Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-12-2006, 16:31   #31
I am Banned

Re: Stanley v Mansfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIPAX View Post
Are you sure a football match lasts 90 minutes.. only by my reckoning todays lasted 45 so that kinda blows your argument out of the water doesn't it

Have a look how many other matches where abandoned today.. quite a few.... look on there websites or messageboards.. you dont get your money back.. Its not a stanley thing so no use having a go at the club people:..

No but for clubs like ours that relies on support i think something should be done than nothing - otherwise Coley & Eric have no right to have a go at stanley fans for lack of attendance certainly in crap weather
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-12-2006, 16:35   #32
God Member

So if you pay for a 90 min flight to France from Manchester and the plane lands at Heathrow cause the storms are too risky to travel in would you pay again for the remainder of your trip?

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2006, 16:36   #33
God Member

Your kidding? So we havent got much money.. it costs a fortune to put a match on.. but you want the club to lose money and let everyone in for half price because a match was abandoned.. something no other club will be doing... just accrington stanley..... dont hold yer breath dear
Old 30-12-2006, 16:37   #34
God Member

Lets face it, the pitch was NO worse at half time than it was at kick off, if the ref says it was dangerous to continue the game should NEVER have been started in the first place

www.ubuntu.com

Old 30-12-2006, 16:38   #35
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.S.H View Post
So if you pay for a 90 min flight to France from Manchester and the plane lands at Heathrow cause the storms are too risky to travel in would you pay again for the remainder of your trip?
its a game of football not a flight.. and you can make any old thing up to compare badly.... so lets get on the same plane and....

if you pay for a 90 minute flight and it got you there 10 minutes early would you want a rebate? does your train or bus every get you there early and you ask for a rebate.

l
Old 30-12-2006, 16:39   #36
God Member

Quote:
Lets face it, the pitch was NO worse at half time than it was at kick off, if the ref says it was dangerous to continue the game should NEVER have been started in the first place

i would agree with that... didnt seem any difference to me and i dont recall seeing him come out and give it an inspection at half time.
Old 30-12-2006, 16:39   #37
I am Banned

Quote:
Your kidding? So we havent got much money.. it costs a fortune to put a match on.. but you want the club to lose money and let everyone in for half price because a match was abandoned.. something no other club will be doing... just accrington stanley..... dont hold yer breath dear

Who was that aiming at me or KSH? but to the point Kipax its a double edged sword tho isnt it - club will lose money on attendances when weather is crap cos simply fans like KSH will have paid out for a match thats not watchable for the full duration, so who is gonna risk it??? Cos im glad i didnt
Old 30-12-2006, 16:40   #38
God Member

Quote:
its a game of football not a flight.. and you can make any old thing up to compare badly.... so lets get on the same plane and....

if you pay for a 90 minute flight and it got you there 10 minutes early would you want a rebate? does your train or bus every get you there early and you ask for a rebate.

l
No but it takes me all the way and I don't have to pay twice

www.ubuntu.com

Old 30-12-2006, 16:40   #39
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accymel View Post
No but for clubs like ours that relies on support i think something should be done than nothing - otherwise Coley & Eric have no right to have a go at stanley fans for lack of attendance certainly in crap weather

eeerm wasnt they having a go at NONE stanley fans who dont attend matches.... why would they have a go at people who do attend?
Old 30-12-2006, 16:41   #40
God Member

why dont we make it mandatory at stanley. if the game is abandoned the replay is half price and make a big deal out of it and get good press a bit of spin ...stanley the family club....
cmonstanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2006, 16:48   #41
God Member

give stanley the braaging rights tell other people our club are not like the money grabbing rip off merchants like blackburn and burnley something positive can come out of this make a big noise in the local paperseven if it just attracts 40 extra people thats a good chance at least 7 people will come back its about building support
cmonstanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2006, 16:49   #42
Senior Member+

Quote:
Is this a good analogy? When storms delayed our flight from Orlando causing us to miss our Manchester connection at Atlanta Delta Airlines didn't just put us on a replacement flight next day at no extra cost they put all 17 of us up in a plush hotel - again at no extra cost.

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2006, 16:52   #43
I am Banned

Looking on fishy site i cant find any clauses or disclaimers with regard to abandoned matches etc? Unless im missing something, surely if it isnt there then it should or is it a review when it suits matter??
Old 30-12-2006, 16:55   #44
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
If the club had any sense they would make the replayed match half price admission or risk alienating the fans.
Thats a bloody good idea.Win/win for everyone.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2006, 16:58   #45

i think that stanley played quite well in the conditions, and i think that David Brown is gunna be starting for stanley alot more this season. Paul and David work well together. I also think that rikki Baines looks very strong, abit like welsh....

shame about ti being called off.

They should have given us tickets so we could get in half price at the replay.
stanleyfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..