Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree25Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2015, 01:36   #1
Full Member+

Stanley v Carlisle United Match Thread

Seeing as it's only 12 hours and 24 minutes to kick off and no one else has bothered i'll start a thread for today's game.
winstanley asfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-04-2015, 06:16   #2
God Member

Re: Stanley v Carlisle United Match Thread

Noticed the ref has issued 8 red and 79 yellow cards in only 28 games! I'm sure he will be up to the standard expected of League 2.
AccyMad and Stanleymad like this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 12:51   #3
Senior Member+

Let's hope that we get a competent and fair referee today!
We have certainly witnessed some poor refereeing this season!
Apart from the sending off it was a great performance on Good Friday, both from the team and the fans who travelled. Coley entertained us with his dug out antics but he and Jimmy certainly got the tactics and substitutions right!
I anticipate that Carlisle will bring a healthy sized band of supporters so we need everybody from, "dahn 'ere", to be 100% up for this one!
Let's have a great afternoon getting right behind Luke and the team and John and Jimmy.
This is once again...."The BIGGEST MATCH OF THE SEASON!"....A MASSIVE SIX POINTER!
Three points today and none for Carlisle would be ideal and just what we need on the run in towards the end of the season!
LOTS OF RED AND WHITE PLEASE.
LOTS OF SINGING PLEASE
LOTS OF SHOUTING PLEASE
LOTS OF FLAG WAVING PLEASE.
LOTS OF ATTACKING FROM STANLEY PLEASE.
LOTS OF GOALS FROM STANLEY PLEASE.
OH....AND JUST three tiny points for THE STANLEY PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE.
ON STANLEY ON
KEEP THE FAITH
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 14:27   #4

Mingoia is the second coming. Fact.
Old 06-04-2015, 16:15   #5
Senior Member+

Just back from an entertaining match, and what a relief. The ref was decent for us, the Messiah listened to the fans and played the team we felt should be playing and hey ho, we won against a team lower down the league than us. To be fair, I haven't seen the stats, but I think Carlisle probably shaded the possession but not the shots on goal. They are a decent side in need of strikers, now which other team could say that I wonder? Piero's goal was brilliant, Bruna's cross for the 2nd was a peach and the third was a goalmouth melee which went in our favour. Shame Carlisle scored towards the end but let me say, the home support went home happier than they have been in the last few weeks.
KiTChener likes this.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 16:25   #6
Full Member+

A good win for Stanley, I heard on the radio we not beaten them since 1961, I am glad we broke that record if it is true. It was nice to see the loan signings getting a game and giving a good account of themselves. Also nice to see Buxton back,, He certainly makes difference. There is still a lot to discuss about our tactics and general play which was not the best by any means today. Nice to see a crowd of over 2000, we could do with that every home match. Don't forget the supporters club meeting on Thursday 9th april 7.15 pm followed by a Q&A session with John & Jimmy. should be good, I expect a full house and a good grilling of the managers tactics, ideas, player loan choices. something every one has an opinion about. so get it off you chest on Thursday.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 16:36   #7
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Not our best display,by any means, but some cracking goals scored by our lads, was good to see subs used in good time, hope that continues, by my reckoning we are safe as houses fer sure now,Thought Piero Hunty n Buxton did very well Lidds also when he came on. well done conelly nabbing one, he aint me favourite player by any stretch, but credit were its due. to him and the management. The ref also i felt had a decent afternoon.

Last edited by cashman; 06-04-2015 at 16:40.
cashman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 16:43   #8
Resting in Peace

Great to see Coley ringing the changes after Friday's endeavours, and sensible, effective substitutions too. Jones and Atkinson were immense against the ariel bombardment and their big, awkward front men but I 'll bet they are both suffering from bruised ribs tonight! Not our best performance by a long chalk, but moments of quality from Piero, Bruna and Josh Windass brought our just rewards. If I am allowed just one negative comment though, it is why Maguire is given so much match time for such a poor player?
AccyMad and baldy like this.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 16:54   #9
Senior Member+

Got to agree Cashy,we've played better in the last six games but things went our way today.
We started4-4-2 which was a brave decision considering the centre mids they had.
They set up 4-2-3-1 and were a big experienced physical team and played very direct.
The difference in the first half was a bit of mingolas magic.
The turning point was a fantastic Hunt block to save a certain goal and Coley made a double substitution,pushed Windass further forward and Bingo !!
For me the CBs were excellent,along with Joycy and the keeper and I was devastated for them at the end as they deserved a clean sheet.
The fullbacks were tidy and disciplined and once windass's decision making improves he won't be at Acci much longer.
Piero was class and the young centre forward knows what's required to get to the next level (great learning curve for him today)
Finally a mention for their fans,who were unbelievable and turned up in huge numbers and never really got on their teams backs -Respect
cashman likes this.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 20:01   #10
Senior Member+

