Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-12-2006, 13:06   #106

Re: Stanley v Mansfield

Really the club should have a contingency plan for "What If" circumstances like this. The vouchers is the simplest idea cos you could have generic coupons which you drag out of the cupboard should the worst happen, dish em out as people leave then the club only needs to compensate the attendees who were disappointed.

Look to me from Kipax`s pics that there were quite a few made the 100 mile trek from mansfield, they should have been going home with a chitty for a half price/free invite to the replay. Thanks for coming.

Seeing how this wasn`t in place and the club have said it will be reduced admission for the replay we`ve gotta look at it as an opportunity to lure a few more down and hopefully have a fuller squad to play with.

BIG UP TO ALL WHO WENT
Anyone know the (alleged) Gate ?

No-One is completely useless........
They can always serve as a bad example.
www.panjenix.co.uk
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 31-12-2006, 13:46   #107
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero View Post
Really the club should have a contingency plan for "What If" circumstances like this.
It seems they have... there letting everyone in for reduced price the next time we play.... why isn't that a good idea ?
Old 31-12-2006, 14:06   #108
Senior Member+

That isn't a contingency plan. It's a 'made up on the fly' plan.

A nice gesture from the club and one that I hope pays dividends in terms of attendance at the replay.
Old 31-12-2006, 14:15   #109
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
That isn't a contingency plan. It's a 'made up on the fly' plan..
really? I wasnt aware of that.. I presumed this was always in there plans that if a game is abandoned then the rearranged would be cheaper.... my apologies.... BTW whats your source for this information TM ?
Old 31-12-2006, 14:20   #110
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIPAX View Post
really? I wasnt aware of that.. I presumed this was always in there plans that if a game is abandoned then the rearranged would be cheaper.... my apologies.... BTW whats your source for this information TM ?
Hmmm... in a previous thread you warn Oggy about making presumptions, but here you are doing the very same thing.

I have no source, but it's a fair assumption. Unlike others I don't spend all my time hanging around at the club.
Old 31-12-2006, 14:27   #111
God Member

Quote:
Hmmm... in a previous thread you warn Oggy about making presumptions, but here you are doing the very same thing.

I have no source, but it's a fair assumption. Unlike others I don't spend all my time hanging around at the club.

excuse me ???? where have I warned anyone about anyhting ?...

oh so when you post that something is this that or the other.. its actually just what popped into your head then.. at least i preceeded my version with "it seems" you just said no..this is how it is. and all the time its what you guess it is... tut tut
Old 31-12-2006, 14:29   #112
Senior Member+

Quote:
I presumed this was always in there plans that if a game is abandoned then the rearranged would be cheaperTM ?
I presume the club would have announced details if it was a plan.

Presumably

Now it’s out in the open, there are no secrets at the club.
Oggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2006, 14:31   #113
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oggy View Post
I presume the club would have announced details if it was a plan.

Presumably

they don't normally.... and that isn't guesswork
Old 31-12-2006, 14:33   #114
Senior Member+

Quote:
excuse me ???? where have I warned anyone about anyhting ?...
Quote:
Originally Posted by KIPAX
you take it wrong then oggy... try not to presume too much
Looks like a disciplinary to me.

We have to presume things, as the club tells us very little. Let's put it this way... I would be very, very surprised if there was a contingency plan already in place.
Old 31-12-2006, 14:47   #115
God Member

Quote:
Looks like a disciplinary to me.
Well it would wouldn't it.. and to everyone else... now you quoted it without the smiley... Sorry TM but thats a bit pathetic of you...

Quote:
I would be very, very surprised if there was a contingency plan already in place.
Thats fair enough... but what you originally posted with a quote from me and to argue my view and you stated that it wasn't a plan and that it was on the fly...

I can only presume your having a bad day if your putting all this effort into trying to take me to task... your missquoting and backtracking would seem to show it to be a bit of a pointless exercise eh TM

iI simply stated that it "seemed" to be a plan... maybe you missunderstood that?
Old 31-12-2006, 14:59   #116
Senior Member+

Leaving off the smiley does not remove the meaning of the words. I simply showed that you had 'warned' Oggy about presuming (lightheartedly or not) and that was the case. I didn't misquote you. I changed no words.

I am not backtracking either. My point still stands and is every bit as valid as your's in your next post. You state that the club have a contingency plan which involves a reduced admission price next time. How do you know that was an existing contingency plan and not a plan made up on the fly as I suggested?
Old 31-12-2006, 15:09   #117
God Member

Quote:
Leaving off the smiley does not remove the meaning of the words. I simply showed that you had 'warned' Oggy about presuming (lightheartedly or not) and that was the case. I didn't misquote you. I changed no words.
why do you keep saying i warned him when i didnt? also have you noticed your the only one remotely bothered...oggy doesnt seem to be and I aint.. so whats your problem.... Also removing the smiley takes away the intent of the message

Quote:
I am not backtracking either.
your first poste stated it was a plan made on the fly.... you then backtracked by saying you guess it was.... either your saying it was or your summizing it was... make a choice

Quote:
I. ou state that the club have a contingency plan which involves a reduced admission price next time. How do you know that was an existing contingency plan and not a plan made up on the fly as I suggested?

This is the bit where your falling flat on your face TM and I notice your not quoting what I said.. just re doing it in your own words .... Unlike you who stated it as on the fly... I said "it seems they have a plan" as in SEEMS not as in fact....
Old 31-12-2006, 18:40   #118
Senior Member+

Pure idiotic madness.

Old 31-12-2006, 18:45   #119
God Member

Does that mean i win?

crack a smile TM .. it wont kill ya
Old 31-12-2006, 18:48   #120
Senior Member+

Quote:
Pure idiotic madness.

Le mot juste

Now it’s out in the open, there are no secrets at the club.
Oggy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..