Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree65Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-03-2015, 18:09   #16
Senior Member+

Re: Stanley v York.

We don't normally play that way,did we get dragged into their way of playing?,wasn't surprised with a draw,but must of shown a bit of character to get a point
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-03-2015, 18:25   #17
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

We did it from the off, no good blaming York, To be honest when we got the freekick,i said to wynonie hope Joss takes it. Why 2 subs wi 3 mins to go and 2-1 down? Thats not good management by any stretch.
Old 21-03-2015, 18:32   #18
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
We don't normally play that way,did we get dragged into their way of playing?,wasn't surprised with a draw,but must of shown a bit of character to get a point
Sorry, Football19, but we didn't show much at all, today, especially quality. Windass got us out of gaol and York must be feeling sore that they didn't go home with all 3 points, bad as they were. We were so wasteful of numerous attacking positions and just seemed to pick the wrong options with the final balls into the box. Over hit, under hit, too hurried and no composure. Our two late subs were ridiculous. Ok, I undertand where Coley is coming from when he says the selected 11 should be able to last the full 90 minutes when we are looking good, but not to change things when our play is so dire is beyond belief.We have now conceded more goals than any other team in this division, but Coley said not long ago that our defence is the best he has ever worked with!!! Funny old game.
AccyMad and Red-Osbornello like this.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2015, 19:12   #19
God Member

One point saved is better than nowt but, according to the Beeb website Stanley had 9 shots to York's 19, and only 3/6 on target!
Are those figures an accurate reflection?
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2015, 19:36   #20
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
One point saved is better than nowt but, according to the Beeb website Stanley had 9 shots to York's 19, and only 3/6 on target!
Don't know, but I can't remember their goalie making any saves.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2015, 19:38   #21
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Wasn't counting mate, but sounds about right, we were dire.
Old 21-03-2015, 19:59   #22
Full Member+

A bit unfair really, He was on a loser from the minute he stepped on the pitch.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2015, 20:03   #23
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
How did the pitch play Cashy?.i know buzzers missing and this time of the year gets a bit "bobbly"which doesn't suit our style.
Chris,bad example Grey,was brought on with Northampton winning (presumably to hold the ball up)and got beat,whilst windass got us a point !!
A bit unfair really he never had a chance from the minute he stepped on the pitch. I think he simply fell foul of the Coleman way.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2015, 20:04   #24
Senior Member+

Your always fair in your assessment redraine and I must admit I've never been a fan of three at the back and wing backs.
For me it creates problems when you come up against three forwards (4-3-3) as your wing backs get pinned back.
It's also an easy outlet for the opposition to play into the corners.
Young windlass is not an out and out forward so it ends up 3-6-1 !!,or 5-4-1 .
Give me 4-3-3 any day,but we would struggle getting all our best players on the pitch so it's a tricky one
Old 21-03-2015, 20:06   #25
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisr View Post
A bit unfair really he never had a chance from the minute he stepped on the pitch. I think he simply fell foul of the Coleman way.
Today I meant Chris !!!,by the way I like him as a player
Old 21-03-2015, 20:12   #26
Full Member+

Good point, however the attendance figure suggests the crowd have been priced out.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2015, 20:46   #27
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post
Good point, however the attendance figure suggests the crowd have been priced out.
Disagree, to me the attendance figure suggests we aint winning. A winning side anywhere n crowds come.
Old 21-03-2015, 20:55   #28
Senior Member+

Not for £20 a time cash unfortunately.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2015, 21:18   #29
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Pretty much yeah - very disappointed with our performance but at the end of the day relieved to take a point from the game, it's never pretty against York & good result seeing as though they're fighting for their lives, how much difference 12 months can make, who's have thought they were in play offs last season
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2015, 21:55   #30
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisr View Post
I have to say the last few home games have confirmed to me that JC and JB have taken this club as far as they can.
I think it is more accurate to say they have taken the club as far as it can be taken, without another even more loaded fairy godmother - remembering we've had two of those already, one to get us where we are today in the first place, and one to fend the taxman off when the first overreached himself.

Mid-table in League 2 feels pretty good given my lifetime (64 year) timescale.
MikeA, Wynonie Harris and johnc like this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..