Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree65Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-03-2015, 12:35   #46
Full Member+

Re: Stanley v York.

I agree with a lot of posters views and statistics on this thread. Would Beattie have been given the same length of time? I have said previously I am not a Coleman hater or lover but since his return the team has not improved in terms of performance and skill. I find our team warm up routine a joke. why is there no trainer or physio on the field warming up with them? This all points to poor management. I am sorry to say it but it is time for a change of manager, I think the manager has taken the team as far as he can. His failures elsewhere should have sounded warning bells to the board. we need a manager that has some tactical Knowledge and does not hold grudges.
smudgie and cashman like this.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-03-2015, 12:57   #47

Lets get behind John and Jimmy
They have agreed to do a question and answer session for the OASSC on 9th April
8pm in the Sports Bar
stanley nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2015, 13:19   #48
Junior Member+

out of interest have the flexi tickets proved popular? I will probably get one next season.
bigdavethemaddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2015, 13:20   #49
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

i know a few thats got em n are delighted wi em, if that helps.
Old 22-03-2015, 13:32   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdavethemaddog View Post
out of interest have the flexi tickets proved popular? I will probably get one next season.
They were that good I got two when they were on offer at £135 . Handier than a season ticket because I don't just use them myself.
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2015, 14:00   #51
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdavethemaddog View Post
I think they have been very popular this season and I hope they will continue to be so

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2015, 15:58   #52

Are you for real? You are entitled to your opinion about tactical knowledge and holding grudges, however that is all it is, YOUR opinion. You talk about John taking the club as far as he can, well let's talk about FACTS. It was John and Jimmy that won 3 league titles and it was the same management team that got the club into the Play-offs the season before they moved on. There's a few whingers on this forum who have it in for him no matter what he does. If he makes a substitution or he doesn't - he's at fault. If one of your favourite players isn't in the team, it's because he has a grudge about them. If it's the state of the National Health System - it's Coley's fault blah blah blah!

No-one has a divine right to win any match in this division but I tell you what - I'd rather have John and Jimmy steering the ship than any other management duo in this league or any other division for that matter!

So go and get your two or three other cronies to "like" your negative posts (they know who they are) from now on - as I'm pretty certain that the true fans understand that everything that John and Jimmy do on or off the pitch is for the continuous improvement for the club.

Keep the faith!
coley1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2015, 16:15   #53
God Member

Well said Mike.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2015, 16:16   #54
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

You will say that obviously being his brother, n i am certainly no cronie of ChrisR in fact i dont know him. We are all aware what they achieved with a crap budget, I am also aware of other stuff. Its one thing defending yer own, that i understand, But to say true fans will understand, yeh can go suck eggs, I was watching stanley before you were born or had even owt to do wi the club, n i go to most games home n away, so in your blinkered vision i aint a true fan.By the way your post has got a like, but i aint arrogant enough to think or say shakermaker is your cronie.

Last edited by cashman; 22-03-2015 at 16:23.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2015, 16:24   #55
Full Member+

Having very little budget to play with the ability to tap into the loan system and picking up out of contract players with something left to prove or untapped promise is crucial.

I'm not sure who would do this better than the current manager on the current budget. We can hardly afford Sam Allardyce and his sports science.

If Stanley ever got a bad manager we would go down 15 points adrift.
shakermaker likes this.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2015, 16:34   #56
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

I certainly am not in favour of change, the club can't afford it fer one thing, I shall continue to support Stanley no matter who is in charge, that dont mean i have to like whoever.
Outback Ozzy likes this.
Old 22-03-2015, 16:43   #57
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
I think they have been very popular this season and I hope they will continue to be so

Let,s hope the club do something positive in the close season with season tickets and various other tickets and walk on prices, if JC & JB get the squad they want this year a good start next year which I think they will we might just see a swell of numbers start to creep back. I think early bird tickets really discounted next year could sell in numbers only increasing regular fans and target the young kids with good offers they can become regulars of the future.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2015, 17:10   #58

First of all the 3 league titles were the northern premier first division, the northern premier and the conference starting 15 years ago and ending 10 years ago almost. In the football league we have won nothing nor came close to it. We had one good season where we reached the playoffs but mostly struggled against relegation scraping by each season.

When they tried it at a higher level they were found wanting with Rochdale getting relegated and not looking like going back up. The 3 titles they had won counted for nothing there.

That said I don't think we should get rid because I don't think we can do better with what we have because we have next to nowt and don't look like we will ever have much more.

The way things look at the moment the next thing they win may be the northern premier again because I have seen nothing to suggest we will win much in the league. Fortunately we are happy just to be in the league and success for Accy is measured by keeping us in the league. They said themselves when they left for Rochdale that they had gone as far as they could with Stanley and that was why they left or was it just for the money?

It is Dav0 tactics to call everyone who criticizes the management a hater. Perhaps it's just that people are fed up paying good money for the poor fare on offer!

Crowds are dwindling and may get worse unless things improve so how about some performances to get the place buzzing. Keep the faith is a sound bite not a battle cry. Most people still back the manager so rather than moaning about the fans give them something to cheer. Show us the skills that won those 3 titles but in the words of the song "those days are past now and in the past they must remain.." Football managers are only as good as their last game. Fans don't care about what happened over 10 years ago they care about now so talk less and do more.

The murmurings of discontent were apparent on the Clayton end yesterday however it was only a few. Don't let it grow because football fans are fickle people.

The same could be said about the small band of Coley lovers all liking each others posts but fortunately the vast majority on here are just Stanley fans. We will support the club, we will support the team and we will support the manager but don't take us for mugs.
Old 22-03-2015, 17:13   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Let,s hope the club do something positive in the close season with season tickets and various other tickets and walk on prices, if JC & JB get the squad they want this year a good start next year which I think they will we might just see a swell of numbers start to creep back. I think early bird tickets really discounted next year could sell in numbers only increasing regular fans and target the young kids with good offers they can become regulars of the future.
I would also go with earlybird flexis for us out of towners. I wouldn't buy a season ticket because of midweek and friday games and I won't be the only one but I would buy another flexiticket.
Chrisr likes this.
Old 22-03-2015, 21:23   #60
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by coley1957 View Post
Are you for real? You are entitled to your opinion about tactical knowledge and holding grudges, however that is all it is, YOUR opinion. You talk about John taking the club as far as he can, well let's talk about FACTS. It was John and Jimmy that won 3 league titles and it was the same management team that got the club into the Play-offs the season before they moved on. There's a few whingers on this forum who have it in for him no matter what he does. If he makes a substitution or he doesn't - he's at fault. If one of your favourite players isn't in the team, it's because he has a grudge about them. If it's the state of the National Health System - it's Coley's fault blah blah blah!

No-one has a divine right to win any match in this division but I tell you what - I'd rather have John and Jimmy steering the ship than any other management duo in this league or any other division for that matter!

So go and get your two or three other cronies to "like" your negative posts (they know who they are) from now on - as I'm pretty certain that the true fans understand that everything that John and Jimmy do on or off the pitch is for the continuous improvement for the club.

Keep the faith!
I don't have cronies, My views are my own that I have observed with my own eyes from a good vantage point. I used to follow Stanley home and away for the main part of the 90s so I am not a newbie. The club fan base is shrinking weekly, notice how empty the Clayton end is. I would respectfully suggest you remove the rose coloured specs and see what is going on. If you really wanted to help the club then I suggest you join the supporters club and volunteer to help out a bit. or I am afraid the club won't last too much longer on the gates we are getting. A new manager may have new contacts, ideas,strategies, I am afraid we are at that point now where all suggestions need to be considered.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..