Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-10-2004, 21:20   #1
Senior Member+

Stanley Red Ultras Supporters Club

As most are aware, I've invested/made a few large flags to add to the atmosphere & inject some colour home & away. Now I would like to take it to the next level & am using this forum for ideas / suggestions / opinions.

It is hoped to create a unofficial supporters club with its members made up of away travellers, singers, flag wavers & generally the more vocal supporters. We need a commitee, name, website, aims, forum, membership, etc. Especially need to know what the older regular away travellers think ie Eibo, Loweiy Cammy etc

I will do as I have done with the flags & take the lead but need to know your thoughts on both the concept & the name of the club "Stanley Red Ultras" is my suggestion & I'll be in charge of flags & banners, Mr Kipax will help with all things online but WHAT'D YA THINK.... I'm gonna carry on with more flags but this will give us a presence & some direction..............

All thoughts & opinions gratefully recieved -

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Last edited by Willie Miller; 26-10-2004 at 12:07.
Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 26-10-2004, 07:46   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Stanley Red Ultras Supporters Club

I think it's a top idea!!

I will give you all the help I can , what about the rest of you?
Old 26-10-2004, 08:14   #3

I also think this a quality idea, absolutley fantastic. I'll give you a bell about it tonight if you want and we'll see what we can do? about 7ish ok fella?

WAS A GREAT DAY FOR ENGLISH FOOTBALL................................

ACCRINGTON STANLEY ARE BACK....
Cammy ASFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2004, 09:55   #4

Wink Re: Stanley Red Ultras Supporters Club

Is this an Accringtonweb mutiny? I'm all for competition!
Old 26-10-2004, 11:42   #5
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskin
Is this an Accringtonweb mutiny? I'm all for competition!
Nothing to do with Accringtonweb mate, its hopefully a new "supporters club" whose sole aim is to increase the passion & colour seen on the Terraces both at the Crown & on our travels....

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2004, 12:02   #6
Senior Member+

I'm interested Jase......good idea mate
Smiffy16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2004, 12:18   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Miller
Nothing to do with Accringtonweb mate, its hopefully a new "supporters club" whose sole aim is to increase the passion & colour seen on the Terraces both at the Crown & on our travels....
I'm all for that and an alternative forum!!
Old 26-10-2004, 12:40   #8

Count me in fella.
Mik Griff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2004, 16:45   #9

Great idea!!! Count me in.
Stanleybabe
stanleybabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2004, 18:21   #10

Sounds a good idea mate, Ultras hehehe do we all have to wear burberry
Shurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2004, 19:53   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Miller
Sounds like a plan to me fella. I'm up for that. Maybe we should get some sort of meeting arranged in order get things moving...what do you think?
Old 26-10-2004, 21:28   #12
Senior Member+

Count me in Jase, I'll do all I can ..
simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2004, 23:59   #13
Senior Member+

Good idea any chance of it being an adult only or the forum will go the same way as this one.

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2004, 04:09   #14
I am Banned

There's no doubt, Jase, that your enthusiasm and imagination have brought a great deal of colour and excitement to recent matches - in fact (dare I say it?) your banners have been more exciting than some of the football !

However, I honestly don't believe that your success in that particular arena would , of itself , sustain a Club for any reasonable length of time.

So why not bring your flair and originality into the Official Supporters' Club ? We have the infrastructure, the experience and - surely - the shared aim of showing the world what a wonderful thing it is to be a Supporter of Accrington Stanley .

During the past few years, I know, there has been a feeling amongst some fans that the Official Supporters' Club has not been "their" sort of club ; there's been , perhaps , a belief that it's some sort of "Old Men's Club" which is out of touch with today's world. Well, I'd like to assure everyone who reads and contributes to this forum that nothing could be further from the truth !
In recent months there have been some really significant changes to the Club which will, within a very short time indeed, satisfy many of the modernists amongst us without sacrificing the valuable traditions which mean so much to so many.
These changes have been carefully thought through and , I'm pleased to say , have met with the full approval of Eric Whalley when I put them to him following our AGM.

So, before creating any break-away unofficial supporters' club, please let's be patient and see how we can all work together within the Official Accrington Stanley Supporters' Club. I repeat, this enthusiasm which you are showing is truly wonderful . . . let's make sure that we can all be a part of of it. Many Thanks, Steve Baker.
Henry Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2004, 07:40   #15

I have to agree with Eibo on this it's ok people saying yeah am in but if we are to get things moving it does need a meeting. What do you think J???

WAS A GREAT DAY FOR ENGLISH FOOTBALL................................

ACCRINGTON STANLEY ARE BACK....
Cammy ASFC is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..