It was far from being a classic match today but it yielded a very welcome win and three points for our cause!
In my view Carlisle were quite a big physical side but they lacked some basic skills throughout their team. Their basic ball control and passing were often very poor. I thought that the referee allowed the Carlisle central defenders and Beck up front to get away with too many fouls. All three constantly pushed our boys and used their arms more than their feet! Therefore, like Redraine, I too thought that Rob and Lloyd were both terric today!
Scott in goal had a great game too and although he could do nothing to prevent Carlisle's late goal, I felt for him as he deserved to keep a clean sheet. Testament to Scott was that he was quite angry and disappointed for the goal to have been conceded so late on.
Pierro, as usual, had a fantastic match and his goal was a bit of Pierro Magic.
Bruna did quite well but looked a bit short of pace and match fitness. His cross for the second goal though was superb!
Josh took the cross 'on the bounce' to stroke the ball in to the net......a touch of class!
Seamus always impresses me when he plays as he never wastes the ball and fills any gaps, thus helping to 'choke' forward advancement of our opponents. It was nice to see him get on the scoresheet today.
Talking to a couple of Carlisle fans, on the way up the steps to The Crown, they were rightfully disappointed but paid credit to the performance of our team and suggested that we should really be in the play offs with our great football!
Well, it was back to a 'Four, Four, Two' today and another big difference was having two recognised full backs on duty. Buxton had a very good game but Nicky Hunt made a big difference today. He used his experience to great effect when under pressure and made a couple of important timely interceptions in our penalty box when the score was only 1 - 0 and we were being put under a bit of pressure.
It was a very important SIX POINTER today and our lads responded really well. Like Coley, I think that it is great to have reached the 50 points barrier but I too would like to see us get a few more yet!
ON STANLEY ON
AccyMad and yonmon like this.

Last edited by choirboy; 06-04-2015 at 20:03.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 22:03   #11
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
Great to see Coley ringing the changes after Friday's endeavours, and sensible, effective substitutions too. Jones and Atkinson were immense against the ariel bombardment and their big, awkward front men but I 'll bet they are both suffering from bruised ribs tonight! Not our best performance by a long chalk, but moments of quality from Piero, Bruna and Josh Windass brought our just rewards. If I am allowed just one negative comment though, it is why Maguire is given so much match time for such a poor player?
Agree with everything Redraine has said.
I like Maguires commitment but I have come to the conclusion he is not good enough for this level, for to long in to many games the team has carried him.

I thought Pieros goal was worthy of goal of the season.

And Nicky Hunt played well, Carlisles limited success came down Buxtons side.

The only down side was the Clayton End catering van selling out of drinks on the hottest day of the season.

Coleman deserves credit for his honesty in the post match interview that went out around 5.15pm on BBC Lancashire; not only did we get an accurate and honest assessment but he also gave the Carlisle fans praise for their support; it was also good of him to applaude them as he walked towards the changing rooms.
baldy and Exile on Spencer St like this.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 09:24   #12
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
... The ref also i felt had a decent afternoon.

Hold the front page!
yonmon and Chubbyman like this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 11:48   #13
Senior Member+

baggersblue
Reserves

Random Thoughts from Accrington 3 hours ago bruntonpete likes this.

Post by baggersblue on 3 hours ago

Having enjoyed Accies hospitality package and talked to some of their supporters and players it is embarrassing to see how far a club like Carlisle have fallen. The woman who organises the hospitality at Accies, Sophie, a student, works three days a week - as a volunteer. Her boss at ASFC is also part-time and a volunteer. When I told her that we have a full time commercial office team she looked open eyed and when I said we have advertised for a MD on £70-80k pa. she was dumbfounded. Accies couldn't even dream of such riches. They know they will lose at least £350k each season before a ball is kicked and yet, however odd or quirky their ground is.....and it is. Everyone is pulling in the right direction and believe in one thing....they can and will get better, improve and survive whatever happens including the problems a certain previous manager has left them with.

Read more: Carlisle United FC Forum | TheCumbrians.Net
interesting thoughts from Carlisle's message board, sooner be in our position
Old 07-04-2015, 12:11   #14
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
[/COLOR][/LEFT]
Random Thoughts from Accrington 3 hours ago bruntonpete likes this.

Post by baggersblue on 3 hours ago

Having enjoyed Accies hospitality package and talked to some of their supporters and players it is embarrassing to see how far a club like Carlisle have fallen. The woman who organises the hospitality at Accies, Sophie, a student, works three days a week - as a volunteer. Her boss at ASFC is also part-time and a volunteer. When I told her that we have a full time commercial office team she looked open eyed and when I said we have advertised for a MD on £70-80k pa. she was dumbfounded. Accies couldn't even dream of such riches. They know they will lose at least £350k each season before a ball is kicked and yet, however odd or quirky their ground is.....and it is. Everyone is pulling in the right direction and believe in one thing....they can and will get better, improve and survive whatever happens including the problems a certain previous manager has left them with.

Read more: Carlisle United FC Forum | TheCumbrians.Net
interesting thoughts from Carlisle's message board, sooner be in our position

There is probably more volunteer staff at Stanley than the rest of the football league put together
Old 07-04-2015, 13:04   #15
Senior Member+

Real people,real football club !!!
baldy likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..