Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree65Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-03-2015, 15:43   #1
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Stanley v York.

This game in my view 3 pts will virtually secure us once again, Hopefully Buxton will get a game, now hes back to full fitness. Will not be easy York will fight like hell as survival is the aim, n to be honest its hard fer me to understand how they are in this position? So come on Reds give me mate Wynonie whos oer from Peru, a real present.
Wynonie Harris and Chrisr like this.
Old 20-03-2015, 15:51   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Stanley v York.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
This game in my view 3 pts will virtually secure us once again, Hopefully Buxton will get a game, now hes back to full fitness. Will not be easy York will fight like hell as survival is the aim, n to be honest its hard fer me to understand how they are in this position? So come on Reds give me mate Wynonie whos oer from Peru, a real present.
I think Wynonie's prediction Stanley 6 york 4 would put us all in dreamland
Wynonie Harris likes this.
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2015, 16:03   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Nah dont concede 4, - 6-1 will do.
Old 20-03-2015, 18:04   #4
Senior Member+

Any win to reduce the goal difference tally will do

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2015, 20:29   #5
Senior Member+

Looking forward to the match v York tomorrow, although unfortunately I will have to arrive late!
York always bring good support who are quite vocal so it should be a good gate and good atmosphere! We need our supporters to be up for this one and to get right behind our boys!
Lots of flags waving, singing and support tomorrow guys and galls!
ON STANLEY ON
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2015, 20:37   #6
God Member

Good news for us (& I mean this in the nicest possible way) is that it looks like Wes Fletcher will play no part whatsoever tomorrow - he was one of the laziest players ever to grace the Stanley shirt but has been a right thorn in our side since his move to York, it'll still be a tough game though, fingers crossed we can lift the 3 points we need to get us that bit closer to safety
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2015, 06:41   #7
Full Member+

there other forward has been recalled to his parent club
Lemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2015, 16:22   #8
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Poor performance, I fail to understand this so-called messiah, who thinks players should be able to play for 90 mins (He says) Then proceeds to put 2 on with 3 mins to go. Perhaps he was playing for a 2-1 defeat? Fortunately Joss beggared that tactic up n equalised at the death.
Old 21-03-2015, 16:33   #9
God Member

Poor game all round and less than a 1000 home fans on a Saturday poor, as for the game against sides who are below us in the table and set up for a point or steal 3 this 3-5-2-system does,nt work for me would rather see more men pushed forward because we are a better team on the front foot but a point and 2 of them is better than nought. Looked like a bit of trouble in their end always is with them there Yorkies can,t take tha ale cock.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2015, 16:44   #10
Senior Member+

Missed the game due to golfing commitments in Portugal
Was it a point gained in the end?,we move up a place and maintain the gap between the bottom teams.
Was never going to be easy against a physical team who are fighting relegation.
I don't think Yorks position reflects what their capable of,so I look forward to reports before I try another beer
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2015, 16:48   #11
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

York were poor, We were as bad. simple. They relied mainly on the big hoof up field, There defence seemed to panic when we went forward. we failed miserably to take advantage imho. I said in the opening post expected a tough game, I never expected us to play so poorly though.

Last edited by cashman; 21-03-2015 at 16:55.
cashman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2015, 17:20   #12
Full Member+

It was a dire performance by us and they were a bit better most of the time. However we need to be beating teams like this to have any chance of advancing. Why JC did not make changes earlier is a puzzle, Gornall took a knock and struggled to run it off yet he was left on until the 90th minute. why make two changes that late in the game? I noticed the Argentine player has not had a look in for while along with other players, I still can not get my head round the loaning of James Gray to Northampton. I am afraid young Windass is not as good or experienced as James grey. I have to say the last few home games have confirmed to me that JC and JB have taken this club as far as they can. We need to move on and up to attract crowds and sponsors. I am afraid while we have the current Manager we will remain mid table also ran's. We would appreciate a few more people at the supporters club Meetings along with a few volunteers for various tasks in and around the club on matchdays. and there are a few admin places people could help with. Contact [email protected] he will be happy to hear from you.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2015, 17:31   #13
Senior Member+

How did the pitch play Cashy?.i know buzzers missing and this time of the year gets a bit "bobbly"which doesn't suit our style.
Chris,bad example Grey,was brought on with Northampton winning (presumably to hold the ball up)and got beat,whilst windass got us a point !!
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2015, 17:33   #14

Dire game of football.

They played like a team that should be at the foot of the table. If elbows were goals they'd be top of the league - their captain especially was a right dirty ******.

We played like it was a pre-season friendly. No urgency. The players on the pitch with the system played just didn't seem to gel.

Thought the game was crying out for Bruna and McCarten. Thought Maguire was played out of position. Crooks was also there.
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2015, 17:49   #15
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Don't think we can even use a bobbly pitch fer n excuse, we were lumping up in the air mostly anyway. Why again the liverpool lad was substituted defies logic, he did make n error early doors, fer which Atko berated him,but after that had a very good game i thought.
deeayess likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..