Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree88Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2016, 08:38   #61
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Stanley Store

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red-Osbornello View Post
Cashy - Why would you boycott the Stanley Store just because the way they're selling online isn't to your liking? I'm assuming the store itself will still sell these items? You could still go in and buy merchandise if that's how you've always done it??

Also, purely out of curiosity, do you buy a shirt every season (or at all)? Just wondering how much this situation affects you?
Yeh got a couple of shirts plus other stuff.also buy occasionally for children. never bought one last season stripes plus that big square just aint for me.

Last edited by cashman; 11-07-2016 at 08:40.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 11-07-2016, 08:45   #62
God Member

come on lads lets calm down a bit. this is a thread about the stanley store and not a slagging off forum for people who see the club in different ways. at the end of the day if you purchase something on line the price you see plus postage is the price you pay. you don,t have to read carefully to see if its there. its not a club rip off but to me its a mistake that should be rectified.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 09:35   #63

I go to the store and find them really helpful every time. Thank you Stanley staff!
Old 11-07-2016, 10:57   #64
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPastry View Post
I go to the store and find them really helpful every time. Thank you Stanley staff!
So do i, but thats not an option for some fans, which is my point. some only consider themselves, for that i blame Thatcher.
Old 11-07-2016, 12:28   #65
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
come on lads lets calm down a bit. this is a thread about the stanley store and not a slagging off forum for people who see the club in different ways. at the end of the day if you purchase something on line the price you see plus postage is the price you pay. you don,t have to read carefully to see if its there. its not a club rip off but to me its a mistake that should be rectified.
What's the mistake with the online store? Some people may be able to purchase items excluding VAT, hence the reason items are shown VAT free, however, the amount of VAT is also listed and the full price plus VAT is also shown, I do not see the problem. eg if you go to Costco shopping, they also list items VAT free, with the small print showing how much the VAT is, which if you are not VAT registered you will have to pay. Same thing really.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 13:20   #66
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
So do i, but thats not an option for some fans, which is my point. some only consider themselves, for that i blame Thatcher.

Now its all Thatchers fault!

Makes a nice change from Sean McConville
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2016, 08:24   #67
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy View Post
What's the mistake with the online store? Some people may be able to purchase items excluding VAT, hence the reason items are shown VAT free, however, the amount of VAT is also listed and the full price plus VAT is also shown, I do not see the problem. eg if you go to Costco shopping, they also list items VAT free, with the small print showing how much the VAT is, which if you are not VAT registered you will have to pay. Same thing really.
sorry outback i can,t agree. for a start who are these people who can purchase items vat free as i,d like to join them all. just looked at a random 5 clubs that sell online through their shop and all adult shirts is pay the price shown which will include vat. never been to Costco but where i have purchased items vat is not mentioned, just the price you have to pay.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2016, 10:42   #68
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
sorry outback i can,t agree. for a start who are these people who can purchase items vat free as i,d like to join them all. just looked at a random 5 clubs that sell online through their shop and all adult shirts is pay the price shown which will include vat. never been to Costco but where i have purchased items vat is not mentioned, just the price you have to pay.
I never even heard of Costco, but wherever i been just the price yeh pay is displayed,
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 13-07-2016, 11:31   #69

Website is misleading. Not normal for non-trade websites to show price ex vat.

Still not as misleading as my optimism after last season's game against Wycombe.
Inspector Morse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2016, 12:45   #70
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
I never even heard of Costco, but wherever i been just the price yeh pay is displayed,
If you look on the O.A.S.S.C twitter page it says home and away shirts available from tomorrow in the Accrington market shop and displays the prices you pay presume you know where it is and have been in their Cashy?
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2016, 13:18   #71
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
If you look on the O.A.S.S.C twitter page it says home and away shirts available from tomorrow in the Accrington market shop and displays the prices you pay presume you know where it is and have been in their Cashy?
you presume right have been in and used it last season.
Old 13-07-2016, 19:04   #72
Junior Member+

What do people not get, the shirts are been sold on a business/consumer platform, hence the vat is shown separately, when you buy a shirt in any sports store or on the web you get a receipt and they show the vat broken out. That’s the law in the UK.

By selling these on this web site, one assumes there is cost savings to be made, not having to have a stand-alone web shop. Never mind the time of setting one up at this early stage.

It appears to me some on here, think the money is flowing in and there are no cash issues. One assumes the club is still trying to break even, so why add extra costs, when you can save cash using the web platform. I would say, it pretty good for the owner Andy (major shareholder that is) to be prepared to deal with the complexity of the issues in his own business, when it comes to buying and selling for a third party. (If that’s how it may be set up)

Buy your shirt and move on....
King Kev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2016, 17:08   #73
Senior Member+

Atleast we don't have to see this kit week in week out!

https://twitter.com/stevenagefc/stat...08141389475840

Last edited by baldy; 15-07-2016 at 17:10.
baldy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2016, 17:31   #74
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldy View Post
Atleast we don't have to see this kit week in week out!

https://twitter.com/stevenagefc/stat...08141389475840
No, but we still have to play the b*****s twice a season
monkey hanger likes this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2016, 23:13   #75
Senior Member+

Quote:
We will have to agree to disagree. Corporate business's that are VAT registered can buy items free of VAT through retail outlets. However, the ordinary guy or gal on the street cannot and must pay VAT at the going rate. Costco, by the way,is a large retail warehouse store where you can bulk buy. Mainly used by shop owners and businesses, but can be used by the general public.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..