominent Stanley figure usually posts all club projects on twitter? But in this instance sod all!!as i dont use it this is obviously second hand, but from a very good source.
Old 05-01-2015, 15:43   #105
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubbyman View Post
With all the media attention generated, it may be that the full allotment of 250 are eventually sold. We certainly need the money.

However, I'm concerned that the damage to the Club's reputation can only make future (and even existing) sponsors think twice before associating their name with such a gaffe-ridden Club.
Whalley Red is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..