Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree127Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2015, 15:44   #106

Re: Stanley Fund Raising

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
I have been informed that a certain very prominent Stanley figure usually posts all club projects on twitter? But in this instance sod all!!as i dont use it this is obviously second hand, but from a very good source.
Guessing that you're referring to Mr Heys?
StanleyAccrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 05-01-2015, 15:46   #107
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalley Red View Post
With all the media attention generated, it may be that the full allotment of 250 are eventually sold. We certainly need the money.

However, I'm concerned that the damage to the Club's reputation can only make future (and even existing) sponsors think twice before associating their name with such a gaffe-ridden Club.
Thats it in a nutshell as far as i'm concerned.
Old 05-01-2015, 15:46   #108
Senior Member+

Il put my hat in the ring. Peter Marsden or whoever is coming out with these ideas , put it through me first , and il ask around to get some feedback from some of the fans before you go and commit commercial suicide .... Or just put it through other people!

Many a times on an away day the lads and other supporters have come up with plenty of ideas to create money at the club and how it can be modernised for a bigger market and especially for the younger generation and families!

Maybe you should ask 10 people before you do these kind of things or ask for ideas from Stanley fans as obviously the person coming up with these ideas and Peter Marsden approving them clearly can't see this is not only mocking our club but committing commercial suicide.

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 15:47   #109
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyAccrington View Post
Guessing that you're referring to Mr Heys?
No certainly not, are yeh stumped?
Old 05-01-2015, 15:48   #110
Full Member+

I have been trying to put my thoughts together to post on here since I heard this, but sadly I am still a little lost for words. Deeply insulted is the nearest I can get, and I have only been a fan since the conference. I dread to think how the longer-standing fans feel. A horrendous error of judgement.
cashman likes this.
Old 05-01-2015, 15:52   #111
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalley Red View Post
With all the media attention generated, it may be that the full allotment of 250 are eventually sold. We certainly need the money.

However, I'm concerned that the damage to the Club's reputation can only make future (and even existing) sponsors think twice before associating their name with such a gaffe-ridden Club.
Agreed, and if they are all sold, those in charge will see it as a vindication of the idea, as they're far too shortsighted to see the long-term harm it's doing to the club's image.
cashman and smobile like this.
Old 05-01-2015, 15:54   #112
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Agreed, and if they are all sold, those in charge will see it as a vindication of the idea, as they're far too shortsighted to see the long-term harm it's doing to the club's image.
They could even up this fiasco total to 500.they are that thick imho.
Wynonie Harris likes this.
Old 05-01-2015, 15:54   #113

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
No certainly not, are yeh stumped?
Ah, Bumble then!

He did retweet the club's tweet about the tickets yesterday afternoon, if that counts as putting the club projects on Twitter.
Old 05-01-2015, 16:05   #114

Just been on radio 2 about it.

Clowns.
smobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 16:11   #115

Referring back to Mr Heys. Apart from his obvious antics.... which I dont condone

The guy did a much better job single handed than the 10/15 'directors' that are running the club nowadays!

Answer on a postcard - Because he knew the club! He was a fan! he approached things from our perspective!
smobile likes this.
Old 05-01-2015, 16:19   #116
Senior Member+

Only 48 left
Chubbyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 16:19   #117
Senior Member+

Currently the subject of a phone-in on BBC Radio WM's tea-time show, based in Birmingham. They know someone who's bought one so are asking people to phone if they've got a ticket for something that never happened!
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 16:29   #118

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubbyman View Post
Only 48 left
None left now. All been sold.
Old 05-01-2015, 16:30   #119
Senior Member+

There's no such thing as bad publicity ......

Lighten up chaps , as it was suggested I should when you were kicking one another to death last week .

The real joke is the way you're all reacting - thought we knew how to take a joke from bitter, milky experience!!

Old 05-01-2015, 16:34   #120
Senior Member+

I wouldn't have bought one.......
Who is this mystery club called Manchester United.....
I've never heard of them!
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..