Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree32Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-04-2014, 15:30   #16
Senior Member+

Re: Stanley Safe

Nobody asked you to type anything, we can all count and know the odds. You're entitled to your opinion, mine is, we,re safe.
ossy kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-04-2014, 17:19   #17
Resting in Peace

Yes, but some of us get scrambled brains without someone to help us to work it out!
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2014, 18:10   #18
Senior Member+

Guys..........
We will only be fully "SAFE" when TWO teams cannot possibly catch us!
Until then I am continuing to feel quite nervous!!!!
I was relieved that most of the reults in the bottom third of the league went 'for us' on monday...
Still all to play for in my opinion.

COME ON YOU REDS
smudgie likes this.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2014, 19:17   #19
God Member

There could be another twist to this, Wimbledon have been charged with fielding an ineligible player in their win against Cheltenham & could receive a points deduction.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2014, 19:31   #20
Senior Member+

What is the normal reduction?
3 points and fine?
10 points?
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2014, 06:16   #21
God Member

It would have to be a deduction of ten points to put the Wombles in danger. Seem to recall Stanley faced this problem during the reign of Professor Coleman, but can't recall the outcome, assuming I'm remembering correctly?
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2014, 06:52   #22

12 Grand fine (half of that suspended) and that was for TWO players.

BBC SPORT | Football | My Club | Accrington Stanley | Accrington avoid points deduction
smobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2014, 09:56   #23

Normal punishment is a fine and any points gained from the matches in which the ineligible player played deducted. However, a Premier League Club (Sunderland I think) have avoided the points deduction this season on the grounds that it was a misunderstanding over international clearance so depends on why he was ineligible and the stance the Football League take.
Lost in Cornwall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2014, 10:05   #24
God Member

Could be the same "international" excuse as I believe the lad came from a Scottish team.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2014, 14:15   #25
God Member

I read that the lad had played in two games after the Cheltenham one so IF the FA are consistent it would be a nine point deduction - probably not enough to put them in direct danger but maybe enough to make them a tad nervous
Old 23-04-2014, 14:29   #26
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
I read that the lad had played in two games after the Cheltenham one so IF the FA are consistent it would be a nine point deduction - probably not enough to put them in direct danger but maybe enough to make them a tad nervous
How do yeh get that conclusion if it was 9pts Di? Sure they got 56 pts?? so 9 off that would be direct danger?? unless i'm missing summat?
Old 23-04-2014, 15:41   #27
Senior Member+

If AccyMad's right, they only got 4 points in those 3 games, so surely wouldn't be deducted more than that?

Then again, this is football administration we're talking about so anything could happen!
Old 23-04-2014, 15:57   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
Ianray reckons we are safe.
If it's good enough for ian, its good enough for me
hey DAV007 I've never commented yet unless i have in my sleep
cashman and smobile like this.
ianray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2014, 16:02   #29
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianray View Post
hey DAV007 I've never commented yet unless i have in my sleep
Hes got a vivid imagination, its were he comes from. He also tried to vote fer yeh in player of the season.
Wynonie Harris likes this.
Old 23-04-2014, 16:19   #30
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
How do yeh get that conclusion if it was 9pts Di? Sure they got 56 pts?? so 9 off that would be direct danger?? unless i'm missing summat?
Sorry if I confused you Cashy, wasn't sure how many points the wombles had amassed & like someone else has said if they do get a points deduction it might just be how many they gained in the three games the lad played in - we'll just have to wait & see, think their hearing is on 28th April

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..